High-rank players complaining how terrible of a player I am in chat.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 14, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

I didn't know about the names. He started saying how bad I was when he thought he was winning at the beginning of the match. Like 5 minutes into it.

2. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Had some similar happen to me not too long ago

[​IMG]

I never got the point to Bane Shift talking but doubly so in a game like poxnora where the playerbase is so small that everyone recognizes each other. Why would you want to be known as "that one *******"

Etherielin and fogandsteel like this.
  3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Well I wouldn't take it personally :)

He gave out to me on multiple occasions. Point is people rage on pox and that's fine I think but if they rage quit they deserve a temporary ban on their account

fogandsteel likes this.
  4. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

See my signature.

fogandsteel and xaznsoulx like this.
  5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Feels like I missed out on some drama. :(

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Wut happened

fogandsteel likes this.
  7. fogandsteel

Lol. Nothing major. Some battlemaster with higher rank than mine was telling me all match what a terrible player I was (which could be true), then lost the match.

8. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Just wait til you play 12drakula

9. fogandsteel

I did couple days ago, but he wasn't mean or anything.

10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

But ur bad so it still applies amirite

SPiEkY and fogandsteel like this.
  11. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

The community here is rude as Firk , but man can they make some tough ass decks. Every time I see a split bg I know I'm about to experience some rage. These decks have the weirdest niches but they get the job done and it pisses me off, but hey what can you do ? Honestly don't get too torn up about it.... its the grind.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    fogandsteel likes this.
  12. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Actually, no it's not. It's just a game. You're not negotiating peace in the middle east. You're not fighting for the life of your child. Heck, you're not even trying to get Sony to honor a warranty agreement. You're playing a game with absolutely no relevance to your existence outside the context of fun and the challenge of the game itself.

Anyone who gets this worked up about Pox, or any other game, either lacks context of more serious issues in their lives or is projecting their frustration about outside issues onto the game. Player on the verge of rage should shut eyes, remove hands from keyboard, step outside and bask in the glow of the sun for a little while and remind themselves it is someone else's job to direct air traffic while they have the pleasure of wasting time on a game.

Direct attacks on other players in chat should be cause for a ban, and that policy should be enforced. Without diligent moderation of rude players, this sort of behavior becomes endemic, as has been noted above.

Of course, you >can< simply ignore chat, which is pretty much what I do. I'll take a peek if the chat bar is blinking, I'll even respond to a friendly 'hi', but I'm generally not interested in being chatty during a match. If the other player is taunting or getting rude, I simply ignore the chat window altogether and let the other player stew in their own bile without any satisfaction from me.

fogandsteel likes this.
  13. fogandsteel

Not everyone is rude, and I don't think we should ban players for "providing critical assessment of our playing ability".

14. nepyonisdead

People rage and thats fine is not meant as a free pass for poeple to rage, its meant for people to realise that ppl will always rage so dont get worked up on it.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  15. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Of course. Telling another player, "You Suck" can either be appropriate or inappropriate depending on the overall tone of the conversation.

Isn't it? Accepting that people rage and allowing that behavior without recrimination is effectively the same as condoning the behavior, ie, free pass.

Agree 100%. Worse thing you can do with a raging player is to get sucked into their ego trip. Pretending they don't exist is a pretty effective ego buster.

Hierokliff and nepyonisdead like this.
  16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I think that next patch raging should be heavily nerfed, maybe a +15 nora cost across the board? Then we can really get out of this rage-play meta and have some fun nice-control and nice-combo decks going on. Of course, this will open up a spot for trolling and smug bastards to increase their winrate but I think we can hold them off if we just tech in some common sense into our decks.

17. nepyonisdead

I think we should get 10 extra points from them as a rage bonus xD 20 if they are in the top 50 and 100 if it's tinydragon

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Tiny rages so infrequentely, but when he does its glorious. I could have taken some glorious screenshots over the years

19. nepyonisdead

Oh trust me :) I've seen the effects of facing ballers voil first hand.

And I have to say you more than earned ur "chief antagonist" title, first time I saw tiny talk Bane Shift in lobby I thought the man was hacked xD

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This.

nepyonisdead likes this.