You are inexplicably transported to another world

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Jun 7, 2017.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Everything within your immediate vicinity (i.e. about 1 meter away) is transported along with you.

How useful are your possessions? What is the first thing you do?

Note: The world you are in is your standard cliche magical/fantasy Middle-Ages world, and you arrive just outside a prosperous town.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have my dog, a couch, a table, a lamp, and my cell phone. Nothing is of use. My dog would run at the first sight of an animal to chase.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Fancy hydro thermal bottle with 40. ounces of water for holding water, my entire desk area with computer, German drinking cup would be good for trading to get some kind of bag. Computer I would also trade since hopefully it looks fancy enough, but might be a load to carry inside of town looking for any place to trade it at. change jar maybe the coins can get me something? Buck knife obviously for fights. Maybe my cell phone would have enough charge and I can play music to convince people i'm magical and make a few bucks that way assuming this place doesn't burn witches.

After initial trading trying to get clothing to fit in (since at this current point I only have jeans a t-shirt and flip flops near me) maybe try for any place taking in students so I can learn something maybe pretend i'm a foreigner from the west. Eventually either trying to get magical powers and work anywhere or Firk it, steal anything I can. Normal life until hopefully joining the local military in the area.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

omg no clothes with me

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

as with our naked scandinavian in the post above for me it would very much depend on when and where I am transported.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Does the radius go through walls? My back is to the wall that has a crap ton of tools mounted on the otherside. I think a chainsaw would do pretty well until it runs out of fuel.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Lighters, Bracelet, Wallet, Watch, Computer, Ibuprofen, Paracetomol, 2 Ecig's, card reader, cigs. I think I would survive pretty well, everyone would either be amazed or terrified at my futuristic contraptions. Hell I might even be hailed a god.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

2 E-cigs and normal cigs?

did you forget to write potential COPD or lung cancer and a cripling addiction to nicotine?

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Nah, didn't deem it necessary because it would be stating the obvious.

Geressen likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm in my car with some Chick-fil-A for me and the wife. So I can run over some mofos and eat.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If only stuff within 1 meter of you are transported, a lot of your car will be missing.

12. JazzMan1221

Radius is ~1 meter in all directions, regardless of impeding objects. Them tools is all yours. :)

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so you are telling me the first thing that happens to me once transported is that a large piece of concrete/ceiling is going to fall on my head and quite possibly kill me?

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Depends on if the objects within 1 meter must be fully within that distance. In my case last night, the couch would not have been transported, but the table would have been.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can you explain for a second how we are transported?

16. JazzMan1221

A transparent 4-dimensional hypersphere with a diameter of 1 meter expands around your immediate area, encapsulating your surroundings in a bubble of malleable space-time. After several moments (and perhaps some sci-fi whooshing sounds) it contracts into a singularity, reducing all enclosed information to a sub-atomic state which is then reconfigured into its prior arrangements instantly upon re-expansion of the sphere in the alternate universe.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

So this 1 meter sphere, is it 1 meter from the center of mass of the body, 1 meter from a specific point in the body, or 1 meter from any point of the body, in which case it would be less a sphere and more of a blob shaped somewhat like what the person was doing at the time?

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Followup question: if I was inexplicably transported how are you guys able to explain it?

*trap sprung*

Dagda likes this.
  19. Doobido

Doobido The King of Potatoes

magnets did it

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You first said "1 meter away" which means a radius of 1 meter, now you state diameter. Is there some shrinking aspect to this transfer or are you just spouting parameters willy nilly about this important and realistic topic?

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.