Other online strategy games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

What other interesting ones do play other than pox? 've been playing duelyst the past year, it's cool and all, especially aesthetically, but I guess I just need some new neuronal connections ^^
    The shorter and more complex the games are — the better.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ever played a total war game?

edit- not my vid, but here's in-game for the most recent (and first non-historical setting)

Etherielin likes this.
  3. Alakhami

Of course, although it's been a while since I touched 'em. Good idea.

4. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Guilty Gear.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I also play Gwent atm.

MaruXV likes this.
  6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

aow 3 isn't bad man ;)

Fentum likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

nice idea but a little too mathematic. after a while it gets a cold feeling

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Maybe it's because I play just enough to get my free keg per day but the patches have been frequent enough that I havnt found it stale. Inside the week I will be pushing into 3k+ elo so we will see if the meta stagnates enough to change my mind.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

faeria also is nice. terrain creation adds some nice strategy. but i don't like the trend of recent games. 5_10 min matches. immediate strategy, low variety and few long-plan tactics.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

for me it was a deeper problem. the game is nice, well made, but its completely not immersive. at the beginning you can choose what you like to play, but after a while playing it almost completely lost any immersion in the "background" of the game. the card could be blank with only numbers and it was the same. cold. a nice game but cold. (this is only from my point of view, i'm absolutely not saying its a bad game).

12. Alakhami

is it exactly the same as the gwent that was in the Witcher story?

13. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The only pvp strategy as complex as pox is Dominions, though it's quite an opposite of "short" - a decent game takes months to complete, but it's totally worth it at least once.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

third of my colonial marines have currently been eaten/killed by Xenomorphs controlled by my little brother. it's fine though I shot like 4 of them, my other little brother used his predators to kill another 5.

currently my littlest brother has 6 xenos, I have 5 marines and a power loader and my other lil bro has the 3 predators he started with.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I know it is not online but dammit those marines counted on me to get them out of there while they put their LIVES ON the LINE

anyways in the end my littlest bro achieved his objective with 3 models remaining, after I burned 2 with a flamethrower and another died fighting and killing a predator

so I kept my remaining 6 troops we decided not to go for second and third place ( which would have taken my collected remaining 2/3rd of forces through the predator area of the ship while my other brother's remaining (2/3 rds) of predators were busy collecting throphies from their kills.

16. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Eternal if you like card games has been a ton of fun.

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

what do you think of 8th ed? i really like the freedom in armycomp

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't know I do not play warham.

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

what were you playin then?

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]