TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION - Thematic Arena (new legendary runes Prize-newplayer friendly)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaruXV, Aug 24, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

why not? btw maybe you have an alt, but I missed your first "i join"...

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

who runs them anyway >.>

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it depends on the bg^_^ anyway i dont think fw meta undead will be a top chosen bg, i see more skele and zombies coming..probably. Prove me wrong ;)

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

@MrBadguy I saw you are trying to trade for 2xeldervamp. Join us and win them^^

5. rathma

rathma Member

depends on what day it is, im interested but have to see what my schedule is

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it will not be fixed on one single day, you will know who your opponents are and then you decide with them when you play. Sign you in?^^

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@MrBadguy i'll loan you 2 elder vamps if you play them in the tourney

Etherielin, MaruXV and xaznsoulx like this.
  8. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

when it the deadline for sending the bg choice ?

9. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Ok, sign me up. I really struggle with the movement on the new client but.. you had me at "themes".

MaruXV likes this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

should be first days of september. I'll write down a date when we are reaching a good number of players.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

good boy! get out your plants from the swamp^^

12. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

Well count me in to :)

Sounds alot of fun, Start BG making process then i suppose Full Faction mhm?!?

MaruXV likes this.
  13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

full faction all champs same race

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the number of players is already nice. lets say: last day to register and send bg to me is 31 august. 1september i'll post the leagues and the tournament will start.

panthersfan95 likes this.
  15. A Cthulhu cultist

A Cthulhu cultist New Member

Hey, I'm brand new, but this sounds lively and interesting. I'm down! I'll drop a message to Maru.

panthersfan95 and MaruXV like this.
  16. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i only have this one forum account, i have my main pox account of same name and some pox alts though.

i posted that i would join then edited the same post to say i wouldnt and deleted my previous text saying i would join...

thinking the competition is too strong for me, ive improved over the years but still find it hard to beat battlemasters - its rare i do. i read the rules and dont really want to post my main deck (my best) publically. nor do i know if my bone circle archmage (not a zombie but is undead) would be allowed in a ff zombie bg, not a biggie as just deploying him has lost me games before.

17. A Cthulhu cultist

A Cthulhu cultist New Member

I'm not playing with an expectation I can win. The "creative deck list" and the "worst player" prizes are probably my best bets, but I'm not joining for the prizes, I'm joining to play with different people I wouldn't normally have the chance to play with, and to see what sorts of ideas other people have for competitive and interesting lists. At least in my case, I'd be happy to see a player like you @ the tournament.

Etherielin, MaruXV and panthersfan95 like this.
  18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i just get frustrated being obliterated by op decks, i dont learn from the experience (other than one day i should build an op deck) and its over pretty fast, i hardly build new decks but choose to modify existing ones. my best deck zombies is not going to win against the top players decks except for the odd fluke win. their decks are just too good and usually abusing something, combinations etc. some champs are just too powerful for mine (fw) and decks are not equal when vs'd, someone always has the upper hand.

i understand here the decks are limited which would be better and was a reason to join as it would more come down to skill.

i wasnt joining for the prizes either.

i lol'd at your comment of playing people you normally wouldnt, just because with the matchmaking / smalll playerbase you see very uneven matchups, like relatively new players vs battlemasters. i would hope rank does not matter and people usually just get matched by elo, i dont know how it works.

sure it would be interesting to see what decks players come up with, im just not keen on sharing and in some paranoid way i think players i vs (outside of the tournament) would then know my deck and beat me easier because they are prepared. for the same reason i do not like to play the same player twice in a row right after, when i have they always play much better even usually beating me.

i think its cool for newer players to join this tournament, good luck!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    A Cthulhu cultist likes this.
  19. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

RoK is bringing this one home babe

Come on boys axeraiser/gnomes/h0spy and Aron

Time to show pox how it's done

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Needs more scooby snacks.