Tinder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

How do you turn down the difficulty settings?

Etherielin, MaruXV and SPiEkY like this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

money

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Reroll class.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no you just need a high beauty stat.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What a sad world when you bois now use the internet to replace the epic and crucial requirement to picking up women that is getting up the courage to walk over and talk to her - irl.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

How is picking up girls crucial, when pretty much all millennials use tinder or other apps? Tinder has literally just made the dating/hooking up scene at lot simpler and more efficient. Can't blame people for taking short cuts.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. GoldTiger

No one ever said you can't still do that. I mean I can't speak for dmr since he's pretty old but I still go out at least 1-2 a week and honestly I know very few people who pick up a "random hot chick at the bar" if ever. Most cases are you have a cute girl friend and you have a cute guy friend and they go and Firk later that night or you see a girl you barely know and make convo and then Firk but this whole idea of "building up the courage to go talk to a girl" has never existed as far as I have seen.

I'd like to know how you old fashioned gen X'ers used to do it because I'm intrigued.

8. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Back in my day we had AOL instant messenger and we would lead off with "ASL?"

Etherielin and MrBadguy like this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

What ever happened to clubbing... a woman in the head and kidnapping her back to your mud hut untill she stops running away! KIDS THESE DAAAYYYYS

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

idk, I met my gf the old-fashioned way: She sat on my lap in a church back when we were in High School.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Talked about whatever popped up?

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You know it ;)

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My wife brought me my homework I printed out in computer class in 1996. I saw her, she was fantastic and super hot. Started talking over next couple days, then asked her to prom. She said she had been asked by a friend of mine. I was crushed. Next day she said if you haven't found anyone I'd rather go with you. My bud didn't really care. We were dating until after I got out of bootcamp. When I was home from bootcamp I asked her to marry me. I then left for combat training, then job training and in August 1998 we married. Next August will be 20 years.

There was no cell phones to speak of. My mom used to give me "the phone" when I went out or something so I could call home, but you didn't even have it turned on unless you were making a call. There was internet and there was even AOL instant messaging but people didn't sit at computers so it was more like a quick email, they'd answer it next time they turned on their computer and connected to their dialup.

I asked my wife's dad if I could take her to prom (although it was after I asked her), if I could take her on a date (he said no, then later changed his mind) and if I could marry her.

I'm really sorry you don't get to experience that. It was such a feeling of triumph and elation when she said yes to each think I asked for, but that was mostly due to the relief following the dissipation of tremendous dread before asking her (that she might say no and I really liked her).

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  14. GoldTiger

So she brought you your homework you printed? And then you started talking to her?

Sorry not possible. /s

I feel like youre missing the point I'm trying to make here as your a little blinded by your predetermined opinion.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I started chatting her up in class/between classes etc. O/C I'm biased, how many 20 year marriages have you experienced? Lol.

The courting process has been devolved into a picture and a "hey want to Firk?" text. I get why you wouldn't understand that's bad.

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

TRIGGERED

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Also, I think that's too narrow minded an approach to this, baskit. What happens to people like me who had been to 11+ institutions by the time they had finished highschool and then have to move to another country at the age of 19 against their will? I don't get none of that prom dream date dreamland kinda deal. I didn't get to grow up in the same town or stay in any place for an extended period of time, even after high school. If you don't stay in one place, you don't accrue contacts, connections or develop circles of friends so you can meet new people. Tinder allowed me to go from moving to one city to another, spend the next 2 months traveling and sorting Bane Shift out like getting my official IDs, renew my passport, travel for 2 weeks and immediately set up dates/casual encounters once I got back to the city. It may not immediately be as meaningful a connection but the alternative for someone like me would be to literally start from 0 and go clubbing or hit bars because dating co-workers is off-limits. I work 45 hours a week 8 to 5 M-F and 9 to 2 Sat so that could virtually eat up all my free time for similar results to just swiping on Tinder.

TLDR: It's really damn convenient for some. Namely me and my Johnson.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Fair enough. It just that in my mind this road ends with a 30something year old fella without any prospects moving forward as to a family or legacy. I guess people might not want that? They possibly want to be in and out of relationships and marriage all their life I guess.

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Well, Mexicans are like 70-80% Catholic so most people are marriaged or have kids by their 30s. I've personally never been in a relationship or tried dating like this before so who knows. I was mostly encouraged by my best buddy from middle school who I recently got in contact with since he has 5 kids and he's the same age as me. I wouldn't be opposed to marriage but I don't wanna just jump into a shitty one and end up like most kids nowadays who just divorce in their 20s due to being impulsive. Though I suspect that also has a lot to do with people thinking they can just relationshiphop until they find Mr or Mrs Perfect which doesn't exist. My grandparents have been together for 50+ years and they always say it's because they actually work through their issues and accept each other's flaws. In that sense, yeah, Tinder is superficial app and 90% of people decide if they wanna give anyone a shot or not within 5 seconds which means they're buying into an idea or concept of who they wanna meet, but you get to talk to people before really doing anything and there's bios so I know if the girl I'm talking to likes the same stuff I do instead of just being a "pizza travel 420 emoji" basic *****.

Baskitkase likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty