Help with a wonky Equip/Relic BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Thbigchief, Mar 20, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Considering in our last 2 games you have decimated me with medal of valor on melee units it obviously will not be that bad. And yes reapers blade tends to shine when you start going up against the wall of ailur type enemies, and then theres the majority of other enemies where soul strike will do a whopping 10-11 damage which is really just not that much for a 45 nora equip.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I only use medal of valor for its heal (and +1spd), the damage bonus is/was for me almost useless. Now ive tried out ALOT (all?) of our other equip and nothing is near it.
    What should i do with +1dmg when i easy have 20-25dmg units just with commander+battlemaster, no its the healing that ill miss, tried beermaidens, tactical manual, all our armor but they are either buggy or BAD.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Run desperate heal, shrine damage is inconsequential nowadays

4. Hierokliff

But its so much worse then MoV heal, its just 15hp. MoV was constant 4-8hp/turn against FW players or others using summons.
    no i think i need to change playstyle a bit, or do a real attempt to play SL draksar that has all defense abilities + Regen (and alot of fury units)
    we adapt, i just dont know how yet... but soon someone figures out a way and ill copy :)

5. Hierokliff

btw @Thbigchief have you tested this type of deck with the new shattering ability? (Destroy equipment on target champion within 3 spaces. If the equipment was friendly, this champion also gains +2 SPD and +3 DMG for 5 turns.)
    but then again, how many units do we have that have shatter and still attacks?
    carrier squire + holy blade gets buffed up insane by this, its 14 base dmg unit now with a holy blade
    noticed this change on my Terraformer that suddenly did have 8SPD and i wondered wtf...

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah it's a bummer that we have disarm instead of UD shatter spell ...which I wonder if has been changed to give this effect. I imagine this is going to be most powerful in Brew/carouse situation... or possibly KF leash equip spam deck to shatter since those likely count as friendly

7. Hierokliff

Cant see any text changes on UD shatter, and cant really see how it should work, global buff or nearest friendly champ.
    Holy blade of valdac is def useful with this, champ with brew on, shatter itself, get a holy blade for fire attack + dmg buff. Writ of al'mara would also work with our champs that have no attacks but some dmg atleast, but you dont really want to shatter that after deployed :p maybe ethereal hammer, but cant remember if it was dmg based or fixed dmg, its probably just crap anyway still.
    its a bit sad both our axes are kinda meh...

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Should note that the new Disarm has to target a friendly champion. Targeting an equip you own on an enemy champion will not work.

I am also bummed that there are no Disarm/Dwarf champs worth running so that you can disarm a brew and get like +6 damage.

9. Hierokliff

Yeah not really, but high mason is doing that for 58 nora carouse + shatter, so testing him for the first time in my Pox history. he is very low on hp from start, just 40. but in my dwarf swarm then i hopefully survive long enough that i can use sermon, brew, standard so even he has 55hp. then 14dmg,8spd,55hp melee champ is worth 58 nora (in theory...)
    also ironfist collector did get more interesting.

havent got it to work yet, but maybe this can turn some spellspamming into equip instead

10. Hierokliff

Hard to not love the small dwarfs atm, sure they got sermon, battlemaster, commander, standard and macadamize,
    upload_2017-5-30_14-2-35.png
    or just the old deep miner lady with an ethereal hammer is kinda meh, but so cheap and if i dont need to shatter it ill get the nora back and she has done some dmg. while building the mines for ruin units, teleporting, omg the mobility now with how tunnel works? ill make tunnels every, everyturn with my 2 miners, the more mines, the more mobility everywhere on the map or more targets for my ruin champs.
    upload_2017-5-30_14-4-51.png

I def think this type of deck did get a huge upgrade with the shattering.