Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd echo spectral emissary as a cool unit that could use some love.

Otherwise Undead Magister is a trash package. I'm looking at you spell blockade 50 nora.
    Combine that with nonsensical anti synergy upgrades like resistance magical and spellswallower to say wat?

OriginalG1 and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

She is great, but with just an extra class for each faction that would fit just that faction....
    IS Pox Harbringer with Class: Archer, Paladin
    FW with class: Archer, Witch
    UD with class: Archer, Rogue (no idea really if any class works better, but fear her with a cloak of long knives)
    upload_2017-5-18_17-13-51.png

OriginalG1 and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

A buff harb post that isn't a troll. Well now i've seen everything.

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

well if you are going to buff harbs, I think the Firking owls need to be buffed. The FW one is SO bad.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Their all the same? How can one be bad and the other not?

6. DiCEM0nEY

They're*

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Ah, that clears things up for me now. Buff FW renovator, it's worse than all the rest.

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We don't do Bind anymore. It's been removed.

And huh, she had a -6 nora modifier.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

he's not very smart just ignore him.

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Circle Messenger:
    This rune is all over the place. When I see the messenger I think of a Font Capper/Font Harrassing Champion. But it's not that.

Instead it's a squishy champion with Support abilities.

Consider changing Relocate: Ally to Swap 3 . And changing the support abilities that cost AP with flavorful abilities like Trample, Quest:Runner etc.

Tireless Harvester

This champion is mostly good late game only. In the early stages of the game you can't take advantage of Harvest and because of Harvest your paying quite a bit for a champ that is most likely not gonna survive a font battle. If you are in late game with trees you are probably already winning and so deploying Tireless Harvester is not really a big deal but it will help seal the deal.

I suggest giving it -1 SPD to help it's Nora Cost and switching Evasive 1 in UG 1 to Nature's Connections for some Regen capabilities.

11. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

how about no.
    i'd rather we just bring back his grant take form and put restrictions on it so it doesn't end up breaking the game like before.
    ( people taking out graveyards and turning dem skeletons into an army of jyx the shadesworn's and other hyper expensive champs )

make it so units gotta cost 60 nora or above for grant take form to be given.
    make them gotta be real. ( think it had a real unit restriction before but maybe i could be wrong )
    and then put an internal timer cd of X on the rune so it can't be used the first couple of turns and also give the skill a cd of 10 or above.
    ( talking about grant take form here but take form could also receive the same internal cd timer treatment though it'd obviously be shorter would also be a stealth nerf to clayform.
    but i guess we could make him cheaper maybe?)

and if there are runes still breaking grant take form then just put pariah on said runes or make some new ability that prevents champ runes from changing forms and place it on the problematic runes.
    call it immutable form or fixed form, whichever one sounds nicer.
    i'd also probably place the above ability on runes that have split/replicate just to be on the safe side.
    or code it so that if you have replicate/split and similar skills you also get tackled with immutable/fixed form to be even safer.

now he can get back his signature skill and stop being a 100 nora copy of clayform.

and while we are at it we should also remove pariah from him.
    i no clue why after so long he still has that negative skill after grant take forms removal.
    or why he is so artificially over costed.
    or why he has 40 base health.
    he could have 0 dmg 1-10 health and his playstyle wouldn't change.
    i'm not even sure people want to play this rune for his stats or base skills.

if it were me i'd just remove all of his abilities and leave him with only grant take form/take form and leave him as a super fragile 80(just a random cost i came up with) nora rune whose only purpose is to copy and mimic enemy runes while being incredibly easy to kill so you'd try to keep him far away from the front lines.

so you could wait the x turns for take form to get off cooldown or wait even longer and risk it for the more powerful grant take form.
    infact that'd probably be a more interesting rune design then what he has going on for him right now.

he'd also be excellent chance for the devs to test out new negative abilities.
    i'd give him things like a new negative ability that makes him take 2x dmg from spells and non direct dmg so people would have to play extremely careful with him or risk instant death with his new low health pool.

just imagine a unit with like 1 health. ( probably won't be 1 health but you get the idea )
    who HAS an incredibly powerful ability going on BUT will die if he is even touched by a stray wind.
    would be an incredibly interesting champ design.
    and all of this i just came up with in like 15 minutes.
    and i'm sure their are way more creative people in here than me.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Firk Behemoth.

Remove Psy eater
    Add Hunter: Soultapped

It only makes sense.

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I try to, but its so hard :(

14. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Depends of course on synergy to her class :)
    some factions can use commander/battlemaster archers and get the Harbringer buffed also, while others cant and use special equipment etc
    she is cool, cant say i have anything cooler but never used because without synergy buffs/equips the other units are getting stronger and better just because she lacks class.

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Assault it is! she is a common so no need for some huge rework. But I'd just make her an anti-range champ with a way to mitigate or gap close vs ranged simple.

- As for -6 nora modifier, do you mean you didnt realize or she's technically efficient due to that? If the second then having a -10 nora modifier on a champ with a bad kit...might make it technically cost efficient but efficient in gameplay terms no. Like the old "rider" debate... it is one of the most efficient abilities in the game....but in gameplay it didn't always relate to the most efficient deploy choice.

16. DiCEM0nEY

Rider sucks because of faithless in part. The other reason being that bone elemental does everything he does but better.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah Im speaking of the rider ability itself but yeah same difference. You dont feel the efficiency even though its technically there

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Any chance High Warlock could get class: Witch? Technically warlocks are male witches anyway, perhaps add Elsari Coven on his second upgrade path, which has only 2 abilities. He would be a nice toy to play around with in a Witch BG

Kampel, Thbigchief and Hierokliff like this.
  19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

A little late to this party but Aspect of Life, Forest Giant, and Forest/Spring Dragon are cool champs that seem less than optimal.

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Seen my aspect of life suggestions?