Zombie BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Woffleet, May 28, 2017.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-5-28_7-38-12.png

Currently having a lot of fun with this deck. If anything I guess it focuses more on the disease model and space control. I don't have a Zombie Rotwrapper. Any feedback or other BG's would be appreciated.

aseryen likes this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I would advise you to run at least 1 corpse pile. Provides a summon worth 56 nora. and will do 8 disease damage in auras if you drop it advacent to a champion.(the relic and the zombie) and if it survives it will create another 56 nora summon

3. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Im a firm believer no FW bg should go without absorb magic or ancients protection, Its not just that 90% of the time youre getting value for it nora wise but it can be literally gamewinning in that often your opponent will play his turn under the assumption that the spell will go off(I.E- Ironfist will put his big important bruiser right next to mairdreth so he can kill it with hammerstrike+Baneblast only, oh no. The spell fizzled and now theres a 10 hp mairdreth ready to doubletap his key unit)

In general i think you just have too many champions, You need room for stuff like essence drain or doom so you can deal with hard to kill units efficiently, soulreave since a large majority of the champions you play are physical, mobilization because its mobilization(truthfully im unsue of zombie bg's actually need to run the spell but it is pretty ubiquitous for FW) and as themacca said, corpse piles are very efficient, its a bit of spot damage in a bg thats sorely lacking it(Speaking of, anathema and hungry dead can both function as spot damage and are very useful)

Lacking coragh and rotwrappers is honestly hurting you a lot too. Both of those runes are genuinely disgusting

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't think focusing on disease amp is a good idea, since FW units are meant to die. Try including 2x black pearl, and some bladed corpses. Remove desecration in favor of anathema and decay. I prefer decay to skull of decay because relics are easy to kill.

5. Woffleet

upload_2017-5-28_12-23-10.png

New Build.

I have 1 rot wrapper now. What should I take out for the absorb magic? I think essence drain is a good include but i'm hesitant about doom or mobi because I feel that Zombies play a game of slow build up. You pretty much have to deploy or generate a champion in some way every turn to keep up with the minimum 5 zombies. Doom seems like a waste of nora because it doesn't help me actualy get a swarm and puts me behind in nora.

I agree disease amp is a bad idea. I guess I just really like descreation because its reliable. At 25 nora it comes back every 5 turns so I feel that i'm never deprieved of a spot damage source.

6. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Personally id nix a desecration but i just dislike the spell to be honest. You probably dont need two chuckers though they are pretty cost efficient. Dead fairy might be your bet since theyre extremely squishy and extremely expensive(relatively) and if youre running them with initative/reinforcement youre only ever going to deploy it when you can get immediate value off those abilities(which does happen but likely not twice in the same game when youre somehow floating 75+ nora playing a zombie every turn)

Doom is mostly for super champs, What exactly do you plan to do against an euan with 8+ defense with this bg? Thats very difficult to chip down though essence drain will likely do the job faster(personally im also not big on doom but people rave about it so i thought id mention it)

Keep in mind soulreave will actually eat through a lot of abilities, its not just for getting around resistances. Typically LoL ignores abilities that specify damage but abilities that function off "attacks" will still work.

Im a little surprised you removed risen moga, its dirt cheap and genuinely disgusting for the cost(Two(2!) ranged abilities on a 50 nora unit? Disgusting). Do some testing, see what works.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

in all honesty desecration is a really efficient spell. Factoring in all of zombies disease immunity, desecration if you ran x2 can auto kill majority of relics in the AOE and is a Range 5 10 damage AOE for 50 nora that doesnt hurt friendlies. That is actually incredibly good.

I dont think corpse collection is worth running though, even with its cheap price there needs to be a bunch of globes out for it to be in anyway effective.
    Oh and for the love of god get rid of bonecrusher, might actually be the worst champion in the game. Snuff is kind of ehhh too for me.

I would go
    -Bonecrusher +Risen Moga
    -Corpse Collection +Mobilization
    -Snuff +Essence Drain

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. Woffleet

Bonecrusher was buffed actually pretty okay now. I'm running power attack 3 and siege. Idea is he has good CC and solid damage potentianl though he is squishes.

9. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Mystic Atelier is pretty good with both Bag o Filth and Bone Circle Staff, those are my choice equips as with Pestilence.

Bag of Filth is pretty good on both enemy and allied units, I'd replace it for an x2 unit since Atlelier is another good contesting relic like banner but also gives that extra utility with Clone Matter. The CD of Clone Matter is almost always off CD once you can get a couple relic drops from Bag of Filth.

Bgs with a lot of units, summoned or not, strive with Clone Matter because the extra units that are in the front lines will get the equip from Clone Matter (based on positioning) which can then spend their AP laying relics from BoF. Your enemy will then either have to destroy the relics to take no dmg when advancing or be forced to target the equipped allied champion, whatever your opponent chooses plays into Clone Matter. This is why the CD of Clone Matter is almost always off CD.

Edit: There's also the extra stall that Mason's Spire provides which I like to gain from Lodestone Builder when playing IS/FW. Running Mystic Atelier and Mason's Spire starts to overrun the bg with Relics which starts to be less fun to play, not necessarily less powerful.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    voodoov likes this.
  10. Woffleet

cool play. Thanks. This def needs to be teseted out.

aseryen likes this.
  11. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

It's a general FW combo imo, well FW/X Clone Matter combo that is.

12. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

The problem i have right now with zombies is a dont have enough time to move them all in ps4, i know it sound stupid.

13. Durand

Durand Active Member

Sounds familiar. I had the same problem with a skeleton deck that tried to maximize them. Solution was not even trying to move all of them :)

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Feels good to know i was not the only one.

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

A lot more zombies have zombie apocalypse back. I have been dabbling with them myself

16. Woffleet

deck?

17. OriginalG1

upload_2017-5-30_20-33-33.png
    just trying stuff out, have not played this bg on ranked. Won more then a few custom matches with it but that means nothing. This is the dark favor 3 Xulos, the purple on is my tariff one. Always have been a big fan of Contained Thrall. I run Coragh Two-Heads with brain eater just because of possibilities. I would recommend black pearl for all zombie bg's because it provides surprising mobility. Boghopper Zombie is amazing against physical damage opponents and he is cheep, could be the zombie I need to get the swarm going. I have not played FW much in this map rotation in ranked though, I could be way off in my build. I run most champs with the cheapest build I can. I really use bone circle staff for that sacrifice of summon units, but the bonus hp is welcome.

18. Woffleet

Why Xulous, Mansions spire, and sacrificial dagger? Your spell line up seems pretty expensive how do you balance constant deploys with the high spell cost? I feel like this would just lead to your army being primary composed of swarmed festering corpse and other summons.

19. OriginalG1

Xulos is the new Serkan, mason spire because I want cheaper relics or need them to have more hp, sac dagger because you never know who or when you need someone to hang in a little bit longer. (Sac dagger used to be my default Morgan equipment) [Sac dagger and brain eater, not the worst combo] So many people expect zombies to come forward an expire, sac dagger changes that. Zombies have crazy low damage so 2x essence drain and xulos is there when I need 60 hp champ cut in half so I can one turn it. You would be correct in your assumption. I do not use spells much unless it is going to shift the momentum in a big way, I mainly just deploy champs. I am not the best FW player, even a mediocre FW is laughable with this map rotation, and I have never tried it in ranked. You asked so that is the zombie bg I have been testing lately. Dead magic voodoo and mason spire are my most flexible spots, I put them in there because I was filling space.

aseryen likes this.
  20. DemonicWiz

DemonicWiz The King of Potatoes

Yeah, I know that feeling.

But thanks everyone for the post. Going to rework my decks and see if I can zombie. .-.