Hello Fellow Pox Noobies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IceHippo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I've noticed that the Pox community is, to put it lightly, scarce of new players. So far in my 40ish games I've only ran into one player with less than 100 games played and most have well over 2000! If there are any other noobs out their introduce yourself, I'd love to know that I'm not alone struggling against an army of ruthless, though largely helpful, Pox veterans.

2. only

only Active Member

pm mmcnally/DO00OM in game.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

=> Redirected

=> => Double Redirected!

I hope that we don't scare off the new players, but feel free to drop into the Training Grounds if you have any questions whatsoever!

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

New players should start trickling in soon.
    And once the transistion period is over and DoG starts adverticing i hope you will have plenty of new players to have fun against :)

5. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I have fun against you vets :) Just not much winning. Though I feel this trial by fire should give me an edge when the player base expands once more!

6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

I am going to be pretty curious how you feel about the new public decks. I know I have been having some fun with them

7. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Hello! I haven't played the game in at least 2 years, so although I know the basics its practically a new game for me. My runes were stolen so I'm starting over from scratch. So, I'll be figuring it all out with you! I think there will be a lot of people giving it a 2nd chance once they hear about the changes, so we won't be getting our butts handed to us for too long hopefully. ;)

8. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I can't wait to check them out. My first priority is acquiring a couple runes for the FS/KF poison deck I've been building, but then I plan on spending pretty much all Saturday checking out the shiny new stuff!

I'm glad to meet you, hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield soon. Sorry to hear about the runes, I've only had mine for a few weeks but if I lost my Mireoaks or even those lovable Crazylegs I'd probably cry :(

On the brighter side, yesterday I played my 40th-ish match and I surprisingly played almost perfectly and despite having 4 filler runes until the trader's back I finally earned my first win against an exo opponent with over 50% win ratio so I feel my days of being defenseless are nigh over. Though, I was thumped in my next two, <begin excuses> although they were constructs and I was running poison... soo, I feel I was hard pressed to pull out a win in those :eek: <end excuses>

soulmilk likes this.
  9. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I had a pretty serious collection... a former irl friend guessed my login info and traded himself everything. Nothing SOE could do. :( I gave up playing cuz I didn't want to rebuy everything (and couldn't rebuy a lot of it) but the pre-made bgs, gold system and crafting system brought me back. Now I can have fun while slowly rebuilding, and have a chance at regaining my legendaries/limiteds!

My problem is I often surrender if I make a bone-headed play even when I might be able to come back if I hung in there. I'm gonna try not to do it this time around, but its a tough habit to break.

soulmilk likes this.