Regarding Zeventrech

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themacca, Jun 29, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It's pretty glaringly obvious that the massive nora cost up front for a pretty powerful unit just isn't something that will ever work in most decks. so i was thinking what if there was a way to skewer his nora cost from being up front to optionally building him up over time. Im thinking 4-5 different spells and an equip specific for him that would grant him shielded and impenetrable (so a simple ability cannot piss away his entire concept)

So i think it'd be a good idea to have his initial cost reduced to something more feasible and then have several spells that work specifically on zeven to grant him extremely powerful additional effects. Stuff like enlightened+spontaneous regeneration, pilgrimage just all that kind of stuff.

OR

my other idea is to make him a roughly 300 nora unit. but add more units with revere zeventrech so the more you deploy his followers the more his cost becomes reasonable. (30 nora off per revere unit is pretty good) so after u got like 6 revere units out on the board his cost would only be 120 which means that you'd be getting a unit significantly more powerful than 120 noras worth which could maybe make it a game winning deploy purely because of the incredible value you'd get out of it. As well as the buff all your revere units would recieve thanks to ally Tunda

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I do like this idea, but it does then mean he is vulnerable to purge effects (there are also aoe ones that bypass impenetrable).
    But yeh in general i support superchamp type units. Sounds fun.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would replace his abilities with one time activation abilities that grant him the abilities at a nora cost. That way you can summon him cheaper and prioritize which abilities you want.

4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I mean, I don't really see why we should put so much thought / time into making one single champion work.

How many people actually want a viable zeven, with his very specific gimmick?

I'd rather just leave him in the dumpster and move on to making new and better things

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Zeven's whole point is that he's a 150 nora memelord raid boss. You actually trying to override his design further?

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Love that second idea! that would be really cool! and flavorfull! as he gains more followors, he gets cheaper. that would work lore wise and be an extremely cool and new deck type!

7. themacca

no, the idea is for him to still require that kind of nora to be viable but it will be a backloaded cost and his strength will be dependent on using those buffs to make him into the raid boss.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What about having an ability that works like Leverage, except it only discounts Zeventrech, stacks and isn't turn restricted?

9. themacca

you mean, revere?

10. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Why not leave him as he is and give him Preordained to jack up his price. Then, every unit with Revere: Zev gives back a little nora on deploy.

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Cyclops Stormcaller has Revere Zeven and which discounts 10% and gives him Ally: ST.

You could run something like
    [​IMG]

Or just go for an ultra degenerate HPstack deck.

[​IMG]

edit: Just realized they removed Boost from Zeven. wtf mang
    edit: Actually, Cylops just lost it altogether. Seems they just gave Battlemaster to Chieftain instead.

soulmilk likes this.
  12. soulmilk

No. Revere is almost only useful if you are in a winning position and your revere champions stays alive.
    But I can see having 2 different abilities naming one champion being weird.

13. soulmilk

These look pretty fun to be honest. Need some practise using ST spells.

14. soulmilk

I have also been thinking.
    Zeventrech currently have no abilities referencing cyclops, neither do Stormcaller, so thinking of him only in a Cyclops deck might be too limited thinking.
    Would it be possible for an ST rune to get Revere:Zeventrech, since ST doesn't have any cyclops?

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Or just give him 1-7 range again. :)

16. themacca

But that would make him better than serkan dark bringer :(