I would like to advocate for a change to: Revier Hydraxor

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Gnomes, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/1917

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/champ/1648

The ability gives:

"While this champion is in play, Hydraxor costs 10% less nora to deploy. While Hydraxor is in play, any damage this champion deals counts toward Hydraxor's Quest: Damage. This champion gains Regeneration 1."

This is a 10 nora ability.

With 2 champs out with Revier Hydraxor you pay 20 nora in ability and get back 17.4 nora for the 20% refund off of hydraxor.

That means. for upfront cost of +20 and an ending cost of about 1,3 nora you get regen 1 and the dmg counts to quest dmg for hydraxor.

First off, you will not usually get both Revier champs out first/before hydraxor.

Secondly, having their dmg count too hydraxor's quest does very little because hydraxor will get to the quest dmg very quickly because of his cleave anyhow.

Proposed change:

Hydraxors Flavor text indicates he is a "ancient protector of Forglar"
    Quagmirrians Flavor text also says "We are the Old Ones. We protect Forglar and serve its kin. - Quagmirrian Pytal"
    Firk Prophet "The Firk prophets are revered for their premonitions, since precognition is rare." And premonition in our case means protect.

so... how about.

While this champion is in play, Hydraxor costs 10% less nora to deploy. While Hydraxor is in play, this champion gains ___________.

Hold the line?

Train:defense and train:damage?

more suggestions appreciated.

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

3. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

I get that the ability is weak but the "Damage goes to Hydraxor's Quest: Damage" bit is very exciting. Like it's the kind of ability I'd read and try to make a bg around. Now this obviously fails because the Quest is not that amazing but what if there was a way to keep a similar master-servant interaction? Something like "this champion gains Quest: Damage and damage dealt by Hydraxor counts to this quest" like the current ability but reversed?

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would rather see it replaced with anything else, rather than feel it could be awesome "some day"...

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hmm its on Almsgiver right? Any way protective could work?

6. Dolcebrodude

Currently on Firk Prophet and Quagmirrian.

Protective: Hydraxor could be a new ability to make those support champs pack a bigger punch when big daddy hydra is out.

Gnomes likes this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I also would like to keep him in the theme of aquatic/semiaquatic.

and because you do not run any firk in those really... maybe we can change prophet to be more aquatic/semi aquatic based.

I do want to STRESS that Aquatic is a theme too!!! not only semis, so please dont get rid of them.... they already lost hydraxor as a "AQUATIC" champ.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

What about granting hydrate? Might make quag obselete though.

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

While hydraxor is in play, gain marsh lesson. Also marsh lesson cost 4 nora instead of 8

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

A couple questions:

Are any "Revere" abilities even really used?

If so which ones, and how valuable are their effects?

I know the Thirion one gives +Range, Icesnap gives a conditional double damage effect etc. But I don't know that any of these get used anymore (and whether or not that's because they are actually also bad or if it's just that people don't like those dragons... seemed like Icesnap still got used now and then though).

Of course, given the higher costs of some of these dragons the base Revere discount effect will be more valuable for some than others. Hydraxor I believe is one of if not the cheapest one, so it might also be worth considering a higher value secondary effect in relation to that.

Though really they should probably all just lose their discounts and work more like Neophyte or Page or those ones that benefit while Juya is in play... (and have appropriate abilities and costs off that).

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

The akakios one gets used every so often too.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. Dolcebrodude

Been trying to break Revere: Akakios for a while but got frustrated with how mediocre Priest of Fury is on it's own.
    Revere: The Exile is good in Deep Wounds bgs.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  13. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I really don't want to see more hydraxors in play.....

the abiltiy is fine though I suspect it will be a pain in the ass to code using their system

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Its more about seeing more of the revier champs in play.

Hydraxor himself is a whole othere topic. He is quite strong with aquatic talisman and spont regen. That is for over 100 nora though.

Ohmin likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I mean, personally I think Prophet is fine... without the Revere upgrade (and fixing that would open up options which would be very nice)... but I also kind of think that Quagmirrian got a little over-tweaked in general from back when he saw some play, and that fixing Revere would help but not really solve all his problems... but that's just my perspective.

16. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Mena's Apprentice is kind of like Revere, and it can work well, but it's a lot of nora to setup. Why not just setup like this? Revere Hydraxor: While this champion is in play, Hydraxor costs 10% less nora to deploy. When Hydraxor and this champion is in play, Hydraxor receives +1 damage, and this champion gains Cooperation. This makes is a potential super champ build.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Also the prophets need more synergy with hydraxor...currently they don't seem to want to be in the same deck by design. Prophets are paralytic/strike/feedback/psychic synergy and hydraxor is a semi-aquatic/water deck enabler. That's the biggest problem... hydraxor could have an upgrade that is psychic/feedback related or the prophets have some water related upgrade .... then deal with revere just being overcosted af.

- Revere giving regen 1 is meh. Maybe give them trail water since hydraxor is semi aquatic for some reason. Any revere should give the dragon something imo.

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I want to make sure that normal aquatic champs stays a theme. not only semi's

I want to see more aquatic champs! are there any in the upcomming expac?