The Laboratory - Poxnora Creative BG building Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by MaruXV, Mar 29, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i got it but why so focused? if you already go for nokhan do then you shouldnt need bracers because you get countered too much by precision. I like the focus on equips and if you go hard on them i would focus more on equip interactions.

2. rathma

rathma Member

totally right, gatta diversify my fun, any other tip's? i got lot's of off but fun BG's

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it dependends on what you want to play

4. rathma

rathma Member

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i see a couple good interactions but i miss the idea of the bg.
    1. why superiority with stitcheds and firks? it would be hard to cast without taking dmg
    2. why stitch concealer?

can you explain to me what was your idea building it?

6. rathma

rathma Member

sup is psy dam aoe 6, interacts with pys anguish, concealer is a cheep fast hard hitting unit with stealth and cloak. as well a filler i had to mod it as psy ping isn't on most things anymore( like neuromancer)

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yes but superiority casted on firks will destealth and dmg your stitched. trust me, i tried that and it isnt worth, you lose a lot of time trying to move stealthed units in a way they cannot be hit by superiority. also with all this psy dmg you should run firk masks to make the pings better. try get a look to my FS/UD psy amp Firks in the first page of the guild, maybe it can give you a couple ideas for your bg^^

8. teabaggy

teabaggy New Member

hiya boys, I saw this guild thread and since I suck at making meta builds I've mostly done theme builds and wacky experiments. Currently working on an Ironfist (mostly construct) bg that relies on cluttering the map with barricades and spamming equipments.
    https://goo.gl/EYm1ja
    I'm a returning player, havent played pox for years but would like to get back into it, and since I love to play around with gimmicky combos this seems like the perfect guild for me :3

MaruXV and panthersfan95 like this.
  9. panthersfan95

panthersfan95 New Member

Hi guys, just joined up and hope to learn this game by working on bg building with you. Learned a lot in the last few days just by reading these posts. Hope to contribute as I can.

teabaggy and MaruXV like this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

welcome back then! I also have an IS bg based on making some big contruct's superchamps, I'll post it in the first page someday.
    the bg seems nice but it doesnt have much ways to use the relics over holy light...maybe you could try to go split ST for some galeforces or even better SL for magnetize and some more relic generation^^

teabaggy and panthersfan95 like this.
  11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

welcome you too, post some of your ideas so we can work on them together!

panthersfan95 likes this.
  12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

added a new BG to my list,
    added a Members'bgs list

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

asdas.png

the lab is growing ^_^

teabaggy and panthersfan95 like this.
  14. rathma

rathma Member

I AM.......THE TOSSER

english slang work.....pleas may i be re-labeled

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you are the ToxicTosser, so you will be renamed ...theToxer!

rathma likes this.
  16. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Ok, here's a BG I'm working on. It exists because there are now three champs with Conceal available in FS/FW:

6 champions with Conceal:
    - Darkmarsh Concealer x2, Stitched Concealer x2, Lichling x2

4 champions with Gift of Scrying:
    - Eternal Lich x2, Firk Prophet x2

2 champions for picking up nora globles:
    - Anthropomancer x1, Death Harvester x1

5 relics and spells for nora gen:
    - Marsh Song x2
    - Nora Seep x2
    - Pool of Dreams

4 spells for restricting opponent's rune options (plus concealing own runes)
    - Setback x2, Delay x2

2 spells for using excess nora:
    - Nora Artillary x1
    - Infuse x1

5 utility runes:
    - Erode, Loot, Sacred Temple, Poison Trap, Mindshackle

2 end game spells:
    - Spell Trap x2

The idea is to have an excess of nora for both players but minimise what the opponent can get on the board by concealing their deck. The order I try to play right now is:

Stage 1: Play normally, just deploying champs and holding off until nora gen kicks in. With a good draw maybe give up mid font.
    Stage 2: Once you have a couple of Marsh Songs+Nora Seep going then try to conceal both players' decks. It's good to use the Conceal ability first, remember that whatever you conceal will be revealed first next turn. If you successfully conceal your nora gen spells that is on cooldown, stop there. If you don't get a good conceal, then consider using Setback on yourself.
    Stage 3: Deploy all your champs, make use of Infuse/Nora Artillery and get ahead on the board. Get 2x Delay up whenever possible so they can't deploy champs.
    Stage 4: Either cycle multiple Spell Traps so their next spell kills their own shrine, or just win the usual way.

I'm playing this vs bots right now to try to get a handle on the deck management. I get the feeling that it is all about surviving the early game - rush decks would be a big problem. I'd love to hear any ideas (especially replacements for the utility runes).

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like the idea, but i think it tries to work like an ethereal pool bg without being one....infuse being only dmg source maybe should be 2x.
    i dont think you need utility runes, this is not a balanced bg. I think you should try to go all in for the trick plan. Poison trap is ok to stop some rush, of course. the problem is, how do you resolve dropped champs? maybe you could add some doom

18. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Doom is probably a good idea. The Mindshakle grants one-off double damage for the Prophets and the Stitched Concealers hit hard thanks to Surge: Concealed so it's not impossible to remove champs.

There's a lot more space for FS runes that FW, so maybe Drown/PHS..

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

added a funny KF/UD undying randomfest goblins BG

20. rathma

rathma Member