Current BGs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

IS is rare atm, think its one still playing it in rank top 100

dont think dwarf deck has changed in the last few years
    its slow, boring, & weak but if you are stubborn and like longterm games it can work out great later.
    pretty sure you cant win with dwarf decks, but stay calm let your enemy make misstakes and they lose the game.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I've spotted a fair few IS players up top. Not the top dog at the moment no, but I you are definitely underestimating it.

Dwarf decks are also not weak by any means. Filled with solid champs and a cool and fairly strong racial. Barbs are probably stronger, but you could definitely play dwarves to top 50 or higher.

3. Hierokliff

Good luck let me know if you succeed with it, i know i cant do that, i could probably reach top500 with FF IS dwarfs if i dont stop play first because they are so limited in playstyle.
    only FF IS dwarf player i know that still play rank is concealedweapon and he is at around top300

no i think FF IS dwarf are maybe around 30ish when it comes to FF themes in the game, and then all splits...
    but hmm put up a FF IS deck that you think are top50 material and ill try pvp games with it and hope iam so wrong.

4. Hierokliff

5. Hierokliff

Hmm if I was incredibly lucky or if they did start to play strange decks i dont know, but after my last 2 wins i think your right, beating top50 players with FF IS dwarfs is possible, now i just need to stop lose against the others and climb up in the ladder.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-6-20_0-4-23.png
    trying out a ff IS knock back bg, really wanted to try to make the most of the ethereal hammer maniacs and i figured barricade could set up some gruesome combo's. I probally will not try this on ranked. I will probably drop something for a second barricade

edit: it is firking dumb, nvm.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. Hierokliff

If you are looking for an IS knockback deck, you should try out Amber Wing, 67nora for a flying sweeper is very nice. Euans hammer isnt working yet sadly. open the earth, terraformers are very nice combined with eroding winds.
    secluded shrine is also very interesting with knockbacks, if they die you heal, if it gets destroyed they get debuffed, so would def use 1-2 of those and 1-2 nora mines as knockback targets, each turn a noramine lasts is a great turn.
    the magnetic rover so you get all flyings grounded, groble bombartments and grintmaw hymns

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

I'm still playing the same drunk bg for past few years jus little tweaks here and there

Attached Files:

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think ironfist bgs just play a little too slow for today's meta game, dwarves, structs, grints, barbs and even paladins require a bit of scaling before they are dangerous. Most of those themes require a bit of a setup to get going, ironfist used to be great with its powerful buffing spells, they were all mostly nerfed and now all the themes play slow and require many champs to be out to be strong.

I recently tried dwarves, and brews and was fairly unsuccessful with both, yet I can hop in with fw and win fairly easily, I think most ironfist units aren't as cost effective anymore compared to other factions.

Ironfist used to be loaded with tanks, now even forglar has things like dark marsh enforcer floating around and I'm not gonna get into sl or sp. Ironfist also doesn't have any core strengths anymore, forglar has Nora gain and so does sp, kthir still has speed, fw has a Bane Shift ton of quick kill options, savage tundra has health, sl tankiness, and ud damage.

I guess my question is what does ironfist really excel at now, it does many things well but not really anything great.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yes I am really advocating for barbarians to be an aggro style of gameplay sorely missing. Sok seems to be one board but it's not an easy fix without breaking too far from faction identity. IS/UD and IS/KF barbs were almost a thing which coulda worked but then they fizzled are were left unfinished.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

In your opinion what do you think is ironfists biggest strength ? I would like to see barbs more aggressive also, however I want them to keep some of those tanks also.

12. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

I can't see the image :s i made a free photobucket account and nothing :(