League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I don't play league much any more and I'm pretty mad at the number of icons i've missed at this point.

Morfeas likes this.
  2. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Thats pretty cool! i just had all the icons that were free or obtainable trough reading stuff in the lol site.

3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

... but why...

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Coz icons are cool

Morfeas likes this.
  5. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

hmm so my name on lol is EchoComplete. add me all pox homies. we can do some norms.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

So I met this guy who calls top lane "left lane" and bot lane "right lane" if he's on blue side. If he's on red side, then he calls top lane "right lane" and bot lane" left lane. His reasoning is that, from the perspective of the champions on the Rift (i.e. the first-person) "top lane" and "bottom lane" would mean the lanes are in the sky and underground respectively.

He's called them left and right for as long as I've known him, and refuses to change his mind. After hearing him talk about it for so long, I'm kinda starting to agree with him. I mean, we only call them top and bot lane because of what WE can see. Is it really correct for a being in a higher dimensional space to quantify their reality based solely on their own awareness? What about the other spatial dimensions we're unaware of?

Maybe we've got our entire system of mathematics wrong because of how limited our senses are. If there are beings existing in the 4th dimension, or 5th dimension, I'm sure they'd have different names for directions that we've never heard of. But just because we've never heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I guess in the top/left bot/right example, the Draven on screen has no knowledge of the 3rd spatial dimension, and therefore can't possibly assign a name like "bottom" to the lane he's played in.

I dunno, I just feel like this guy might be onto something here. What's your take on this? How do you see the Rift?

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

it seems more like a role playing situation for calling them from first person perspective.

I call it top and bottom due to the fact that's where 'I' am, and since i'm not the character in first person I will go off what I see for one because it's easier and for 2 so I wouldn't have to explain it when calling a spot.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i call it how i see it, because the flashing lights aren't their own being (that i'll recognize any time soon, at least)

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Made diamond 3 hype!

BurnPyro, XFurionsX and Sokolov like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think he is silly. Of course it's from OUR perspective, we are not the characters, we CONTROL the characters. There's a reason why almost everyone uses the same terms here, it's not really ambiguous. Even if he has some valid point, it doesn't matter because the biggest valid point here is convention - going against well established convention just makes it more difficult for people to understand you in a game where communication is important. I am not sure what you gain by being stubborn here.

Also keep in mind that not all languages/cultures do Left vs Right from the perspective of the person.

11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Cheesus christ, gj, i once heard a youtuber saying that getting into diamond and and master was way hard because people in that elo are probably youtubers or aspiring to be pro gamers, so good job!
    I once got to gold 5 and felt so proud, felt like a latin faker :D

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

d3 and up is where you'll start noticing real teamwide improvements on a consistent basis

everything below that, in NA at least, is much more of a slow progression from one rank to the next

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

People still play this meme of a game?

Saandro likes this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

not everybody is bad like you :///

Morfeas likes this.
  15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I owned y'all within weeks or a couple months of playing. I still remember Buuyo raging at some game he lost blaming it on me and challenging me to a top 1v1 with Wu only for that **** to suddenly start wondering out loud why "I couldn't just play like this every game" after I killed him 2 times. I improved so fast he didn't even have time to process the transitional period between him 2v1ing us with Amumu and getting Firking rekt 1v1. But the main problem with that game is that it's a team game and repetitive as hell so it was not worth my time anymore.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm pretty sure buuyo's never been above gold tho so i dunno if that's your best example

for reference, me/frond/patches all stay diamond. don't remember who else you'd know from the group that still plays

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, everyone was gold or plat when I started. I'm referring to my growth as a player. Don't care too much about that game nowadays but from my point of view, most of you were bad or not marginally better than me by the end of my LoL career. Vothsair was a baller though.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

from what i remember, you spammed aggro junglers and went for solocarrying in an elo without either good junglers or a remote hope of teamwork

and also flamed your team when you didn't remember to #muteentireteam

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I also learned to support, top and mid at plat. But yeah, any higher than that and it really boils down to teamwork, at which point it becomes a sport and therefore worthless for me as entertainment.

Y'all a bunch of dweebs basically.

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Pretty sure I was muted no less than 20 times as well.