Desert Owl Steam Sale & Hotfix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Looks like the old image wasn't correctly replaced by the final image.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Senshu

A server patch has been deployed today to address more stability issues. There will be Client fixes coming in the future.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Ahh okay, yeah just letting you know so new players don't get confused trying to find the item.

4. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

I'm not pissin and moaning, but what is your definition of "in the future" you do understand the ambiguity of that phrase im guessing :)

5. Senshu

We appreciate you letting us know.

Now that Pox Nora is on consoles we need to keep the game clients synced between platforms. We can patch the PC/Mac for small stuff independently, but not if there are a lot of changes or if there are big changes. Anything that goes up on console needs to be fully tested because we need to make sure no new issues are introduced. Since we aren't able to have the same turn around time on console as the PC/Mac to get a patch live we need to be a bit more cautious. Due to the testing needs and turn around time it is far more efficient to wait until we have several fixes ready before we patch so we aren't losing development time to the patching process. As of recently we have been pushing out server patches because that is were some of the largest issues have been but also it is far more efficient in terms of time.

To loop back around to your statement. We want to make sure any client updates are substantive improvements. Due to the nature of some of these issues not being specific to client, server, or client & server until they are investigated by our programmers, we don't feel comfortable providing specific information about when to expect a patch because it is a moving target at the moment.

Hopefully with the June 30th patch the big issues with the server have been addressed so now we can focus on the client itself. The down side is that patches will be more spaced out, but they will also be larger in terms of the number of changes.

Ferehn, Etherielin and aZaX69 like this.