This is a Little Much....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IIReaperII, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Algorithm

Algorithm Well-Known Member

Don't count on it. Then the special snowflakes won't be special anymore. They'd rather let the game die completely than stop being a special snowflake.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you think Poxbox is bad than you obviously haven't used any of the stores in the past.

SPiEkY and Alfodur like this.
  3. IIReaperII

IIReaperII New Member

Okay, I guess this got kinda off topic now, guess a mod can delete/close this thread then. XP
    BTW, PB is the best store that has ever come to be. Remember PoxPortal? I don't.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I do. It was terrible by comparison and a boon compared to the PoxBrothers Store or what it was.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Pre-portal was even worse.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Hey, Ogre, Osmosisch, and Milanda all ran clean stores.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The other dozen stores, however...

8. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Putin looks pretty good when sat next to Stalin, too. Just sayin'.

The whole idea of "Pay me a percentage of your runes to trade" is stupid and shouldn't be put up with. Especially when that percentage is upwards to 20% or more. Considering how much this game costs already that's an absurd amount.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  9. Boozha

You don't seem to have much of an idea about capitalism ... because thats capitalism.

Also, Decondor charges 10%, always.

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, as others said, I warned multiple times far ahead and the reasons why. If you cannot comprehend the situation in it's total then I feel sorry for you because you make yourself mad out of nothing.

Also, my margin is indeed 10%(9%, because 1% goes to the ranked prize pool) most of the time, when a VIP(and there are quite a lot of them) trades it in it is 5% profit and when a VIP trades in a OOS(Give 5% more, since I hold back some runes that means the first 6 runes) rune I even lose credit on it due to the price pool.

Trust me, I could EASILY increase my margins to get more runes and be able to sell WAAAY more $$ wise, but I don't. Poxbox was and is always there to help the community, that it eventually became profitable was very very nice but even then everything I did try to do is make all runes available for everyone.

I am just wondering what action anyone would think I did in the the past (and current environment including real sharks selling for $$) that is unjustified or can point out to a pyramid scheme and pure selfishness. (And don't come with: "I think that you think" Assumptions.)

DarkJello, SPiEkY and Apostate like this.
  11. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeisha (IIRC her[?] name) ran a 1:1 store, which was quite similar to a rune pool given how relatively cheap and easy to use was, specially compared to most stores back then.

12. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

It is funny to me that you can justify taking people's credits "because I gave them notice." That doesn't make it honest, it just makes you the world's most polite thief. "Hey I'm going to rob you next week for $10. Just giving you advanced warning!" is still robbing someone.

How advanced was your notice anyway, a couple week? I sure didn't get an email or a poxmail.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

How about you check Sepulchres guide and make a budget deck!

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

You are either a troll or an idiot.
    He didnt rob anyone. He gave a LOOOOONG heads up on his homepage so people could cash out ALL their credit in advance.

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  15. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

This made me think you're either under-age or plainly dumb, ruling out the possibility of trolling. Why? Because is a common practice among financial business and similar ruled by a contract to made changes whenever required. However, they are obligated to announce with certain amount of time about said changes and give the option to let the customer walk away from said deal if the new clause doesn't benefit him. Heck, if you use any software and received an update, quite probably you have already experienced this.

The law allow the business to obtain and maintain profits. But it also protects the customers from falling to abusive deals. However, not even the best lawyer in the world can protect from sheer stupidity. Pox Box announced their intended changes, here and in the portal, iirc. Personally, I had the chance to trade away all the tickets as I suspected they would become less than worthless. If the business fulfil their part of the law, how about you?

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

17. Boozha

Aaaand thats an ignore. Troll.