Not a fan of the new client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phynixe, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Although I understand it's in what we could presumably consider a "beta" phase, I personally think it's very lackluster, bland, and it looks like a meme version of a gameboy game.

While in-game, the graphics look like they're 480 pixels. Only 1/4 of the map is visible, and the action bar takes up just less than half the screen. Yes, I have adjusted the settings, and I have an extremely powerful PC.

I think the old client did everything perfectly, all it needed was a more up-to-date graphic design.

Of course, I appreciate the effort going into the attempt at improving Poxnora, but this is definitely not the direction it should be going aesthetically.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. Oblitrix

Oblitrix The King of Potatoes

I really don't understand why they are not yet rolling back the old client for PC users.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

because doing so would make it impossible to add new runes into the game ever again

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Is it not possible to run the old client on a different server until the new one is up to scratch?

6. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

If they go back to the old client, Pox becomes unplayable on PS4. This, as Sok stated, is a breach of contract.

7. Phynixe

@Sokolov
    There has to be some way to make the new client much more aesthetically pleasing without breaching the contract.

8. potatonuts

Not what i said though is it. I'd expect the contract with Sony to extend only to their end of things so running the old PC client on its own server and leaving the new client as it is probably wouldn't affect anything inolved in the contract.

9. Phynixe

That's true. The old client in terms of how, when and where it functions is beyond Sony in legal terms. Leaving the old client to function whilst maintaining the new client should definitely be applicable.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If the contract stipulates that PC would change over with the PS4 going live so there were more players in the pool, it very well could require they only run one client.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I lost when you said it looks like a meme version of the game boy client

12. Phynixe

I honestly doubt that's how it went down. I doubt Sony would've ever taken into consideration the possibility of having two different clients. There are extents that are often never anticipated, and I'm sure this is one of them.

13. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

why would sony sue, its not like they are financing DoG directly, are they?

isnt pox on playstation just like any other game that gets released on playstation and its more just sony giving them license (one off payment? if any) to do so, with neither party paying the other directly, the money comes from the players? or have i missed something...

wondering how long dog's contract says they have to run poxnora on playstation for?, if there is such a thing would be interesting to know

i had an odd dream maybe a year ago that sony would take over running and ownership of poxnora and that everything would change and anyone who had done certain things in the past would get perma banned. everyone was called into a mass meeting, all players all staff etc. i hope there was nothing to it.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe Sony funded a portion of the development of the new client in exchange for a portion of the pack sales revenue.

15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Oh God lol

16. potatonuts

Sony got scammed