PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Im sorry i keep insisting but i cant find the info in the forums

In the new client and PS client:
    Are guilds still a thing? there is nowhere to be found in the new client
    Is Drums of War still a thing? there is nowhere to be found in the new client
    Is the trader still a thing? there is nowhere to be found in the new client

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

PS4 Players will not need to create a separate account. As soon as they launch the game a account is created based off of their PSN credentials. One of the things we want to get in for PC players is the ability to create an account from the login screen so there is no need to leave the client and go to the website.

3. Senshu

• Guilds are still a thing through PoxNora.com and there is still guild chat. PS4 Players will not have access to the guild system at the moment due to restrictions on the console.
    • Drums of War is being phased out of the client and will eventually be removed from the website. With the other incentive systems like the Heroic Quests and League rewards, Drums of War serves less and less of a purpose to incentivize play. It also encourages players to not try different factions. This isn't to say this might come back in the future in a different form.
    • Due to PlayStation Requirements the Trader will not be in or accessible from the game client.

4. Kampel

Thank you for the reply

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I feel like the no guilds thing should be a high priority to fix. Guilds are great for teaching new players and making them stay.

Kampel and Ballballer like this.
  6. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

PS4 only or everyone going forward? Forging is great, but I do like trading a highly sought after meta for a big pile of also-rans.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

ps4 only

haroldkin likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah, that's going to piss me off if LE can't be had on PC version.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

So to clarify, you only want to direct the Battlegroup decisions players make based on Achievements, which change bi-weekly and every 24hrs. Again, to clarify...This decision scraps the long lasting system that has directed players for over 20 expansions in deck building. What reason does any player have to play the game now? Give me a reason other than a cracker-jack CCG trope, I want lore or some kind of game content that DOGs offers that no other game has, hook me. Not on the art, we are only talking mechanics right now. @Senshu @Sokolov

Poxnora certainly may not be Pay to win but it is "waste the rest of your life playing the entirety of the game because there is no reason to focus on one aspect of it"...this is the kind of crap players don't want either, if you want players to collect and play other runes they should be given incentives not have incentives removed, the reason players play/focus on one faction is choice, removing that is worse than making them pay for the game.

I'm not saying that I'm a huge fan of DoW, but your logic that you don't want players to focus on any one faction? That's like saying you don't want them to pay attention to your game, or to develop an interest in the content you've created for them. Don't treat players like ADHD kids not able to focus on one thing, if that's all someone wants to play let them. Find a way for player that only wants to play Minos or Trolls only to experience the game in the rest of the way someone who plays many factions/themes. It's not my problem you have a very specific gamer you want to cater towards @Sokolov @Senshu but you have to realize you can't make gameplay decisions for players, let us play the game and you create content.

TL;DR @Sokolov @Senshu removing content simply because you don't want a player to focus on that is not our problem, proactively design and develop so that what you create and produce does not need to be removed and gutted. Let the players decide for themselves how they want to play, it is your job to create the environment for which us players...play. Damn you would think that is something they teach in the industry @Sokolov @Senshu

Hierokliff likes this.
  10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

We choose to play this game not because it is sleek or revised, but because it is our choice, our own doing that we play this game the way we want to.

11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Just to see if i got this right, i have to have the same email account in pox and psn, and then automatically recognize me as a pox player and move my account to the psn? im a little confused about this, in case if it is like that, what happens if my emails dont match? do i have to change my info in one of the accounts? maybe i got it wrong, can someone enlighten me?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Sony wanted "exclusive" content. This was the best way to do so without PC players actually being unable to access that content in a way that affects gameplay.

DiCEM0nEY and Tweek516 like this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

You guys do realize that cloning accounts is highly abusesable and stupid right>?

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just let him be wrong. Doesnt matter what you say

SPiEkY and Kampel like this.
  15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That's a real shame that pretty coloured stuff is unavailable to the long term pc veterans that don't have a PS4 :(

You can reward all the pc players with a reskin of sporegill to make up for it, though! :D

aseryen likes this.
  16. Kampel

I agree that removing DoW is a big mistake but i guess it seems as a system simple enough to be added in a small patch in the future. Something i always thought Pox was lacking is faction identity and the lack of "bigger goals" other than collection and rank and this desition of removing DoW goes directly in the opposite direction. bold move i guess...

Well.. about the art..
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/low-resolution-art-display.26823/

Anyhow, i trust this game in the Vita will be a huge success. I'm still positive about it.

aseryen likes this.
  17. Senshu

Drums or War as it exists right now sets up an arbitrary loyalty and has little ties to lore outside of the expansion that shares its name. It is okay if players want to focus on a specific faction, but over the years DoW has been a point of confusion for new players. There are also technical reasons why we want to phase out the current DoW. We want to come back to DoW in the future and come up with a more meaningful role for it within Pox Nora.

aseryen, Tweek516, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  18. Senshu

For the foreseeable future.

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Will we be seeing anything to replace the competitve/reward aspect it offered, or will we simply only have ranking up rewards?

Real shame if not, because I feel we really need more reasons to play and to be competitive opposed to less.

20. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Perhaps have it not directly tied to the DoW wrath vs prot. thing. But it would still be very nice to keep track of who the best/plays the most of x faction. Perhaps a better recording system for wins/losses per season related to factions, however it would be a shame to lose the feeling of thinking wow someone has played 10k+ dow points worth of x faction they must be experienced etc, or its cool that x player was the top ranked player for x faction.

Whats there to differentiate someone like Calisk from any other ST player other than the fact he has won a lot of games 'in general'. It's a shame to lose this kind of 'history', and also not knowing who is the best from each faction at the end of the season or whos been grinding a lot etc.

Also as @Vote Kanye 2020 said, a large reason I played so much last DoW season was because I was racing @Flyingfinn for most FS DoW points/#1 ranked FS player. I heard he was playing/checking the stats a lot to beat me as well so it seems neither of us would play as much without this sort of inherent competition which is fun and friendly for some of the older players. I can understand the pointlessness/confusion for new players however other than epeen, its these sort of things that has the potential to keep the top ranks competitive. I know roughly how likely I am to beat most of the top players, we have played many many times before, its things like this which are at least semi-interesting for top competitive play (aka why I was playing during the DoW vs now).

xaznsoulx likes this.