Patch Notes: Planar Disturbances Midterm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

So I just brought a pack, and got my lovely, lovely redheaded shitkicker.
    Buying a midterm and getting the one I want straight up has never happened to me.
    I feel it was meant to be.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If these are the only patch notes, the game just became worse by introducing a bunch of cash grab garbage into the market place / game, and too few changes to the actual fundamentals, which you have had time for over a year to figure out

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Players have been asking for new content for months. This isn't a cash grab, this is releasing what the players have been asking for.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Catch 22: damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. DiCEM0nEY

8 whole new runes, and changes to maybe 5 for over a year of waiting L O L

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The PS4 launch patch featured the majority of the changes from the wait due to the new client development. This was a few months ago so don't pretend like there were no balance changes for the last year:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/new-pox-nora-client-released-may-23rd.26962/

Since then, there has not been enough games/data to warrant significant changes.

Additionally, at this point, the fundamentals of a 10 year old game are unlikely to change, so don't expect that.

mortal ix, Woffleet, Tweek516 and 4 others like this.
  7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

I'm going to continue to play, and I already bought some of the midterm packs, but Sok please for the love of god let it be known to your fellow devs or whoever to just give us playerlists back or a chatroom or something. I think most people can look past any problems they may have if you just gave us a sense of community which has been lost since the removal of playerlists and buggy global. Pox is a great game and I'd be very sad to see it wither like this.

8. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

fixed for you

9. DiCEM0nEY

Don't expect that from you***

Sorry, but dota2 recieve plenty of changes, and is older than pox (from d1 to d2). My advice is to man up, and just do it, so I can pay more money.

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Dota 1 wasn't even a game, you can't seriously compare it with Pox.

SPiEkY, Etherielin and Teardrop82 like this.
  11. Sokolov

It's incredible how you continue to demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about:
    1. DOTA2 is a large project funded by a large corporation with functionally limitless resources to make a AAA version of a mod (DOTA) of an old RTS game
    2. "Man up" has nothing to do with it. You seem to think this game needs radical fundamental changes. If you were in charge of it, you can choose to devote resources to do so. But you are not.
    3. To that end, neither am I.
    In either case, a more radical departure from the current version of Pox would not an adjustment or patch to the current game. It'd be a new game, just like DOTA2 is a new game and wasn't just a patch on DOTA1.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Lushiris, Woffleet, SPiEkY and 5 others like this.
  12. Sokolov

I hear you. The client is the priority for me more than anything - unfortunately, there is not much I can personally do for it. But I can certainly make sure those in charge of allocating resources know how you feel. Note that @Senshu is also well aware of how you feel.

Lushiris, hfok, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

I won't even speak on the way dota1 was balanced, other than to say you are wrong.

In all honesty, I liked most of the changes, just that they weren't enough, and you personally said you would do more than what you delivered on.

Also, the FW bonus needs to be changed, which I wouldn't consider to be a "small" change. I honestly don't know why you don't make more changes, it doesn't seem like the majority of the player base likes the hands off approach. I'm pretty lenient in my critcism, I very rarely talk about the problems with the client, or things that are understandable.

I'm really just disappointed. Pox is a unique and great game, with growth potential and plenty of exposure. What originally drew me back into the game around a year ago was your commitment and willingness to tackle issues head on.

Your attitude lately has been pretty much "I'm fed up" which is exactly what will kill pox. Idk what changed, but pox needs a developer who is also a leader, not just working in the shadows, occasionally posting in off topic.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  14. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Why bother making big changes when the client itself is still bad and the population is so low? Big overhauls are more exciting when they shake up the meta, and right now no one is playing, so there is no real meta.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  15. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

starts up client.
    sets resolution and fullscreen.
    restarts client. still opens in standart window format.

Iam off. you are just incompetent and you know the game is dead for a while now. your just milking new and old/stupid players.

16. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

You are not the only fan or player of POX...Have you considered asking anyone in your faction how they feel about balance? or even others in general? To me from the start of the FW bonus it seems to be a pretty powerful ability for how the faction is played. I get that maybe the actual Nora cost may not be there to validate, but the actual value it gives to the faction is far more useful. The great players of the FW faction really make powerful uses of the reduction of CD on their runes.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

18. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

dont worry you will i got you man

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

FW hasn't been bad since 2008.

20. Sokolov

How can I be wrong about a subject to which I never discussed? I said NOTHING about DOTA1 balance.

You think so. I don't.

I make TONS of changes. Are you blind?

In fact, I have been trying to STOP making so many changes because of all the complaints about it being very difficult to keep up with the changes in this game. Many players have left because the game is never stable. I am trying to bring some stability into the game now that I have made so many of the crucial changes I wanted to make.

Just look at all the changes in these patch notes in the last couple of years:
    And these are just SOME of the bigger patch notes. There are many more hotfixes, small patches, and changes that sometimes never make it to a patch note (such as how every map has been updated at least once, if not twice or more).

The game has literally been massively overhauled - from Avatar adjustments, to map adjustments, to cost adjustments to almost every ability, ability consolidations, cost formulas adjustments, racial updates, upgrade path edits, adding classes to everything, race realignment.

The fact that you call my approach "hands off" is basically absurd and demonstrably false. I mean, how many developers speak so candidly/openly to their players and engage with them on so many subjects?

You post often and it is almost always complaining.

So what I am is I am fed up with YOU constantly talking like like you know what you are talking about and constantly complaining, while either making stuff up like calling my approach "hands off" or just flat out being wrong about the subjects you speak of. I am fed up with you acting like because I don't do everything you say that I am not doing anything.

I am also extremely concerned about the state of the client and the effect it has had on the playerbase.

But I am not fed up with the game or its players. I love the game and most of you :) Some negativity is always expected and especially with the client much of it is justified, but there's a difference between that and the gibberish you spiel.

~

This is not to say that you can't give feedback/criticism. You certainly can (and you know I am reading it!). But I wish you'd stop acting like I am committing some grave sin by not basically just doing whatever you say and re-writing history and making false claims about what I have or haven't done.

At the same time, recognize that many players who have been here much longer than you fundamentally disagree with you on many of the changes you want.

Finally, if you do feel strongly about a subject, trying to shame me into making them isn't going to work. I am very willing to listen to and consider constructive suggestions, especially if they get broad agreement with many in the community. And this is true even if I personally disagree with them, veterans players can attest to this. I also have no problem rolling back changes that I made which turn out to be bad (for example, the low cost spells experiment), but again, convincing me of that with reasoned arguments is the way to go, not snide remarks every other post.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017