Silverclan Factory

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Woffleet, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-6-3_20-34-2.png

Idea is to design new type of unit that effectively acts as a structure. I want to discuss the possibility of runes like this because I feel that it opens up design space into a new category of runes.

Hierokliff likes this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

So whats the difference between this structure and a relic?
    It cant be that cheap with both summon crabs, young piledrivers, recharge. it should cost alot more considering how good those summons are and with a recharge. But i like the idea of summoning relic for IS instead of tinkerers making the crabs/piledrivers, maybe not this many abilities on the same rune though

Woffleet and Tweek516 like this.
  3. Woffleet

My thought was that relics are vulnerable. Instakil spells, abilities, and the bunch. Plus I like the idea of this structure really only being usable in a font or towards the back. Pretty much the idea of font powered without needing the actually font. I guess my vinsion for this relics was to be more like stationary defensive champs or extreme utilize pieces like the one I designed.

In terms of cost I was thinking this thing should have instability. To force the tinkers to constantly "work" in the factor IE healing it which artifically increase the cost rather high do to more resources being poued into keeping it operational.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

With the way you've got it built, I think the cost would be mid/upper 80s. Also, by making this a champion, it is able to be healed, repaired and masoned and is immune to anti relic stuff. Thats a serious boon.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Woffleet

true. Okay I think you guys have a fair point. If a champion is designed as a relic. It becomes far to cheap for its cost. That's why relics have so many vunerabilities to make up for there over efficency. How would you design this as a relic?

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

>20hp or resist phys or tough has to be the first thing to go onto an expensive relic.

Seism made so many relics unplayable.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I think seisms was necessary because relics are doing too much, but now relic design is going to be either sub 15 to reduce cost or over 20 to make it unseismable. All in all, siesm is another example of Soks failed vision, attacking the problem by creating another problem.

A factory could have more HP, say 25. Then it could have summon crab and guarded: Construct or something thematic possibly even making it plop a summons on deploy. You'd have to cost it at 55-60 probably. If you wanted it to be 45 you could take it down to 20 HP and just summon crab.

8. Woffleet

You would run that? For 55 nora if all it did was summon crabs and have guarded construct?

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

cool idea. i would drop vitality creation, give it either super charge 1, death charge 1, or spell charge 1. Also for that nora cost it would need an ability where once it activates an ability, all the other abilities go onto cool down. Or give it less hp, healing deficiency, pariha, and when it summons a unit it losses hp