Forest Lerper Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ItsQtotheT, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

Way too under-costed and broken damage with 8 speed, this champion should not be able to single-handedly carry the entire BG while boosting snake charmers heal in the background.

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Looks like someone just lost to something

MaruXV and Tweek516 like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Mebe it was the boosting snake charmers?

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It's undercosted, 100% agree.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont really have an issue with Lerper itself but dont think Startle should be giving the damage boost from destealthing itself. As it is, it is similar to Assassinate 1 but 7 nora cheaper. If the lerper double attacks out of stealth it can even outperform Assassinate.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It is easy for a 8 spd champ to double attack our of startle. You do not hear complaints about sleeping yeti which is built around startle. I do think it is time to maybe look at the costing of assassinate and not increasing the cost of startle. It just happens that lerper is in a very good environment to be very successful versus sleeping yeti.

I do feel (I have no real proof of it) that the stealth themes in Pox have been nerfed to be non-existent. I feel that way as I see very weak/support/summoner champs or champs susceptible to assassinate running to the front of battle with no detection support not being very afraid of a possible assassin or one being drawn out as these champs seem to be around in the 90's for nora and there are better options for 75 nora and less for a more reliable one turn kill options. (Like lerper) I would argue due to the assassinate AP/CD that is spent the actual damage output would be lower than say a champ similar to lerper that does not have to spend time on CD and allocate much AP to stealth to find the good timing to pounce.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Remember when I said it's going to be crazy and nobody lifted a finger? :p

8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

After looking at the title. Am I the only one that thought the Forest Lerper finally got toned down.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The Lerper needs a Cloak of Long Knives to get the best out of him. With the occasional brand of brutality...

11. DiCEM0nEY

does startle stack? rofl

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

13. Fentum

Doesn't stack but the shadow shift and automatic stealth after every attack works well.

Similar concept to Deep Elf Maneater with Deep Wounds to escalate damage.

14. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

Cool bg idea you should make it

15. Fentum

I have! Usually hits for around 50 damage.

Twice

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Startle is one of "those" abilities, which if taken from stat powerhouses to efficient champions, would be at the very least obnoxious (like Creativity). My suggestion is always to keep such abilities on the original champions as intended at creation, but given that's hardly ever possible I just hope the original champions don't get butchered as consequence of future nerfs.

Braxzee likes this.
  17. DiCEM0nEY

Huh

18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Lushi lives sleeping yeti, of which i believe this ability originated.

Either way I have no idea, lerper is played sleeping yeti is not, i think it's good it's seeing play

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

You got this 100% right. Champs through out Pox have been butchered in this manner. Another example herder was OP in zombies but not for beasts.
    Startle on lerper does not even make sense anyways, it should be on a bear or Garu or a Yeti and possibly a Dragon. KB is another ability that should not be thrown around either.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Startle was originally on an elf.

Karmavore likes this.