Suggestions to help improve the Client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themacca, May 25, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Okay guys, in order to help out DoG a little, figured i'd make a thread to compile some things the community would like prioritized to get the game sorted. No doomsaying here please this thread is meant to be helpful if you want to complain there's plenty of other threads you can go to.

Qno2, Durand, aseryen and 1 other person like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

For me, there are 3 things that i'd like to be implemented fairly quickly to the client.

1. A hotkey for chat typing, enter will be just fine.

2. An option for adjusting champion movement speed. I imagine if i record a video having champions just reaching their destination in an instant will just look kind of silly.
    There is a choice here for presentation or quick non time wasting movements. Giving us a setting to adjust it will make it so each individual player can choose what he'd like to prioritize.

3. Removing the playstation buttons from the PC client. They just kinda bug me

Pipster and aseryen like this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

1. § - hotkey works in game, but not in lobby for me, for working hotkeys in the new client (http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/new-pox-nora-client-beta.26538/)
    2. think i saw some response that they had no choice to make the units move like they are doing.
    3. a coming future if i understood sokolov

Chat functions, pls make it log the chat or save atleast the last messages somehow, make it visible that we get new chats, make it visible if friends/guilds login/logoff or are online, remove combat spam that fills global chat in combat

5. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Priorities for me include:
    -Cross platform communication with PSN players. The communal aspect is key. One of the main reasons why people play this game is to talk to their friends. If there is no way for veterans to coach newer players than I'm afraid the player base will not grow. It's one of those canoe without a paddle scenarios.

-*Also regarding chat functions* It's quite tedious to click the chat box every time you want to talk. If you don't press enter and switch tabs, the text will automatically send. The blinking red notifications do not flash when people in your guild talk. Every message public or private disappear when you enter and leave games. Not being able to chat while in que also is a bother.

-As for in game play I'm not really bothered by the super speed the champions move in. If anything it saves time during turns. I remember running out of time trying to position all of my spiders/summons. Not being able to use hotkeys like A for attack bother me (extra clicks).

-Lobby and guild lists were beautiful to look at. Not only do you get to see everyone's ranks, you got to show off your own if you were BM. The ranks right now show everyone as standard 1 when their games are featured. Although your personal rank is featured on the side, it's inconsistent. Also, the current ratings and the guild name do not show up when you hover over their icon.

-*crazy thought* Make shards and gold trade-able. Would mix up the trade game and not have a single monopolistic trade store deeming a rune's worth.

-Bring back naming and taunt tokens. Bring back the hipster vibe of the game.

-Reward decade long veterans with better incentives/we deserve better.

-Make a feature where you can switch accounts without logging out/in

-Easier Forge/Shard system

Gnomes and Regulate like this.
  6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Figure out how to play via MAC

7. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Enemy champ targeting
    Panning
    Non-basic skill targeting
    Off-targeting a champ
    Delayed sounds

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

1. Visual effects: Things like DoT's, Impervious etc, don't even have a visual on the champ, so it can be misleading if you're not looking at the champs info.
    2. Visual effects again: Things like bombs, sand storms, desecrate the earth show in the completely wrong part of the map from where it's occurring.
    3. Chat: While in lobby pressing enter to start typing as opposed to Enter = Que. Also changing lobby clearing chat and global chat displaying who's turn has begun while in game.
    4. Online player list for guild chat: While I quite like not being able to see who is in lobby (as it makes que dodging harder), it would be nice to see which or your guildies are online to talk too without /who.
    5. Fix mod commands: We can't mute people and theres one person in particular who will be loving this when he realizes so.

Edit: Oh and to make it so it's not displaying everyone in game as Standard 5

Durand likes this.
  9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

For old players:

0. A simple combobox for bg selection right in the lobby instead of current nonsense, at least same as it was
    1. Same for the lobby sidebar
    2. Same for faction/rank icons in lobby
    3. Same for going back to lobby (instead of main menu) after leaving a match
    4. Same for spectator chat

For new players:

Replace mainmenu with fullscreen deckbuilder, 2 huge nav icons - "quickplay here" and "grind runz here" (everything else nested/expandable), fill loading screens and whatever else with hints explaining basics.

For PS players:

Hire at least slightly competent designer and redesign that crap completely (though I don't understand how it's supposed to work without chat and trading at all, maybe unusability is intentional).

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see the ap counter and equip indicator move back to their previous positions at the top right of the rune portrait.

Where they are now they are harder to see against the rune art, and are harder to look at because they are in the corner of the screen.

poxrooster likes this.
  11. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Mac access is top priority from my vantage point. Only then could I offer any other input.

aseryen and Fentum like this.
  12. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Also why is there no FQ option?

13. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I did get the answer 'not done yet...' so i guess its on the way :)

14. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Priority #1 has to be to stop the locking up of champs that happens to many players during their games!

It is so frustrating to play a game and not be able to move any of your champs. You just watch as your timer runs out. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

15. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

make sure you compile this into that list. = honest and constructive criticism.

16. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Top priority is to give options for players to have rather than having them decided for us players.

If there's a tile made with controller icons, there should be one made without those icons. Anything designed for the controller needs to be made large for the mouse and keyboard so navigating is less of a Easter egg hunt/chore.

Hotkeys for the PSN community seems to work fine on the Steam controller, RS(3) needs to untoggle filters...if a hotkey opens a display it needs to be able to close it...give mouse and keyboard the "at your fingertips" feel that controllers have for jumping around title screens.

The Deck Manager bugging out needs to be fix sooner rather than later...once the PSN community can start editing their decks they will need a working manager...expecting they use the website is not going to fly

17. Durand

Durand Active Member

After stability, my TOP 5 priorities would be:

TOP 4 in this list:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/bugs-found-today.26979/
    1. LEFT-CLICKING A RUNE IN RUNEDOCK (->displayed) (instead of needing to hold and drag it for the same effect)
    2. Water and other terrain shouldn't override highlighting when terrain is shown
    3. Always clear previous targeting, when user clicks anything (this fixes a lot)
    4. Reduce the zooming effect in large screen resolutions, so that we can see more of the playing area without scrolling.

and
    5. Add a list of user's currently online. Simple visual list as a high prio. Ranks, selecting and interacting next.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    aseryen and MogaBait like this.
  18. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Not sure if someone said it already but bg building filters are a bit problematic, how about they start out cleared? or at best recent option?

aseryen and Thbigchief like this.
  19. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

How are they problematic? If they are all unchecked by default, you will see no runes when you first edit a BG, thus forcing you to open the filter every time.

There are toggle buttons at the bottom that make filtering quick and easy. Rather than unchecking everything you don't want to see, simply uncheck what you DO want to see, then hit the toggle button.

In one very significant way the new Deck Manager is a big improvement; the ability to filter for multiple items within a category. With the old deck manager you could only view one expansion, one race, one class and/or one rarity at a time. With the new expansion you can have multiple variables within a category active at once, so it's possible to filter for all Dragon & Demon, Warrior, Brute & Ranger, Common & Uncommon, SL & UD, all in one search.

A ticky box to save the most recent selection would be a nice addition.

Hierokliff likes this.
  20. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

Some things that I feel can be improved:

Restore some of the aesthetic appeal found in the old client ie:
    1. clear indication of wether u are queued up or not.

2. Ability to see enemy rating by hovering over their icon ingame as well as the appropiate icon when they are in the lobby

3. Telling who is playing what faction each is playing. This is key to choose what to observe in order to improve and see different strats for your faction.

4. Visuals happening all over the place.

5. Chat looks like a mess both chat log and combat

6. Bring back the end screen with champ participartion and cp gained it was really satisfying

-----

Other

1. The cursor feels really inprecise and sometimes it is hard to get the tile you actually want

2. I find theres no button to completely deselect everything. Clicking empty space does nothing.

Thats all i can think of atm

Durand likes this.