Moga, How to improve it?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by sWeNibor, Jun 28, 2017.

1. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

So i have a few wins and a few losses with this, Wondering how it could be improved? Any tips, Advices?

Recent changes i did was take out the Ghern Thrower never deployed him and added one more Harpoon.

I might go too aggresive and battle for mid font instead of losing that and fighting in Nora disadvantage.

Attached Files:

2. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

this is the moga deck I run and its been pretty solid for me
    upload_2017-6-28_9-23-55.png

I love the thrower, deploy it every game. Its great to get a zealot deployed, be able to move it 9 spaaces and attack on the turn you drop it. No mika or slavers b/c i dont really support those runes. state of confusion is in there strictly to counter kento.

Your deck looks solid. Why do you run boom vendor? and why whirling quarry over g'hern rager?

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

All I can say is: culture contamination

But in general if your playing for wins then your go to combo is harpoon + moga trapper. I'll post my deck tommorow. Its a lot like tinys old BG.

4. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Tried it, and the sl split bonus is nice, and kanen are really strong eg, crone off the chain ranged (shielded & can be given staff of ascendance for impenetrable jolt and intensify) and you can use g'hern general to give her spot overseer2 and CC for pack leader). I've personally had better success with the bg i posted above

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

no, other way around.... giving all your moga the pack mentality and your ghern pack leader, so your ghern can attack from afar and then every engaged moga will all hit that champion. its like a 25 nora quickening
    Capture.PNG

also IMO slingers are pretty bad
    pretty expensive and aim is a horrible abillity.. how are you liking them?

miaufun likes this.
  6. sWeNibor

Mhm, Looks nice i have changed my deck to something i can post tomorrow i am at work.

Whirling Quarry because i really like his knockback stuff. And i dont like Rager that much i dont find thr value of him.

Mogs boom Vendor because i didnt really know what to add and i lacked magic dmg, but i think it is a solid unit especially in the new deck. Knock back and granting people death novas and see them explode is fun

In new deck i am going more for the harpoon trapper and such playstyle i still play a bit to aggressive and i mess up the pulls some times.

Cultural contamination i am totally checking out then one could perhaps do a more meta aproach with added Kanens.

My new deck is going for some Knockback focus and such. Running Cyclops eye belt, AWESOME on Moga Inferno 8 spaces away and they dont have solid positioning or one could help out with that with pull :D

My take on Slingers is that i rather go for a couple more spells/Relic equips than them.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ya, you want to leave the mid font if it will get your champs killed, moga are one of THE BEST late game comps in the game. they have pull into double trapper for spot 38 dmg, and then swarm with recruiters. also your ghern all get extreme dmg late, so definitly go for the late game and give up mid font if u need too

8. sWeNibor

upload_2017-6-30_9-29-59.png
    This is the current version I run. Yeah I run a Cyclops that throws Moga! Why not testing it out. Works pretty good so far I chuck and grant death nova.

Ghern Helm just spot Overseer haven't use it yet, will probably be removed perhaps to the relic that gives instead, then one have a a font contestor atleast.
    Moga Trigger I like and dislike really like the idea of eating traps and get dmg, Also he got detection. Which both trappers have too. But eat trap ability cost 4 AP. He does have surge Ghern so he is normally at like 12 dmg anyway.
    But I do believe having another Recruiter is better.

Peak tactics for boosting the long range inferno mostly. I have tested 2 but one shouldn't spell so much. Deploy more!!

The rest is self explanatory i believe but do hit me up if u got any Questions :) I like slam :)

After the weekend i will be testing out the spell culture contamination and perhaps mix in some Kanen in a moga deck. Like Lasher for drag so one could more easily set up for traps and such, Kanen Slipped is also such a good rune. And moga are many so unleash should be able to get some AP

Gnomes likes this.
  9. What's with everyone running 1x Savage boar??? Are Moga cannons sht now?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

11. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Moga used to be one of my favorite decks ever. Im assuming the old flood strat is bad now? I see a lack of the moga who spawn more moga and the statue.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I have hardly ever played Moga, but bucket head has always seemed a great buy with rend and damage aura—that’s a lot of passive damage output every turn. Sometimes I wonder whether I should try to find a way to put him in meta.

13. Voidtrain

Also if you are running Ghern helm, consider plopping it on Moga Aviator, so he can give your Ghern improve range as well

14. Voidtrain

Alright, just went back to my roots and played some Moga. If you guys aren't using Totem of the Muses, you're doing it wrong.

upload_2018-1-26_17-27-23.png

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Gnomes likes this.
  15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Same, I played one with em today.

Very fun, strength in numbers gives plus loads of hp