New cleanse for SP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by OriginalG1, Apr 1, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

"Soothing Mud Storm (Spell)" all friendly champions are cleansed and the space they occupy, and adjacent spaces, becomes mud for four turns.
    art: female mogas covered in mud. Visibiliy is low due to the storm.

"Cleansing Ooze (Spell)" all friendly champions are cleansed and the space they occupy, and adjacent spaces, becomes ooze for 4 turns. Grounds friendly champions.
    art: a refreshed looking cyclops smiling ear to ear, covered in ooze.

"Soothing Mud fountain (Relic)" This relic has mud spray, Target AoE 2, spaces within 5 spaces of this relics gets hit with cleansing mud spray. (Cleansing mud spray: champions in the area of effect are cleanses and the area of effect becomes mud for four turns)
    art: A hollow tree with mud dripping from it.

"Soothing Ooze fountain (Relic)"This relic has mud spray, Target AoE 2, spaces within 5 spaces of this relics get hit with cleansing ooze spray. (Cleansing ooze spray: champions in the area of effect are cleanses and the area of effect becomes ooze for four turns) Grounds friendly champions.
    art: a group of voil laying on the ground covered in ooze, a look of sheer ecstasy on their faces.

Stronger lighting storms with a chance of drowning. (Mud)
    Ooze grounds friendly champions for 4 turns.

0ryuk0, Gnomes, Vorian and 1 other person like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Forums aren't biased, but "thread users who need to be limited" gets to stay in GD xD

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. OriginalG1

really sp players, no comments?

4. DiCEM0nEY

New relic:

The resistance: ooze

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Bait and Switch and Armoured Fesh are our new best options to replace cleanse.

6. DiCEM0nEY

How about a spell, cleansing mud spray? Aoe 5 of course

SaintKiwi, Vorian and OriginalG1 like this.
  7. OriginalG1

really guys come on, no one is like ya, giving sp cleanse again is a good idea, not suggestions of your own, wtf.

8. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

yah give it ... what again , oh yah give it cleanse and better meta runes and while we on it fix moga please and solve cyclops problem with those maps (they always get their fat asses stuck somewhere) ...... what else, yah please stop nerfing the poor slags, they used to be stupid without the nerf an now the only one that have their slag abuility of 2 hp lose 2 hp heal once on thier mud is their king and no one else <,,,<

done do anything to hyaenids or electric please... they are the only ones left XD

what else is wrong with SP i wonder !!

ps.. the bold text can be neglected at all since i personally think i suck playing cyclops so it maybe better off leaving them as they are since they are really decent atm.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, and take away FW's as well.

10. DiCEM0nEY

Take away soul reaver, give new rune:

Metal Vibrating Rod:

Target unit occupying sand and shallow water is immediately cleansed, and become eviscerated 7.

11. IPhoenixl

i cant really see any problem in returning the damn relic that used to do cleanse aoe again .... i mean it wasnt op or anything .. it costs 50 nora which is pretty decent considering it cleanse every turn.

no one even uses cleansing emerald in FW or in KF ... NEVER seen anyone play it (means there are other and better alternatives to it in both those factions that have been switched to), so who was so smart thinking it was better off as FW/KF rune .....

just return that damn relic to SP so it can have place in anyone battle ground in the first place <,,<

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It isn't a FW rune...

13. IPhoenixl

oh thanks for the correction ( it is in fact a ST KF rune ) but my point still stands i never seen anyone uses it in both factions since it was changed from SP until now .....

so >..> what was the point... of snatching the only cleans source other than some, other runes that no one uses, from SP players

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The point was literally so that SP didn't have cleanse anymore. That was the point.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Fentum likes this.
  15. IPhoenixl

idk i dont find SP too good to do such as action that would basically affect all and every SP BG .... i literally had it running in all my SP bgs.

and it is not only me who thinks that SP is in a really big miss now ... u can test it yourself.

in all factions u got cleanse whether that factions was OP or not (atm) (except US)

IS: got about 3 equips cleanse and each even gives more advantages ( drunken-purifed + aoe curese and other- blessed) ++ Consecrate the Earth aoe spell for paladins but still count not forgetting the champs that can easily be deployed cuz they are good in support and got cleanse ..

KF: not sure about equips but there must be one <,,< ... cleansing emerald as the relic source of cleanse ... and aoe cleanse herbal antidote which is an amazing spell with 4 hp heal and 2 added Resistance to targets. ++some good champs that can cleanse too.

ST: cleansing emerald as the relic source of cleanse +++ the freaking cleansing storm which is without any freaking doubt enough by itself since it is global iwth 5 hp heal <,,,< aoe spell cleanse ... not forgetting some really useful runs for cleans like that Jakei Maiden o_O ...

FS: cleansing mist as spell aoe again and it gives heal althou it needs good timing it is still counts :).... Sacred Temple as relic althou it works for next turn but it can be useful ..some runes not sure about maybe are more idk

FW: soul reaver as equip and it is pretty good ... not sure if there is any other way other than champs ofc ... not really sure .

SL: Dragon God's Staff equip ... Purge as aoe cleanse and dispelled which is good by itself really , very useful spell.

UD: now for this faction it is been forever like this ... no cleanse source whatsoever which probably cuz of the aggressive play-style of this faction with no need to get too many runes to do something on the field .<<...<< this is my own perspective of why they didnt have one and probably wont .

there are maybe even more ways but i didn't really play all factions ..

on the other hand SP is freaking bad without it .... are u seriously trying to tell me that returning cleansing emerald to SP will really turn SP from the sorry state that it is in to a freaking OP wining machine ..... :confused:

16. IPhoenixl

having cleansing source was never an advantage or something special to a specific faction ..... all factions must have at least one or 2 just in case .

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I know, so did Sok.

The prot factions are generally expected to have Cleanse options. FS is the only one without spot cleanse. So, yes, these factions all have it.

No, FW doesn't have any other cleanse, and like I said, I don't think they should even have Soul Reaver.

Players (especially UD players) have made compelling arguments that, of all the Wrath factions, UD makes the most sense to have it, actually.

Yeah, SL does have a lot of Cleanse, not sure what to tell you about that one.

The reason that Cleansing Emerald was removed from SP -- and the reason that I want it to stay gone and for Soul Reaver to get the heck out of FW -- has nothing to do with faction power level, and so your quips and arguments about those things carry zero weight with me. Cleanse was removed from SP as a matter of faction identity and thematic appropriateness. It doesn't matter whether or not such things make a faction better or worse (although in this case I absolutely it makes every SP deck weaker) -- design comes first, balance after.

18. IPhoenixl

are u kidding me ,,,, if u want to apply this rule to a faction u dont do it for one only, u apply it to all .... make protection more about heal and cleanse and quality force and def runes since it sound right for general theme :confused::confused::confused:, and wrath factions freaking strong and tricky not weak and not about runes quality but quantity which is what supposedly the right thing if we to base factions and runes based on the theme ... but it is not since that is never the case .

Equality in injustice is justice ...... or whatever the quote says <,,<

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yup, the implementation of changes to control and direct faction identity has been sporadic and often secondary within Pox's several design regimes. I also have found it frustrating. I Sok is comparatively more sensitive to issues of faction identity, as you can see for example with the changes to active healing abilities. But especially because players often discuss game design within the framework of balance and distributive fairness, as you were doing earlier in this thread, the greens are bound to try to be receptive to players.

20. IPhoenixl

i actually find it very much more skill based like that since too many options are available and too many ways of tricking the other player .... if all factions were fairly open to almost close frame of spells and relics and equips ....

have u ever played a game called shadowverse .... this game is heavily based on theme and thematic ability distribution ( what u want pox to be ) and it is dam boring for that only reason, as u expect the same thing from the same faction player (theme player) ... try the game it is on steam , althou that game is a card game not like pox (lets face it there are no other games like pox XD ) althou to be completely fair it is number 2 card game after blizzard card game and make alot of money and with a freaking big player base .... but that was my personal opinion about it ... so take it or leave it ..

idk u maybe right about what u want and look forward for pox to be... who knows it maybe right, but for that to happen they must do a very boldly complete change of the overlay of poxnora factions and runes which could fail entirely, make the game survive a little longer (meh ) or become a complete success and since 2 out of those 3 options are bad not sure that the greens or any developer would do that really....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017