Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just occurred to me, what if ravish worked off base stats not current stats. Change would obviously include a cost increase.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

so you'd be bringing back old cast repurpose partially. ( at 20% instead of its old 50% but with no bonus health scaling )
    so my only question is this.
    you said that only base stats would be counted but what about skills that increase max hp like vitality creation and leech vitality?
    would they be considered as bonus health like warbanners/boost or as base health instead?

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

if they are not what are originally on the champions card then it's not a base stat. any increases at all wouldn't be considered.
    And no cast repurpose was 50% of current stats going onto the closest champion to the one destroyed and was absurdly good at super champing since u could just drop a skelezerker next to your serkan for 30 nora and then bam he got 25 hp and 8 damage.

4. free20play

ahh its a been long time since i've used repurpose or ravish.
    so thats probably why i got confused with the percents.
    well your idea would probably make it better overall as an ability.
    since in its current state your forced to use it only on high health units or get nothing out of it. ( and the stats gained from it aren't really worth sacrificing high health units )
    so overall its a good change to an underpowered ability, and i see no reasons for it not to go through.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Had an idea for Arroyo Storm Orb and Flamewisp, they are both very similar champions and Arroyo are quite low on melee so I thought it would help if they weren't both ranged.

Arroyo Flamewisp

D:9 S:6 R:4-5 D:0 HP:45

Base - Attack: Fire
    Flight

U1 - Rift Bound
    Vulnerability: Physical

U2 - Blind
    Dispelling Blows
    Relocate : DMZ

Arroyo Storm Orb

D:9 S:6 R:1 D:2 HP:50

Base - Attack: Electricity
    Flight
    Rift Nova

U1 - Rift Bound
    Vulnerability: Physical

U2 - Electricity Aura (3)
    Catalyst: Electricity
    Jolt(1)

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Consider removing Souldrinker from the game and replacing all instances with Lifedrinker.

7. free20play

how about making it better instead?
    heres an idea i had for souldrinker some time ago.

Souldrinker: whenever this unit destroys an enemy champion.
    all enemy units in play are inhibited for 8 turns while also hexed and soultapped for 3 turns.
    additionally this unit heals for 50% of the destroyed units health in nora cost.

now its no longer just a weak copy paste of life drinker but its own ability.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Theoretically re-designing the ability would also address their overlap. I think the version you suggest is preposterously strong, however -- like, Soulharvest 2 levels of good, or better.

9. free20play

well all the units with souldrinker currently are melee only.
    so i then thought the reward should be high enough to matter. ( risk vs reward )
    and since its also something that requires you to kill an enemy to proc.
    it can stand be powerful.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sacrificial Dagger.

The reward is incredibly, incredibly high. I'd consider it one of the biggest tempo swings in the game. Consider: when you get a kill, you Hex all opposing champions for the next turn. All of them. That means enemy damage gets cut in half. Lets leave aside for a moment the 8-10 nora and dispersed damage you'll get from Soultap, the global anti-healing, and the self-heal -- Global Half Damage. With that kind of coverage, you can easily set up for a second kill on the following turn.

You're looking at 15-25 nora for the standard Swarm abilities, and those aren't as strong as this. Killing stuff is not hard, and, as is one of the strengths of Swarm, if you have an on-kill trigger champion anywhere in your attack lineup you can arrange it to get the kill.

All of those power discussions ignore that it just comes across as hash-mash design -- there are four separate effects (Inhibited, Hex, Soultapped, Healing) spread across two targets (global enemy, self) and three durations (8 turns, 3 turns, instant), and none of those numbers or conditions seem to have any relationship to each other, especially because there are so many components; it becomes harder to believe in a connection between two effects when you have to also relate them to another, and then another. As-proposed, it's a messy design with atrocious power.

11. free20play

i forgot about sacrificial dagger.
    i guess we'd have to change sac daggers souldrinker to lifedrinker for this change to go through.
    so i take it you hate the hex part mainly? would replacing hex with distracted or some other kind of debuff be enough? maybe defiled would work?
    i thought of cursed at first but realized theres already too many sources of curse in this game.
    also about that messy design part i made the numbers like that since i wanted the important debuffs to be short-term while the less important ones as long term.
    8 for inhibited and 3 for the rest and at the end of the day numbers can always be changed.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the Hex part is the strongest part, but it's the morass of effects that I mainly dislike. An ability should do one thing, or maybe two related things, not a handful.

Etherielin and davre like this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Incorp description is over-long -- could just be changed to the following: "This champion becomes Flying and cannot activate attack abilities. This champion takes 75% reduced damage from non-Magical sources."

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Resolved. Though, currently it is triggering if used on an equip on a friendly champion, which means that shattering hostile equipment on allies grants bonus stats.

15. potatonuts

Chuck: Flaming Skull is a bit expensive for what it does. The relic is fairly good but it's very tricky to actually use. The only real usefulness i've found for the ability is to pick up kills at range when Headchucker runs out of ammo, i think i've actually 'kicked the head' once in a pvp game.

I was thinking the relic could be reworked to have a more viable function, maybe some kind of aoe fire damage effect but a 2-4 nora cost reduction would probably suffice too.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Throw Axe costs half as much as is about as good -- less CD, removes DEF, but doesn't grant the followup option.

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

One is bad against summons, other ain't. Stop trying to buff FW so much.

18. potatonuts

The Elsarin Night rework absolutely sucks. Losing +1 speed and Crushing Charge for +3 dmg was a terrible trade off in terms of value but the worst part is that removing Crushing Charge robs the theme of yet another way to move Lumbering zombies around. I'm guessing this was done to prevent the double charge combo with Fleshweaver which I understand but the only reason the combo existed was because of the changes to Zombie Herder when it lost the ability to remove Lumbering and Lethargic. Removing another source of mobility for lumberers in response to imbalance created by removing their original source of it seems like a very illogical way to solve that issue.

Suggest changing it to; AOE2: For 4 turns, affected area becomes Elsarin Night (friendly champions occupying this space have Elusive. If the champion has Race: Zombie it also gains +1 spd, +2 dmg and loses Lumbering or Lethargic for X turns.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Then leave the worse one around of the two, I just want a redundant ability gone.

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That would nerf sac dagger. Stop trying to nerf FW so hard.