Theme Overview: Barbarians

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Thbigchief, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Would you rather get ....

1. Dunk't by incite rage spam?

10.4%
  2. Rekt by Bastion shenanigans?

16.7%
  3. Outplayed by shirtless sex machines? ... that have a fun balanced theme

72.9%
  1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Yeah but you are a better player then me.
    Agreed on warchief inauguration, it is a very good spell, removed it now that i use 2 wild chieftain in my barbarian BG since they are kinda weak and die fast. But will put it back to test the interrogator for real and tell @Thbigchief that he was right and the new interrogator build is really good also... hmm :)

First attempt with interrogator is that i never got it to trigger assault in PvE not sure if AI rather stand still, then try moving, guess its a real good lockdown AI champ then. Got into melee once with her before she was killed.

2. Hierokliff

Aha you are tricky @Markoth or the Warchief Inauguration spell is buggy in the new client, i had no idea its stackable... do anyone know if the spell always been stackable and if that is WAI? he goes crazy fast, and not only Bastion... so ok dont change the clan abilities :)
    upload_2017-5-27_13-1-31.png

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It's been stackable as long as I have been using it but its never been a spell you can really spam. Once a champion has Blood clan it losses its efficiency to cast again on the same champion. I mainly used it on ranged champions for Rend 3 from 5-6 range and on Bastion because with Storm Clan he would get 10HP and 2 Damage. On any Storm clan champion however if they get Rend 3 and Aura 3 they will be doing 11 extra damage per turn or 15 before your next turn begins.

4. Hierokliff

Agreed its not efficient to throw it on someone that do have storm clan, and i tried other storm clan champs (fury of the storm and barbarian bolt), they are still not so good.
    Its Bastion and the new Wild chieftain that are really getting buffed up fast with this spell and where i feel it might be worth overusing the spell.
    I use a version of the Nora BG you posted, so i steal alot of nora, reduce champ costs etc so it feels like its almost free to give them this spell here and there mid/late game. depending on enemy, no point of doing it if they have to many spot removal spells :)

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  5. Hierokliff

In general i just use it one time, if a storm clan chief dies and that ability moves to the next barbarian, i try to hit it with the warchief inaguration spell asap though. +2dmg and +10max hp and rend3 is really powerful for 25nora. but yeah sure last game I kinda had the chance to run a 90hp Bastion, so i took it :)

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Not for the sum of it's parts though...just because it's a ton of stats due to the way Warchief Inaug works imo. +dam + hps

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah just get an interrogator in a side skirmish or first turn drop...and just engage a ranged champ isolated. And watch your opponent flame you... the ability interaction gives limited counterplay options

8. Hierokliff

hmm she looks good in theory, but i fail to use her so removed her. Its just too much nora that goes down when i deploy her.
    (no flaming at all anymore, chat is really dead since it clears out every time you change window, and there is no flashing notice if you get a chat message either.)
    but overall i think FF IS Barbarians did get a huge buff in this patch, atleast iam crushing frogs and lizards and gained like 100pts rank today. Reduced healing even more, using grintmaw hymn + warchief inaug as heal spells instead deploying healer or casting desperate heal. (still feels like a bug that it can kept stacking +2dmg and +10hp max per spell...)

9. Hierokliff

My current deck if anyone wants to update it and make it better, it took a few skirmish games until i noticed omg i dont have Bastion in my deck anymore... So did put him back in, poor Bastion was shoeboxed! But thats how good the new Wild Chieftains are working (or how bad iam at this game really)
    upload_2017-5-29_11-43-49.png

its a noragen / ranged mix, i still have call to arms on 1 barbarian exemplar the other iam testing with commander, and banditry on 1 renegade and tariff on veilwalker.
    i used pitfighter but he really pisses me off when i use his extra attack and scirmisher aint triggered and he just dies so fast.
    this deck is not about surviving, its about getting wild chieftain out, and always make sure atleast 1 barbarian is alive and well to get storm clan when he dies.
    bastion is also using storm clan, so i run 3 storm clan units with this deck, and use the warchief inauguration to get blood clan also

what it lacks, AP gen, mobility, healing (not really needed)
    macadamize, warchief inauguration, commander is +7dmg together, so this outdamages most other decks in the game before MoV starts to give even more dmg.
    tried to fit barbarian commander, so maybe Bastion will lose his spot or the renegade or brutality barbarian, his extra +2dmg is really good.

oh just noticed 1 champion isnt counted... its 15 champions and not 14

10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Centaur Savage is the best ranged Barb and I think a lot of people are sleeping on it. Check it out.

11. Hierokliff

Yeah, but barb exemplars lowers all barbarians costs for each attack, so they are really great in my deck, used centar savage he is brutal, but atm i really cant control 2x2 units, guess its training but its pretty annoying to move them in the new client.
    if i didnt need so much detection so i use huntress i would use the centaur savage even if i got problems moving it. his 17/26dmg attacks with the buffs from the others are making him brutal