Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

This season has been pretty garbage tier, my boys.

Saandro likes this.
  2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Posting this before episode 5. I hope to be proven wrong.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

no love for the firefight?

xaznsoulx likes this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Too many illogical or silly things happened in the last episode, killed the immersion for me.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i don't know that i agree. what illogical/silly things do you have in mind?

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Well, the Dothraki seemed to teleport across the continent to attack the grain train within seconds of her learning about it being there - if they could get there in time then surely the lanisters would have planned for it. The training fight between Arya and Brien(or whover you spell it) seemed silly as she is a small child blocking huge sword swings with her thin sword. And the way the mercenary guy who hangs out with Jamie dived to knock him off his horse seemed like both ridiculous Hollywood cliche and out of character for him.

Compare that to the battle of the bastards, which felt really claustrophobic and believably nasty (ok, john snow would have collapsed from exhaustion long before he did, but i'll let that slide).

I dunno, it feels like they need to shoehorn to much plot development into the episodes now to finish on time, and it is losing some focus. Maybe i'm being hypercritical though.

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The theme of the show has always been that sloppiness/loose ends will come back to haunt you. That theme has been thrown out the window in favour of everything's coming together so it's all badass all the time and let's not sweat over the details! This season has been fun, but any television show can be fun. If the price of that fun is thematic unity, the overall quality of the show is reduced.

19madfox95 likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Don't forget to account for the lannisters taking the stores and the harvest, time has always been fluid and hard to follow for some watchers of this show hence teleporting Varys.

and Bronn I think is going through some growth, he said himself he is getting old and should be actually sell his sword and settle down somewhere. he wouldn't admit it but he started caring about more than just riches.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    19madfox95 likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

dragonstone, where the dothraki were stationed, is pretty close to king's landing. shortly before the attack, there's a report that all the gold has been safely transported through king's landing's gates. earlier on in the episode, it's mentioned (in the context of besieging king's landing) that there are still enough transports to move the dothraki to the mainland

it's a slight time skip, but they did set it up. also, it looked to me as though the dragon was leaving alone the carts of grain that looked like something you might jump into in assassin's creed, and burning everything else. also mentioned earlier in the episode, dany had no way to feed her people.

arya's spar with brienne was a bit odd looking, but the idea as i saw it was less her blocking and more her diverting, which is a different thing. if she was blocking with her midget-ass sword, it would've been shattered pretty quick

as for bronn, he's been fairly faithful to the lannisters he's served, even when he's trying to get paid more. if you remember, tyrion in that scene was saying "don't do it, don't do it, Firking run you Firking numbskull", etc- the point of which was to show that someone who knew jaime very well knew what he would want to do. bronn should know jaime well enough, and he was already on the battlefield. it's less weird to me that he attempted to do it than that he succeeded

winter is coming/has come, but the reach is i guess far enough south they can still harvest? i dunno how that world is supposed to work

but also, he ded

10. davre

Was that Bronn? I thought it was that Sam's brother. It seemed like they have been trying to make him a somewhat important character.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

they don't show the face, but the hairline suggested bronn

12. davre

Yeah I just rewatched the clip and they telegraphed it a bit with the white horse. It is kind of out of character for him but maybe our little scoundrel's going through some character development.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i think the HBO writers *are* likely to push for a further simplification of the story towards everything falling into place, but i don't think that's a bad thing necessarily.

sansa x tyrion 4lyfe

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and the gloves

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

apparently there was still the last harvest, autumn was short.

16. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

It's not even the logistics or the physical logic (Even though it is pretty stupid how Dragonstone and KL are right next to each other, and they decide to attack Casterly rock which is all across the map). It's character logic and their interactions that's killing me. LF says something completely ******** to Jon, camera cuts to him as he grins as though he did something worthwile. Wow, what a mastermind. He doesn't even realize he is a dead man walking and runs out of WF. Tyrion's plans for why they need to attack CR and not KL is just dumb. Arya is a master swordsman that beats Brienne, while Brienne is two times bigger with a huge sword against Aryas needle. Bran says t oSansa she looked beautiful the night she got *****, as the first thing after they see each other in years? No emotion between these siblings at all. Nobody even mentions Rickon their brother who just got killed. It's like they aren't human. It's all just so dumb.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who?

18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Peter has been very underwhelming this season despite all the screentime he's been getting.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

do you mean Petyr Baelish (AKA Littlefinger) or Peter Dinklage/Tyrion?

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

baelish has been trying to figure out a way in. his power is at an all-series low at the moment. that's why he's Firking with arya, to try to get sansa back under his wing

Geressen likes this.