UD Budget Meta

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by 4NIK8, Jan 26, 2017.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-1-26_12-10-41.png

@DBking11

Let me know if you need help with upgrades.

2. 4NIK8

As follow up to posting this bg, I decided to give it a shot and see if I could reach at least top 100. I know it is not an amazing feat or anything, but I just wanted to test the potential of the bg.

Since I started I decided to keep the bg with only 1 exotic (Grimlic) and 1 legendary (banner), even though I dropped like 5-6 exos and 4-5 legs and was able to build a whole different bg from scratch. With that said, I made a few modifications, like removing Shatter and Nefari Informant because I rarely played them. Included Imp Trickster (amazing font harasser and CC) and Split Personality (meh, still working on this slot but would probably swap it for Retribution if it weren’t a budget bg).

This is the result:
    upload_2017-2-15_12-53-49.png

As you can see, I managed to reach top 100 and with a decent w/l ratio. Again, I am not trying to brag or anything since I only faced a few top players. From this point on that w/l would drop significantly because it’s where the broken bgs (illusions, metas, etc) are played more frequently and by players more capable then me. In fact, most of my losses were due to extremely bad plays on my part, so I’m fairly certain that better players could pull it even further and with a better w/l ratio.

All of this just means that, even though it’s not top tier (top 20 worthy), the bg is fully capable of competing in a decent manner and is a great choice for beginners due to how easy it is to assemble and to play.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Nice work

4NIK8 and Tweek516 like this.
  4. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

I spend a lot of time to obtain Exotics and Legendaries Runes, but the strongest UD deck is made by shitty commons. There's something wrong in it.

5. 4NIK8

Don't get me wrong, this bg is pretty good but things like Doombringers, Chosen, Spellkaizer, Strangler, Tyrant, etc would definitely make it stronger.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

Could you show me an exotic and legendary improved deck?

7. juan alberto

juan alberto New Member

8. juan alberto

juan alberto New Member

please could you help me with the name of the runes bro?

Teardrop82 likes this.
  9. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

2x bok raider
    2x fire elemental
    1x grimlic
    2x minotaur culler
    1x minotaur stoker
    1x nefari informant
    2x pincushion
    2x rip demon
    2x siege monger

2x drain vitality
    1x fiery ambush
    1x fire blast
    1x mandate of sheoul
    2x mindslicer boomerang
    1x price of victory
    1x purefire
    2x sacrifice
    1x shatter

1x caliginous cauldron
    1x banner (mark of sheoul)
    1x orb of protection

10. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I wouldnt run orb of protection with 2x mind slicer boomerang, the orb reduces damage on each of your units hit and loses 2 hp per champion hit, it really doesnt make for an efficient pairing. I never really thought orb of protection was a must have in UD anyway. superiority could be an alternative as a pseudo detection.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Just take a scout for detection and utility