My initial impressions

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Discussion' started by darklord48, Apr 4, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

• Deckbuilder filters are now in correct alphabetical order.
    • Average costs displayed for each rune type instead of the BG as a whole.
    • Custom games against bots have replaced Skirmish games.
    • Ability cooldowns are shown clearly in the middle of the ability.
    • Runes on cooldown are right next to the runes in the BG.
    • Nora gained each turn is displayed right next to the current nora.
    • Music keeps playing even after killing a champ! The music bug is gone.
    Dislikes:
    • Chat window covers the Back button in the UI, so you have to minimize chat to go back to other pages.
    • Champion AP is now shown in the middle of the picture. This will probably just take getting used to.
    • Custom game times are now 2:00, 5:00, and 10:00 for turn length.
    • Daily quests show for some time, then switch to heroics. I can't seem to control it.
    • The number of runes drawn aren't listed anymore.
    • While various resolution sizes are available, there is not an option to zoom out and view the whole battlefield. Scrolling is still necessary.
    • Circus is gone from in the custom games. This will make the heroic quests much more difficult to achieve.
    • Combat log shows in the global chat.
    • The game installs to c:\programdata not program files.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  2. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

My initial impression is that the BETA version of the new client is actually a deterioration compared to the old client.

... so it's a good start. :)

3. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

I hate that the combat log appears in the global chat.

You can't change your mind about where to move a champ before committing.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, combat log in the global chat is annoying.

5. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

The daily quest-heroic quest change at the main screen can be controlled, under them are two little dots that you can click on.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That has changed in the past couple days, or the hitbox is tiny. I tried clicking on them before and it didn't change.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Is this information explicit anywhere in the game? This may sound silly after you've found the feature, but having different paths for single player might be annoyingto the new player.

However, I think I understand why they put it in custom game: to make it similar to existing strategy games which have campaign modes and "skirmish" modes(I remember this from Age of Empires, and I'm sure it's even older) so it probably makes sense.

@Sokolov @Senshu did I get it right?

EDIT: Also @darklord48 , amazing list man.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, it wasn't intuitive for me either. I did find it later, but only after I had given up that Skirmish and Daily Missions were just not in the client yet.

9. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yeah there are a couple fields that need editing. I'd prefer to have larger units to scroll through the achievements and have the timed cycling feature removed

@darklord48 it was this thread that made me realize skirmisher was available, I'm glad I got my first impression recorded because that was a good portion on if. That and the icons needing adjustments.

I agree with this list...also, I never thought to defeat Heroics with Circus decks so that was an interesting tidbit