Bugs megathread.

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Bugs' started by darklord48, Apr 4, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Please read through what has been posted and if you encounter it too, add any additional details you can provide in a reply.

My suggestion is that as each bug is fixed, a moderator could delete the post so there are less to look through.

Provide as much detail as possible.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In Solo Play, on the first stage of Skeezick Rebellion, the Tar Pits map. The leftmost font did not allow me to deploy any units in the top left or second from top leftmost squares. They show right at the very edge of the map, where I believe there was more of a border in previous versions.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Also in Solo Play, on the first stage of Skeezick Rebellion, when Draksar Broodlings explode the animation plays in the center of my game client instead of on the unit. Similarly, the Hive animation instead of displaying on the hive, the swarm flies from the bottom of the client to the center of the screen and returns to the bottom.

4. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

I get an error trying to start the launcher after download and update:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at Launcher.PoxLauncher.btnPlay_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Desert%20Owl%20Games/PoxNora/Launcher.exe
    PatchLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Desert%20Owl%20Games/PoxNora/PatchLib.DLL
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What operating system are you running on?

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Visual bugs:

- Attacked enemy champion with pirhanid warrior, and he left a faint 'ghost' of his standing character model in the location he attacked from. The ghost impression remained for the rest of the game.
    - Attacked enemy shrine using a 4-5 ranged champ, and the damage number didn't show up anywhere that I could see.
    - Some of the water tiles in the darkmarsh map showed up as dirt on the 'terrain indicator'

Rune manager bugs:

- Unable to add cp to champions using tokens
    - All runes are listed as 2x2 size
    - Some runes with longer names dont have their full names in the initial selection screen ( but do have full names in the rune details screen)
    - Unowned runes have wonky nora costs in the rune details screen ( usually around 10 nora)
    - Need to have both 'obtained' and 'unobtained' filters active to be able to see all your runes- 'obtained' alone gives an incomplete list.
    - Having 'race' filters active prevents all spells from being shown.

Tutorial 2:

-Unable to proceed when asked to use the execute ability, because I had already attacked twice and used up all of my ap. Couldn't end turn or activate exertion.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This may be related to http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/game-crash.26546/

8. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

I am running Windows 7 32 bit

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, we will have to investigate further.

@nivekflakes can you start up a private forum conversation with me and share the following two files with me?

Go to the instillation directory of the new Pox Nora client and copy the text documents named output_log and launcher. These two will hopefully shed some light as to what is happening.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Breath of L'usara doesn't work at all. It costs nora and goes on cooldown, but doesnt generate ice or grant domain or hidden arctic.

breath of lusara bug.jpg

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

when teleport sonic elemental he became invisible. moving it again makes him visible.

12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

also pygmy stampede gets a hundred of pygmys stayin on the screen

13. yandarius

yandarius The King of Potatoes

can't play too. I try on 7 32 bit and 10 32 bit. Both of them can't play too. and same message error. please help.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Known issue with 32 bit.