Pssst... runes that might be good, pt. 2

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Aug 26, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This analysis makes sense, thanks.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cleric of Unrest, with Rite of Healing and Council: Spells. It makes for a saucy combo with Arroyo Eye, and global healing happens to be very powerful in FW once you get a bunch of meat up. Ujelly and I had a FW mirror in which each of us had the champ up at the same time -- the decks were even semi-serious.

In that same game, I was really impressed with Spectral Emissary. The 81 nora build is expensive, but Teleport 2 + 7 SPD means he can hit 9 tiles in a one turn, which is an important break-point for some maps. Also, Teleport and Stun makes him an incredible harasser that is very hard to pin down. Admittedly, we were on Elemental Plateau where side-font harassment is pretty strong, but I could also see the champ doing work on a map like Snarling Tangle, Grove of Ashes, UD, and IS Pass, which is a significant portion of the current rotation. Paying 81n hurts a bit, but I'll give him a try.

Risen Yeti remains good. Unspeakable makes it a fair tempo play, and the mini-Dread+Defender is great. Besides, he hits like a truck when you piss him off.

Warspirit has been consistently good and scary as well. Just generally noticing how deep and varied a melee line FW junk has.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Planeshift is just as good at moving far and he's cheaper and has a bit of utility.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Funnily enough, Planeshift is the rune that I am testing right now in lieu of Emissary, for similar reasons to the ones you gave. I do think that Stun or Siphon gives Emissary some other harassment options, but I would agree that Planeshift seems the better of the two outside of skeletons, at least at first glance.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I felt cheap using plane shift, I teleported, then used the rest of my ap except 2, dropped bazaar and moved I think 12 spaces ? It was a lucky draw but an easy win nonetheless, and felt fairly cheesy.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Big thing is the unassisted 9 spaces of movement. That is an important break point on a couple maps.

super71 likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So, if you play Bag of Filth on an enemy champion, you can use Clone Matter from Mystic Atelier or Croma Extinguisher to immediately make a copy on a friendly champ. Kinda neat.

And people are sleeping on Stitched Tyrant. Why is noone running this thing? You're looking at 3 DEF, the best Hunter, and 81-96 HP total, not counting AP wasted on Stitched remains if you pressure them with Stitched Recon.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Voidhowler looks alright

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

jumping into this conversation late, but the only time I have been actually impressed with emissary, is when he runs life siphon and has a bone cloak on.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

@kalasle what do you think of dark familiar? i'm trying to find him a place, it becomes a 55 nora 8 spd 14dmg flying elusive champ but it takes 4 turns...

12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Kalasle try out my deck and its combos if you have the runes...

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Where is ur deck lmao.

Use snipping tool to take a pic of it, then upload it

14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Champs

x2 Brightmoon Lich
    x1 Croma Extinguisher
    x1 Croma Visionary
    x2 Elsarin Reaper
    x2 Executioner