total n00b starting out with skeles come laugh at me

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by contemplation, May 17, 2017.

1. contemplation

contemplation New Member

just finished up the tutorials and a bunch of pvps and I rushed to build a skele deck
    with the runes that i found and some that I built here's what I have:
    2x Utterdark Voidhowler
    2x Broken Bones
    2x Tomb Lord
    2x Crossbone
    2x Skeletal Berserker
    1x Boneshredder
    1x Crawling Corpse
    1x Boneguard Infantry
    1x Bonemauler
    1x Grekin
    1x Skeletal Reaper
    1x Toll Taker-
    2x Snuff
    1x Dark Rising
    1x Hungry Dead
    1x Necroweave
    1x Repurpose-
    2x Graveyard
    1x Altar of Bones
    1x Bone Mine-
    2x Bone Circle Staff
    1x Fleshsewn Helm

I am completely lost and shard-poor. Got any decent common and uncommon runes that could help this?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

After work today ill put up a trade giving you a bunch of spares. About 10 hours From now

contemplation likes this.
  3. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

2x tomb lords are autoincludes in skeles

4. contemplation

contemplation New Member

How bout non-champion runes? What are some go-to FW spells, equips and relics to consider?

5. 5amb0

essence drain is solid for tough champs. wake the dead x2 is good. mobilization can be run for a solid powerturn. soul reaver and bone circle staff are 2 solid equips, along with cloak of skulls

6. contemplation

contemplation New Member

wow thanks man
    why is everyone around here so nice?

7. 5amb0

none of your business

8. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

I personally cant imagine a FW bg without absorb magic or ancients protection.

No skele deck is complete without bone mine, cloak of skulls and blackblade baron.

I know bone circle staff is popular since it can clear enemy summons(Specifically stryg warlocks and the like that will swarm off your summons) and giving you yet another tool to turn your summons into more damage.

Im unsure if lerper and bone shredder are considering core runes but theyre in every single skeleton bg ive ever seen so id assume so.

I dont really play skele's but i see those runes often and for good reason.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  9. themacca

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Because we are a bit older then the average teenage gamer out there? oh just talking for myself...

11. DukeofDunks

With the ps4 release thats likely to change.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I find skeleton absolute must auto include to be 2x blackboard baron, 2x tonblord, 1x xulous.

Of the others,and I think skeletal excavator, boneshredder, dark rising are the most important.

I personally ran 2x tome of hate, 2x elsari bazaar, a skeleton bezerker. It's strong, but really hard to use if you aren't making the most of ap to begin with. Also 1x dead zone voodoo can win games.

I run 2x graveyard, 1x bone circle, 1x bone cloak, 1x bone circle staff, 1x bone mine, 1x sac altar.

Equipment in general is bad, but do not play equipment vs ***UD, SL***, and* IF, SP*. The others can still counter it, but it is a little harder.

Don't play more than 2 relics vs SL, ST. Don't play more than two relics in fonts (besides bone mine) vs FS. Don't group relics together due to easy aoe relic damage vs SP, SL, UD, FS.

Just check the topics I made to help supplement. In particular pay attention to complaints that don't make sense to you, since the meta has changed a lot, and you are most likely face these problems if you are beginning and don't understand the meta.

13. DiCEM0nEY

Also, utterdark void howler is garbage imo, because his interaction with sacrificial altar does not work properly / well.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

lol

15. DukeofDunks

Im also unsure how much use youre going to get out of repurpose. Skeleton bg's focus pretty heavily on summons, which you cant repurpose.

Though i suppose with augment creation and banner/boost. You can get a cheap and easy 5 damage 10 health off graveyard. Dont forget to run your bezerkers at 29 nora

contemplation and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  16. contemplation

contemplation New Member

Just got my deck updated by some kind people and developers and here's how it looks now:
    -1x Blackblade Baron (may get 1 more)
    1x Boneguard Infantry
    2x Boneshredder
    2x Bone Excavator
    1x Broken Bones
    2x Skeletal Reaper (not very useful so far)
    1x Toll Taker
    1x Skeletal Emissary
    1x Crossbone
    2x Tomb Lords
    1x Tormented Priest
    1x Xulosz
    2x Utterdark Fadewisp
    -2x Dark RIsing
    1x Essence Drain
    1x Hungry ded
    1x Soulreave
    -1x Altar of bones
    1x Graveyard
    1x Sac altar
    1x UNholy tomb
    -1xBone Circle Staff
    2x Cloak of skulls
    1x Soul Reaver

maybe switch altar of bones for another sac altar. I've still no idea how to play this game and I would apreciate if anyone could indicate even basic strategies for things like font contesting, positioning, deployment, defending, i donknow

17. themacca

Generally for font contesting, if you drop a Bone mine in mid font people might very well leave it alone all damn game cause theyre afraid of the damage and meat that will follow those 4 summons. Thanks to skeleforms unleash and barons vivify+surge having just a few extra summons even if theyre extremely weak can lead to tons of extra damage. which thanks to the barons will lead to more summons and its just a huge snowball. Skeletal lerper is a flying shadowspawn unit with great stats, fantastic for going off and capping side fonts and 1v1ing a champ they might leave guarding there due to fear of being capped. Reapers should be run with Lifedrain aura and render by the way.

Anythign that will lead to extra summons or your tanks are your go-to first deploys, once u have enough meat to keep them safe Tomb Lords. spectral emissary is one of the fastest units in the game so he's great for rushing and with stun can harrass fonts amazingly.

DiCEM0nEY and Durand like this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

Game is mostly trial by fire. As far as resource management goes, you get 12 nora per font, and 45 per shrine. Player 1 starts with 105, player 2 125. Most FW players use 13 champion runes, to maximize the FW bonus (avg champion cost 73 for that model I believe.

The best strategy I find to actually win games with skeletons is to early cap fonts using things such as graveyard, elsari bazaar, dead zone voodoo, and dark rising, then deploy a cheap unit on a mid font and push. Keep deploying key units like bezerker, bone shredder, and black blade baron, and the opponent hopefully won't be able to recap the font, and you will win through efficency, shrine exertion / tome of hate combo and nora gen.

19. DiCEM0nEY

I only ran 2x sac altar when battle leader was really prevelant. The reason i like one now is because i usually use it for an immediate effect, and not so much as a long term game plan. Relics are too easily destroyed to be important in decks aside from immediate effects. I also think altar of bones isn't worth the slot, elsari bazaar 2x imo.

20. DiCEM0nEY

Spectral emmisary isn't worth the risk imo, but other stuff I agree with.