Client Freezing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is being reported sporadically but often without any information.

I am making this thread to collect information on this issue.

If you experience a client freeze, please answer the following questions:
    1. What were you doing in general? Were you in a match? In the lobby, etc.
    2. What were you doing right before the event? Did you select a champion? Did you click on something in the runedock?
    3. What resolution are you running in? Is it in full screen?
    4. Does it eventually unfreeze? If so, what happens?
    5. Is the music/sound effect still playing?
    6. Are all areas of the screen/game inaccessible? Can you hit ESC and get to the menu?
    7. New Question: If you reconnect after freezing, is the chat window gone?
    8. BEFORE YOU REOPEN THE CLIENT, please get the log from <install dir>\PoxNora\PoxNora_Data\output_log.txt and provide it to us.
    9. Brief computer specs and connection type.
    10. Anything else you can think of.

Also, if you can get a screenshot that'd be help as well.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

1. In a match, never happened in lobby. The experience is as if you lose connection and the client just hangs. If you attempt to move a champion, you don't see it move, but upon restarting the client and going back in the match, the champion has moved to the place you chose it to move to.

2. One time whilst attempting to attack in a ranked match using the number 1 key, second time in a pve game trying to scry with obelisk. It was literally deploy
    obelisk > scry > try to deploy another one right after but couldn't, that's the point where it froze, right before deploying the second obelisk. The game is still running as if it's working, but you can't do anything. Not move champs, no quitting, nothing responds.

3. No full screen, 1280x720

4. No, nothing happens. You have to restart client.

5. Yes.

6. You can hit the ESC button, try to quit the game, but it won't let you quit it. You can hit it as many times as you please but nothing happens.

7. Possibly due to making commands too fast. The example I gave with the obelisk happened really quick, so maybe doing things really quick makes the client
    freeze up.

Sorry have no screenshot, but when it happens again I'll make one

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

It just happened to me a number of times while streaming, i'll try to get you some highlights of it asap so you can see exactly what happened, seemed a bit random, definitely appears to be a client issue as the server still takes your commands and processes them, but you cannot see things happening (while your opponent does)

I didn't notice any specific trigger but i'll link the videos once I have them.

4. Sokolov

New Question: If you reconnect after freezing, is the chat window gone?

5. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Did the chat disappear for any of you after reconnecting from the freeze bug?

6. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

yep i've lost my chat window several times.
    i'd restart and just find it gone.
    didn't think too much about it since i rarely use in game chat.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

OK, the game seemed to freeze after I tried to use an ability on one of my champions. Teleport was the ability

Server was doing what I was inputting but my client wasn't showing it. Chat still appeared upon relogging, heres a short 2 minute clip showing you what happened @Sokolov @Senshu

Link

Edit: I run on fullscreen 720p

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

This is the same story that happens to me. One the frozen screen triggers it is more likely to freeze doing the same task. In my exsample using flame charge 2 or times triggers the frozen screen 80% of the time. All othe times seem to decently random. Yes, the match chat window is always gone when i reconnect. Global, combat log and guild are still there.

9. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

PS4 crashes count too?

10. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

The new client seems to really hate rapid inputs. I recently got a freeze from doing so and the pathing often borks itself if you dont wait a second and draw the path for every single unit otherwise theyll run backwards or whatever mad direction the client seems to think you want it to go in, regardless of whether or not your cursor is pointing in the opposite direction.

11. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i have tried to play 3 games since new client all 3 froze sometime during the match

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

PS4 crash:
    1. Pressed "square" to edit BG.
    2. Prior to this I was doing all the steps required that comes before pressing square (i.e. pressing square again). Just finished a game though.
    3. Error CE-38700-8

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

just happened once to me, but i also think its somehow related to fast commands.

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Happens almost every game for me.

screenshot from last one:
    upload_2017-6-3_22-52-10.png
    Timer kept going, the game did not react to any command.

1- Playing a Dayly with my goblin bg.
    2- I pressed "1" to basic attack the shrine and kill it. game stopped responding, timer kept going.
    3- 1600x? windowed.
    4- It never unfreezes.
    5- Nope. no sound.
    6- I can press ESC and the info menu appears for all the runes but cant quit the game.
    7- When i relog the game does not ask me to rejoin the game.
    8- The last 3/4 times the game froze when i was using the numbers for commands or reached 25+turns played in that match.

15. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

1- always in matches, all type of matches
    2- no idea
    3- default because it keeps reseting to that so i dont change
    4- never waited that long
    5- sounds yes, music i dont know i have it always muted
    6- ESC works, dragging down runes to view them works,
    7- yes in match chat is gone, and basic guild,bazaar and general shows only
    8- I think its a memory/hyperthreading problem, because if i run BOT games on forsaken waste and keep to a minimum amount of used champs (max 3-5 on the map) i dont get this so often.
    Yesterday when i had 4x4 deploy heroic quests i did freeze so often trying to get out 16champs before the game is over. and if it did freeze it was better to surrender then try to redo all requirements of deploying the champs again since it dont count if i did deploy before crash. still a feeling, not a fact :)
    If it has anything to do with it i can really understand skele, goblinplayers having a nightmare atm since they need alot of champs out.

16. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just happened again.

Can't even upload a screenshot of it. lol

Attached Files:

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Would it help to have a video of it? P much anyone with an invidia graphics card has shadowplay/share.

18. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

anyone with windows 10 can just hit the internal hotkey to record in windows10

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That one guy that just records everything at all times? Shadowplay records the last 5-20 mins at all times, deleting the older (if you don't press save) so you dont have to have record on at all times/manage a huge ass data file.

20. Sokolov

Does it ever happen on the opponent's turn?