New League Idea

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Discussion' started by aZaX69, Jun 7, 2017.

1. aZaX69

aZaX69 I need me some PIE!

Now that the free training decks are available to all , it would be interesting to have a league where only those fixed decks were available for use, would remove any advantage from custom builds and provide a more level playing field for those starting out...

fogandsteel likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i don't like that very much 'cause its limited and this game is all about wide possibilities. we need a draft mode, but we have to be a little more patient for that

3. aZaX69

It's in addition to the current ranked system, not a substitute for it, and would just add another option to play against "Stock" decks, solving some of the problems with the current player matching in ranked games. I would think of it more as balanced rather than limited...

fogandsteel likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the point is that it would be a mode played only by new players, and i wouldn't accomply anything good for them. What new players need is:
    1. get better at the game in skills
    2. learn as many runes as possible

playing just vs new players doesnt improve your skill at all, it even make you learn a wrong way to approach the game, and playing always with same pool of runes doesnt allow you to learn new runes. thats why i say we need a draft mode as soon as possible, also to get new players improve playing it.

5. aZaX69

It's not just for new players, unskilled or otherwise, what exactly is this draft mode you propose?

fogandsteel likes this.
  6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I like that idea, shouldnt take many hours to create the database, fix some option under custom games to have it free deck combat and then some ranking system ie, and then put up some info on the website. fix the FW deck so its correct and not FW+SP runes first.
    I vote it for to be added for a todo-list for 2018+

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you enter this mode, you get lets say 40 runes and with them you make a 30 runes bg, and play with them in a special queue just for draft-made bgs. after, lets say, 5 matches, you lose the bg but you can queue again with another. like in heartstone's arena.

8. aZaX69

I would hope it to be a relatively simple operation as the main down side I can see is that it doesnt add value in regards to monetization, there is no demand for new runes from packs or trading...

fogandsteel likes this.
  9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

think its a good idea, but first get the client in shape, then expansion, then more bugfixes, then add new cool league/drafts/arena/brawl when the game gets some more players when its competative, so in 2018 or so

10. aZaX69

I havent played HS much but I like this idea also, although if the pool of 40 runes is random it would need to be further sorted into types (beaters,ranged,support etc.) or you might well get unlucky and have to make the best from really bad runes.

fogandsteel likes this.
  11. aZaX69

Yeah totally agree, was just putting it out there as something I would like to see in the future.

fogandsteel likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This was available in the old client with "Public Decks."

Virtually unused.

The problem with the Public Decks idea is that it didn't lead players into deckbuilding precisely because they were fixed decks.

The new decks are editable.

13. aZaX69

fogandsteel likes this.