Euan

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Firk, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I got a request also sent this to Sok.

Rework Etheral hammer and name it Euans Hammer. Make it give trail:Holy(or consecrate)
    remove the dissapearing part.

The let Euan come equipped with Euans Hammer(the equipp)

and remove Euans hammer skill and consecration from Euan(hero)

please make this happen for all Euan lovers. Been trying to fix this guy for years

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

He has the same problem as magnus, consecration is bad on the main tank. 4 AP for a cleanse and 5hp heal. no he has way better use of his AP.
    hammer throw could use a longer range, i like the idea of getting Ethereal hammer and make that hammer useful for paladin deck.

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

also if you did this it would free up a skill slot for somthing somthing

4. Hierokliff

Just for fun, testing him again. i wish carouse did really give tough1, regen 2 or enraged if it is destroyed as the other brews do, but still only tested that ability to get him as cheap as possible.
    while trying to get a working dwarf bg, i noticed there are 0 dwarf with detection. rah rah no wonder i think dwarfs are kinda annoying weak/bad if they are forced to use spells or relic for some detection. (oh yeah we got one with provision:utility, but still)

options 1:
    battle leader - with coming changes to battle leader / medal of valor it will hopefully cost alot less nora.
    surge enemy - might be ok
    battlemaster - great and almost only reason to run him

options 2:
    carouse - could use a better brew (same goes for all other carouse units besides dwarf beermaiden, without the negative intoxication ability the current one is kinda bleh even if it was nora compensated alot with the intoxicated change its still not really useful)
    prestige - on a hero is kinda not optional since he has iron will already, guess its not so bad, i would still never use it
    block 2 - costs to much nora, but only option2 that are ok to use.

wish i did really know where his nora cost goes. he is just 6spd, 10dmg, ok massive hp 58 and 3def, now i hope 3def is like max 3 nora since its weak with all ignore defense abilties. then hero and vuln elec should reduce his cost alot also, but still he is up at the same cost as talgar/bastion and so bad compaired to them.

think he suffers the same problem as many IS melee champs do, 85-95nora unless they got tough2-3, regen, shielded its not worth it. could see him lose 2-3 def, 10-15hp

5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i kinda feel the same i wish i knew where his nora cost went.

I have been trying to get him runnable for along time, but every time we suggest somthing great the "opponents" i guess other faction scream op without giving it a chance. I really want all heroes to be run they are "heroes after all"

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah Euan and Talgar always fighting for the same spot. I always thought we should push Euan to paladins and Talgar to dorfs. They would both function in either deck but give ability choices more streamlined to paladins for Euan and Dorfs for Talgar.

7. Hierokliff

tried him a few games, but not worth reporting 10% winratio (1win:9loss)
    a pure dwarf deck based around euan isnt easy. but gonna make a new deck and test, still with Euan as the main hero, not just as rune #30 to maybe be used.

8. Hierokliff

hmm 7spd euan with Aid Defense, shroud and battlemaster
    i really like the aid defense ability, but having it on a 5spd unit only is not good for dwarfs, and since someone thinks ironfist paladin is to OP if it has more then 5spd i would like that ability moved.

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

with his background story it would be cool if it did somthing like all drunk paladins gets + def :p

10. Hierokliff

never bothered with his background story, maybe he should get some of semmiran noble abilties then. keg tossing euan, hah or lets go real OP swarm: attendant squire

11. Hierokliff

testing another bunch games, but it looks like the best use of this rune is to make shards of it .-p
    in PvE its a booring rune, but in pvp its a gamechanger, i deploy him they win

12. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

yeah he actually loses me games, if i deploy him he does whery little a huge chunk of nora and hardly anyhting from it

13. Hierokliff

Noticed he is a spell magnet, no idea why, but some players dont like him and and hit him with 120-150nora of spells, ok for doing that on Talgar/Bastion...
    so i should have won those games, but still 15% winrate atm with a dwarf/euan deck. so did go back to barbarians for a little more fun gaming.

14. Hierokliff

So put Euan back in the deck, this time with Battlemaster (3) & Prestige as upgrades, a pure supportchamp for my paladin deck. And he isnt so horrible actually. Just about 10nora too expensive, 83 nora for a supporter is tough. I did also put in Inquisitor Magnus, @Markoth keps saying he aint so bad, so just have to test him. and with Providence on Magnus, his Adaptive & Punish upgrade works pretty good. Only reason i wanted Providence was for a paladin with defender, but defensive strike+punish is a great combo. The idea was to put it on Euan so he gives prestige,battlemaster and defender, but its so much better on Magnus then on Euan, or on any ranged paladin, heck even Bastion with range 1-3 uses the helm better then Euan .-)

The bg does ok, except against SL, still 0% winrate against SL Meta. but besides SL its a 75% winrate atm in PvP against full faction. 25% winrate vs Splits.

Think dwarfs lost alot on the intoxication changes, pretty sure sometime it used to give tough-1 from brews on dwarfs, or was that some special brew only?

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Euan's Hammer update in next patch:

This champion makes a Magical attack at RNG 2-5. If successfully damaged, the target is knocked back 2 spaces, then other enemy champions within 2 spaces of the final destination take 5 Magical damage (ignores DEF) and are knocked back 2 spaces.

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This is very cool. I always thought "consecration" champion based ability should just be folded into things like this since stand alone after spell effect change has always felt like a dead slot.

- He slams his hammer and makes a consecrated zone as well as the added effect. But this is self serving since I feel Euan should be the paladin centered hero and Talgar can be the dwarf centered hero. . . but obviously both would be functional in each theme with some overlap. Currently it's just which is more meta with not much regard to theme synergy imo.

17. Hierokliff

Noticed his CTE costs 0 AP in the betaclient, interesting, could be that iam tired and saw wrong, or its a sneak buff or a bug?

18. Sokolov

You mean the ability Consecration?

That's weird if it's costing 0. It shouldn't be.

19. Sokolov

upload_2017-5-13_8-50-53.png

Looks correct to me

20. Hierokliff

thats good, and when i test it again and again now its 4AP. hmm damned it :)
    maybe the hold the line nerf is also just in my mind.