Rune Suggestion: Eternal Keeper

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by themacca, Aug 18, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Champion
    Forsaken Wastes
    Undead
    Common
    Priest
    Artwork: Some raggedy old undead deep inside a tomb
    Not all undead were raised for war. The eternal keepers have been kept as slaves deep within the old tombs of Elsarin since the catastrophe. Forever fated to serve the liches dreams of immortality

Stats
    Nora Cost: 49
    Damage: 0
    Speed: 5
    Defence: 0
    Range: 1
    HP: 40

Abilities
    Masons Spire 1 (6)
    Mason 1 (4)
    Relocate Relic (4)
    Lich Bound (-8)

Upgrade 1:
    Worship: Lich (4) Default
    Lich Apprentice (5)
    Leverage: Lich (4)

Upgrade 2:
    Gravetend (2) Default
    Phylactery Bound (15)
    Death Harvest (15)

I feel a rune like this would significantly help out the Lich theme as a whole. They are a complex theme and rely on other runes a lot to complete them. A cheap support unit to keep their phylacteries alive would definitely help make them able to do their gimmick better.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hmm. I've only been playing Liches since the midterm, but it seems as though they need proactive ways of triggering their respawns, your opponent has so much control over it otherwise. I would prefer some lich that gets stronger every time he comes back, maybe has stuff like noble sacrifice, death pact etc.

Essentially a lich that destroys itself or gives you benefits for destroying it, so you can summon your phylactery and get immediate value from it.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I agree that is important but i think the main thing at the moment is being able to protect and keep your phylacteries alive is the most important. as it is right now if we wanna protect them we have to deploy our cleric of unrests and eternal liches way out the back of the field and that horribly slows the pace down. if we had a unit devoted to baby sitting the phylacteries healing them up from people sniping them and repositioning them it'd be a lot easier for us to get those respawns.

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I like the concept but the rune is to streamlined for the lich deck. Does way to much for the cost in my opinon.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really? I don't think I'd run it.