Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Buff windfury

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

okay lifedrinker looks better. i am cool with consolidation into lifedrinker, thanks for explaining it.

3. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Its a zombie with immunity disease but not zombie apocalypse, baffling.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Snow Charger

Really cool looking champ

He really needs his U2 updated - to have another option at least. Maybe crazed or heavy charger.

5. Braxzee

Jakei Soul Painter is another really cool champ

Get rid of Take form, draw power and swap.

badgerale likes this.
  6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-5-17_17-59-36.png

- Interrogator just needs some cleaning up of abilities and if possible have some abilities that make her name make sense. She just doesnt give you value if deployed usually and if you played her you would be blown up either before or right after you got a pummel off and the declare upgrade line doesn't really synergize in IS. I'd streamline her into an anti-range champ..which IS and Barbs struggle with.

1) Drop shatter from base, Drop speed to 6

2) Add Bind and Impair vision on base. (I wanted to go Assault instead of Bind ...but with punish interaction seems OP...but bind at least feels semi-satisfying for punishing a ranged engage)

2) Upgrade line 1 : Pummel 1, Pummel 2, Pummel 3

3) Upgrade line 2 : Evasive 2 , Elusive leap

upload_2017-5-17_17-58-51.png

- This one is easier I think, boost beast...ok it can stay for those random IS/beast barb decks???. blessing of the fallen on a support feels bad...and just needs tweaks on the "grant" abilities.\

1) Change speed to 5 or give "ready" on base.

2) Change range to 3-4 (39 hps and range 1-2 is just not ever a realistic combination might as well make it passive)

3) Swap upgrade " grant: reflexes" to "grant: evasive"... barbs want to fight at melee granting evasive helps get them there.

4) Swap base "grant: mobility" with "grant : rage potion"...cuz reasons.

5) Remove blessing of the fallen. Great ability but maybe for a throw away champ not a support that needs to earn value over time, and I dont feel barbs benefit enough from this. Replace with literally anything else

Hierokliff likes this.
  7. Braxzee

He is fine other than the spell Snow Storm could do a bit more for a higher nora cost of course. The other idea is when SnowStorm is played then the hydras are revealed.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Cool Champs that are Inefficient:

fw players: all our champs.

voodoov and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  9. Durand

Durand Active Member

All Heroes and Split Heroes are cool. I might use them simply because of "cool-factor", but I try to evaluate their cost a bit in the following (just my opinions though).
    (Deck Limit of 1 should counter any possible cost-increase from being a Hero=Iron Will, imho)

Heroes and Split Heroes (cheapest cost, which is still reasonable enough):

Zeventrech the Last(127) Expensive and 2x2, but godlike if no counter (vulnerable to some spells) (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it great)
    Ash the Bandit Prince(120) Expensive, but amazing (champs that come with him are only "summons" though)
    Juya White-Eyes(97) Piercing shot is nice, but too high cost
    Valdac(96) Expensive, 2x2 and low dmg, but can summon Homunculus. Good support (+1dmg like all 2x2 and it's still low damage, but better)
    Maxxarek(95) Expensive, 2x2 and Stationary, but amazing if you can move it (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make america great again :)
    Menalaus(94) Expensive but amazing. Effectively speed 8 is OP
    Vindrax(94) Expensive and 2x2. Too high cost, unless Surge Dragon bg is viable (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it better)
    Azaren the Shepherd(93) 105 cost by default is way too expensive
    K'lzik(91) Expensive and 2x2, but awesome (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it great)
    Xulos, Undead Sage(91) Expensive but awesome. Fine as it is
    Grimlic(91) Expensive but awesome
    Serkan, Lich Master(90) Cool, but slightly too high cost
    Voil King Ruubgaal(90) Cool, but slightly too high cost
    Gekaal, High One(89) Awesome, but too high cost
    Bastion the Avenger(89) Slightly too high cost
    Bliss the Muse(88) Expensive and 2x2, but effectively speed 8
    Timothy the Vile(87) Cool, but might be too high cost
    Spirit of the Mountain(86) 2x2. Manifestation is a 2x2 summon with phys attack (+1dmg for the 2x2 manifestation might make it better)
    Tracker Gnark(86) Great in a Beast bg, but otherwise too high cost
    Shardseer Argol(86) Slightly too high cost
    Talgar Ironfist(86) Slightly costly but good
    Kartch, Finlord(85) Too high cost
    Mangleshell(85) Too high cost
    Princess Ctharia(85) Too high cost
    Warcaller Fiorn(85) 2x2. Effectively speed 7. OP like all Garu
    Moragen the Lost(84) Battle Hymn at level 3 is amazing, but too expensive if compared to Elven Bard in KF costing only 66
    Hraken the Bloodbow(84) Slightly too high cost
    Jek the Silver General(84) Slightly too high cost
    Mosharn the Barricade(83) 2x2 and too high default cost (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it better)
    Slick and Buzz(83) 2x2. Metamorphosis can be fun (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it better)
    De'lim(83) Fine as it is
    Lance Admiral Sceian(83) Fine as it is
    Magnus the Fallen(83) Fine as it is
    Jyx the Shadesworn(81) Fine as it is
    Zoalt, Sky Serpent(81) Fine as it is
    Klub the Devourer(81) Nice, but clumsy because 2x2 (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it great)
    Euan Ironfist(79) Awesome. Surge Enemy is OP (in any champion)
    Dirge, Moga Lord(78) Awesome in Moga-bg
    Kiergana(76) Cool long range Stitched. Fine as it is
    Tremir Craghide(75) Famous from campaigns. Fine as it is
    Vex(75) 2x2 Dragon. Surge Draksar(75) or Surge Enemy(80) (+1dmg like all 2x2 would make it great)
    Garin the Sharpfang(64) Fine as it is
    Matriarch Sarinda(52+Death Toll) Death Toll is too high "cost" (unless prepared, and maybe even then)

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Juya white eyes is viable or strong or op.

11. Durand

Durand Active Member

Ok and Declare Target is much better than I thought at first look.
    97 is still a lot, especially as I missed the fact that it is 2x2. But it might be worth it.

12. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

What?

13. Durand

Durand Active Member

Not sure if true, but I heard a rumor, that it's range got improved

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Fae enchantress has a very cool idea with fairy dust and summon prism, but its too fragile and expensive. But i really dont know how to solve it

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Was definitely buffed not that long ago (using expansions as a reference, not time - nothing has been buffed recently in terms of time).

78n for a great immunity, great ranged, pretty durable, good damage, magic beam is great in stitched and on a 2x2... Rune isn't that bad. Also, a great target for tome.

He has awkward upgrades, sure, but that's about it on the negatives.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

Draksar Forerunner

great potential to be a semi-annoying rune to have to deal with.

less annoying knowing it cost your opponent 65 nora (with pin down and spd)

Cinder405 likes this.
  17. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

UD LIST:

• Aspect of Oblivion as mentioned before in this thread is a bad-ass rune that became useless.

• Vothsair Ireguard has always been my favorite UD rune, but it's just not runnable in any competitive BG ( which is okay, it's not horrible either.)

• Deep Leviathan is a great looking unit, but I don't like the route it took being focused on cataclysm ( dare say i'd lose the ability all together and re-align him in a different direction)

• Animosity has a great cast animation, but it's rather outdated/weak by todays standards

18. DiCEM0nEY

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good list. I think you under value gekaal slightly, and some of the reasons aren't entirely accurate. For example, I find it hard to justify serkan, because keeping expensive things alive isn't a good strategy for fw, and supers are barely reliable.

Another example would be Timothy, who can't kill things himself for a zombie proc, so it's kind of a bug that might be a problem.

Very good list, I like the initiative.

Durand likes this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

champs not spells

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Serkan = bad

???

I think ireguard is fine as is. He has a job, and does that job well.