PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Woffleet, Hierokliff, aseryen and 2 others like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Holy shittttttttttttttttttttt

Finally

3. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Is it true ? Is this possible ?

4. Tweek516

voodoov and aseryen like this.
  5. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

You would think this would be the first place they would post smh

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The video is from DOG, so I believe it is true. If it was just the article, then I wouldn't trust it without verification.

aseryen likes this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

gather relics?

8. Tweek516

I thought that a bit weird too.

9. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This is great! Looking forward to new players, now just to clarify...Will this release the player made expansion or should we still be patient?

And to nitpick cause that's my thing...The logo in the beginning gets cut off too soon. I was watching the owls animation and at the end it's just too rushed from when it rests to the next cutscene; prolly can't fix that now but for future videos make sure we can appreciate the logo before it cuts out.

Actually, I'm watching it over again with better headphones. I like the sync with the audio, but maybe that won't be the case for the next advertisement lol. Now that I noticed the timing of it all I really like it haha.

10. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

It's a 10 year old niche tactical CCG game with an entrenched veteran playerbase of about 40 pvp players max online at once.

I would like to believe that dropping this on ps4 would bring new players in, but unfortunately i'm a realist.

Scrijordan likes this.
  11. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Could someone explain to me exactly how this works? I recently came back to play Pox again after many years, I own a ps4 so this news is something really great to hear after all these years. But do I like download the client on my ps4 or something? How would I get Pox on my ps4? Or has that not been announced yet

12. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Cool thought it would be a loooooonger wait then it has been.

13. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

When the game launches you will presumably be able to download it using your ps4. Then you can clone your PC account to the ps4 version.

14. demonswish

demonswish New Member

Cool, I hope as a community we can dial down our QQ rage and welcome new comers that as Regulate mentioned might not stay due to the intricacy and hugeness of the game. Ironically it's why I love pox so much so I know there are a few out there.

15. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

A lot of people have ps4's. The upside to the community being so small now is that we'll see a significant population increase even if only 0.1% of ps4 users play.

16. aseryen

It wont be the 2000 a day we had with SOE but really who knows. I don't know anyone that has a PS4 or vita so none of my friends will be playing. Hopefully the content brings more PC players since back in the day the 2000playerbase consisted of only PC players.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

This not a game that is suited to console and sofa-and-controller, it's incredibly niche and there is probably practically 0 overlap between the 2 markets.

Trying to force it on to there shouldn't be lauded just because we're all desperate for the game to grow. I see it as time and effort that could have been used better elsewhere. However I would absolutely love to be proved wrong.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. aseryen

The controller won't have much effect on who plays the game, you either like playing on a controller or you don't that decision has already been made by the gamer based on the device they are interacting with. From there we can only give the player good content and I think Pox has some of the best content, certainly the most unique, which is enough for a player to want to sit down, relax and explore the universe; Poxnora is selling itself short trying to compete in the PvP gaming market, there is much more appeal in the Poxnora universe than playing Ranked games imo, but that's a matter of marketing and all comes down to what the devs want to produce. If ranked got worked on and we had Drafts and Tournaments etc. then I would enjoy Ranked a lot more. The game is too vast to get my blood boiling over one specific bg I want to play to top rank.

The biggest issue for new players will be the learning curve which needs to be addressed, level by level. I will spend some time making up some examples but really I'm pissing in the wind most of the time when I do these kind of things, anyway, If at level 10 the player has already been given examples of Novas, Auras, Bombs, Retreat Tactics, Deploy Tactics, etc. then hopefully we will have a more competent player base from an early stage rather than simply leaving it up to the player to explore the game without direction. We have a great community, it's one thing I see new players always posting about, but there needs to be that kind of knowledge and support ingame for the player to research for themselves.

I play on the Steam Controller, because it's more comfortable than a Mouse and Keyboard; and really I think a Vita would be even more comfortable to play, I'm debating on buying one for the release.

19. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Mac version coming 05/23 as well?

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

But how is the New Client working right now? the Beta looked like it needed months to be ready

We are still waiting an oficial statement to what mechanics will be completely removed from the game (trade and guilds are not on the New Beta Client for example..)

Honestly, May 23 seems odd

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    aseryen likes this.