New Vampire Dude

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by potatonuts, Aug 17, 2017.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Anyone tried him yet? I am yet to get my hands on one.

Seems kinda cool but his Invoke ability could get shutdown by counter healing quite easily. Despite that he does have a very nice combination of abilities there, might even make a nice tank for Liches with that racial and eternal life.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh snap, are we talking about the New Vampire Dude?

He seems like a viable upper-end melee champ, if for some unknown reason you need those.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

his invoke ability is HP gain, not healing. I would argue he works significantly better in a reanimation deck than he does in vampyres given how much HP per life he can soak up.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  4. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

let me save you the time, he's horrible. Who thought having 0 base damage with strength of body was a good idea, he cant do anything without more Nora invested into his already expensive a**. Blood rage is a debuff, nor can he sustain himself with life siphon so its just a sandbag ability, His new ability has too much of a cool down to even be worth risking him in the front lines because he is useless the lower his hp is. To sum it up he is even horrible in a gimmick BG because he never has enough consistent damage to do anything so IMO he is unplayable in his current state

5. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

No please tell us how you really feel xD

Tweek516 and potatonuts like this.
  6. potatonuts

Yeah he does seem very easy to chip away at until his damage is low enough to not worry about him. I think he'd do much better in a UD split with bleed support for healing.

I just noticed the janky mess that Bloodbinder Count has been turned into, that guy was actually runnable for a while. These ill thought out and unnecessary 'balance changes' are really getting stupid.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

also i run him with vitality creation, im not sure how he is with escalation but that makes him cost even more

8. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I was running Bloodbinder Count before he was changed completely in any of my Attrition FW bgs; even in my FW/? attrition splits.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

huh? Bloodbinder count is pretty streamlined and really f'ing good.

As for E.Vampyre, you guys are right. He's a really cool concept but on paper he's lacking and his combination of abilities just doesn't suit the current meta. He would definitely be much better if he was just tweaked slightly to be a bleed/vamp rune.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

He seems strong in a lich focused bg and just good otherwise. Overreacting is fine though.

11. potatonuts

Um, no. He is ok at best.

With 1-3 range he was basically the same cost and was much easier to keep alive so that you could make full use of Bloodbind or Commander.

Now he is just an overpriced melee vamp who for some reason doesn't have Life Siphon anymore, and Blood Spear is just pure meh in FF.

Archfiend, Bloodtracker and Wailing Banshee are all much better frontline choices.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Guess everyone ignores how much added value commander is in a faction where everything is undead. Not to mention his pseudo ranged attack aswell.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. potatonuts

What? :confused:

The undead racial has no more synergy with Commander than any other racial. If you are trying to suggest that it would synergize well with summons well, Vampyres don't have any and the summon heavy themes have much better options within those themes. That and he already had commander before he was changed so It's not really even relevant.

Blood Spear isn't a pseudo ranged attack either, it is just ranged and that's why him being melee sucks. With 2-5 range you can't even use it on the champion that he is engaged to, with 1-3 range and Life Siphon he was able to dole out that damage much more consistently and heal himself much more.

If you want to pay 75-80 nora for Commander and 12 damage every 3 turns then go ahead, any decent player will one round it the moment you move it into melee.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  14. Vote Kanye 2020

Are we pretending that units with commander generally share a race with 90% of the entire faction?

15. potatonuts

No we are just aware that it's irrelevant.

Again, Commander wasn't part of the change. I don't see how you think this is a valid argument.

Like i just pointed out, Commander is not enough to justify paying 75-80 nora for especially when you have much better melee options for 65-70 nora. With 1-3 range he filled a different role to those melee champs and now he is essentially just another melee mook in a theme that is already extremely heavy on melee mooks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  16. Phynixe

I'm going to agree with h0sp here, Commander is far too valuable to ignore. You don't have to run him in vampyres to get it off either. Bloodbinder count is BORDERLINE strong, is what he said. He didn't necessarily say that there aren't better runes that fit his position now.

The rune itself is definitely not bad, but there are more viable options.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Undead Commander might be at all relevant if a) junk decks played towards high-resource states, which they usually don't compared to themes or b) FW decks had a preference for playing to high resource states, which they absolutely do not. Yes, universal Commander is pleasant and all that, but it is not enough on its own to distinguish a rune, and within the context of FW in particular it is particularly pointless.

18. potatonuts

Oh I didn't mean to say he was shoebox or anything, he was just much more versatile with his old statline and I don't see any reason for him not having it any more.

I still don't see Commander alone as justification for running him in a meta type bg, he is just too expensive.

19. Phynixe

I don't understand why they nerfed him anyways. Apart from me, I never saw anyone running it.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it was more them trying to implement the new ability blood spear.