Post your Maxxarek BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Cinder405, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'm curious to see what types of Maxxarek BGs there are out there if any. I have an idea of what it may look like but would like to see examples first.

Cheers

MaruXV likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

3. Cinder405

So here is what I have so far. Any feedback is welcome.

Snip-it_1504401236401.jpg

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

seems ok, i would get 1x fading recollection for a surprise move^_^

5. Cinder405

I think it's a Nora sink sometimes. Maybe I'm not using it well

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think you should use it to:

1.make a support unit useless
    2. remove protections that wouldnt make you kill a big champ
    3. surprise! Maxx on the run!

Cinder405 likes this.
  7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

NEVER DO THIS!!!

Anyways im gonna make up a mock BG out of memories of my old BGs
    [​IMG]

Things to note
    A trade is significantly in your favor since it gives you a free champion and UD has several ways to get a good benefit from a unit dying, (retribution, sacrifice)
    Keep maxx safe, if he dies you probably lose
    High cost champions i feel are safer to run because of the free champions you should be getting. These will also be easier to get quick kills with to get you rolling early, (EG, Fanatic, Sheoul demon

Cinder405 likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

unless im makes you win the game...but yes, it shouldn't be a priority move.

Cinder405 likes this.
  9. Cinder405

Wow never thought of this.

I actually use Secret Gathering to relocate Maxxarek 8 spaces and stealth him! Did you know you could do that?

Your BG is a bit different than mine. I never thought of that approach. How well does it work for you? Also what upgrades do you run on Maxxarek? I'm torn between Portal and Regen 3 at times because I feel in some matches I need Regen more than Portal and vice versa.

MaruXV likes this.
  10. themacca

I run set Ablaze and Portal, on 1 end portal makes it incredibly hard to snipe fonts because nobody wants to Firk with maxx 1v1 on a side font. It also allows for maxx to be more offensive, you can relocate him upwards have him take an attack and then portal back to safety again, i'd say it's best to just have a body guard him at all times humanly possible, and if dark pact were still permanent i'd be running that too

11. Cinder405

Does Set Ablaze make the opponents champion unusable on their turn and shielded ends on your turn? If so, I might have to switch Pawn to Set Ablaze.

12. themacca

it does

13. Cinder405

Is it on the attack chain?

Besides that

Do you think Maxxarek could be used well in an Imp BG? A good amount of demons are or can be 65 Nora or less so they could be summoned with Maxxarek ability.

14. themacca

It's not on the attack chain (still does 15 damage though)

and no i don't. Being able to utilize maxxarek to deal damage is an important part of a maxxarek BG and imps dont have the tools to make that possible, outside of that the more 65 nora units you have the less likely you are to get the ones you want, thats why i only run a few and outside of that i stick to the more expensive units

Cinder405 likes this.
  15. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Here is my current Couch Potato BG.

Attached Files:

16. Cinder405

How does this work for you?

17. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

It works well for me it's really a basic deck everything except grimlic can be summoned with Maxx. Its very all in on Maxx as well a lot of movement manipulation but it's pretty fun.

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Screenshot_20171116-224728.jpg

i'm having quite fun with this. like guakamoli's one, everything is around 65nora. being cheap stuff, there is a big work on altar + sacrifice mechanics. maxx with pawn and annihilate. avarice for surprise move.

19. themacca

is he doing the bug where he gets bigger each time you relocate him?

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sure ;) waiting for the fix to rank it. doesn't happen on relocate by secret meeting