The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

So @PurpleTop How did you pick your targets? I'm curious as to your rationale.

2. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Grey was random. Dagda because he was pretty much the most town player in the game due to his claim and also a player that was likely to contribute. Those would be my guesses.

3. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am rather amused that I stopped KTC from killing himself.

Xinde likes this.
  4. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

So, how does everyone feel about a Shadows over Camelot game? It's got some powers that aren't the norm (It's kinda like King's Court or Murder in the Court), so newbies probably wouldn't fare too well in it, but I know we have some veteran mafia players who could figure it out.

5. Xinde

I'd prefer to get the newbies up to speed. Have a simple game, and then have a few vets where the focus is on having fun and teaching (looking at KTC here).

PurpleTop likes this.
  6. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Alright, so we want to run a normal game, ie something like 3 mafia (Lets say 2 Vanilla 1 Godfather for simplicity), a medic, a cop, a vigilante, and then a bunch of vanillas say 6-7 or so (Vanillas are good for newbies)? No flavor, nothing too special in terms of powers, and the only real quirk is the Godfather's stealth mode. Sound good?

7. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Good game everyone. Very interesting.

8. Xinde

That works, Regulate's suggestion was all Vanilla except a doc and a cop, but IMO that encourages the breaking strategy of "cop claim day 1, doc protect him from the shadows while town continuously votes for no kill until cop gets mafia read."

9. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Yeah, that would be one of the "Follow the Cop" games. Alright, well if this one is done I can go do a setup for the next one, unless someone else wants to GM it.

10. Xinde

I don't plan on playing in it, I rage too much. :p I want to mod a game idea I've been having, but I'll start working on it after this week, and plan to start it when I'm in China.

11. Xinde

@Loyaute if Gav didn't block KTC, would KTC have ripped his own face off?

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Oh, you are going to China? What for, business, school?

I'd actually prefer if the more veteran players kept out of the game this time since It would be a training game. No more than 3-4 vets, so that we can fit in about 10 newbies, and the experience gap isn't a huge issue.

13. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Xinde didn't read the story that I worked so hard on X_X

We didn't have faces after you all burned them off.

14. Xinde

I read most of it, then I stopped. :p

15. Xinde

@Gaiaix555 Going to China for a language program. 3 months in China, then back to school in US.

16. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i was hoping kt wouldn't be mafia because being afk for the entire game isn't really something i feel is, well, good for the mafia side really

also people really need to get over their fascination with power roles and role claims in general. the words you use and ideas you give are hugely more effective than 99% of the town roles i've seen. it's a team game, recognize how the team is most likely to win and play that way. don't focus on your own k/d/a

PurpleTop likes this.
  18. Xinde

4/2/0 blazeitnoscope lomo

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I want to play a Mafia game, and I´m a newbie at it myself, but from what I´ve read instead of acting as a new player in the game most of you just act as complete retards the majority of the time. Sad, but true.
    With that said, when the "Vets" start a new game I will probably jump in, unless the same weirdos try to play it, then I´m out.

20. Xinde

@Pedeguerra I'll try to keep that in mind and remind you after the newbie game finishes.