Spirit singer

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Sep 13, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nora shield 2- 8 nora
    flight- 6 nora

I like nora shield but it's very easy to play around and mostly just a sand bag ability. Flight seems unnecessary on her and only drives up her cost.

Stats

10 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    1 defense
    45 hp

upgrade line 1- heal mass 3, heal champ 3, empathy
    upgrade line 2- cleansing aura, serenade, weaken spells

base abilities- abash, resurrect 2

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

She's currently sandbagged by her abilities, true, but I don't like your direction either.

Personally, I'd turn her into this:

8 damage
    6 speed
    4-5 range
    0 defense
    42 HP

Base Abilities: attack: magical, Cast: Ghostly Visage, Cleanse. (Base cost: 63 nora as her stats are 48 nora and CGV + Cleanse would be 15 nora)
    Upgrade Line 1: Body Jumper (69), Blessing of the Fallen (68) [BASE], Roar of the Fallen (64, Roar most likely needs a cost adjustment anyway)
    Upgrade Line 2: Enduring Aura 5 (72), Shroud (71) [BASE], Prevailing Perception (71)
    Total Nora cost: 76 (Blessing of the Fallen, Shroud)
    @Sokolov What do you think? Btw Roar of the Fallen really could use an adjustment. :p

Note: I wanted to give her 2-4 range but I don't know what her nora cost would be. If Sok could tell me once he takes a look at the post, I'd be really grateful.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  3. super71

This doesn't make any sense, this rune would be more in line with fw spirits, are you trying to make her split or something ? I'm all for just removing nora shield and flight and leaving her as is before going this direction.

4. Etherielin

I've gone after the theme of being a spirit singer, someone who calls to them. She's in a spot where she has to compete with Nectar Fairy, a spot that no other support can outdo apart from maybe an Elven Page. The goal was to give her a unique role so that she no longer has to compete with Nectar Fairy in the very same territory (healing support) but instead gets her own group (tactical debuffer/mitigator).

5. super71

Spirit singer

8 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    1 defense
    45 hp

base abilities- Attack: magical, healing breath 2, bestow

upgrade line 1- camouflage, divert, verdant force
    upgrade line 2-balance 3, plant regen 2, fellowship

option 2

base abilities- Attack: magical, seism, regal presence

upgrade line 1- impenetrable, rebuke 2, swap 2
    upgrade line 2- rallying cries 2, ritual of healing, serenade

option 3- on base she'd start with 35 health this way

base abilities- Attack: magical, rebirth, nora miner 1

upgrade line 1- reinforce, relocate ally, tempo
    upgrade line 2-heal mass 3, cleanse, vitality nora might be too strong, but it would be fun.

possible abilities in my opinion-augment creation, bastion of mobility,

I really like all 3 of those to be honest, but obviously they are just ideas.

@Etherielin

6. Etherielin

Option #1: Sok isn't a fan of bestow in general and Healing Breath is an overcosted ability. Her kit fits someone like Treecaller or Elven Tender much more than her.

Option #2: Regal Presence cannot happen in Elves as it could break them too easily. Seism will just make her a meta rune with no value outside of it. Upgrades are somewhat cool but ritual of healing won't be used in its current form.

Option #3: Not a fan of nora miner, it's usually a sandbag ability. Rebirth is interesting and the upgrades are good but I'm against Reinforce in its current form - it'd make all the other abilities in that upgrade line non-existent.

I avoid Augment Creation like fire as I believe it's too strong as an ability and would better fit a reworked Aspect of Life (most fitting support to have that thematically). Bastion of Mobility sounds fun though.

7. super71

I agree augment is pretty strong, however damage increases in general are way too strong right now. I'm against her going with cast ghostly visage and what not as it doesn't really make sense, healing breath, bestow, resurrect, all seem to fit given her text.

8. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

She is literally laying her hands on the wounded warrior so why not Lay on Hands? Aspect of Lifes ability but she boxed anyway

Maybe just lower range to 3-4?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. super71

I like lay on hands

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I like it too but Nora shield has to go. And maybe a reduction of range? I'm not sure how much Nora it costs. Im just making a suggestion.

Can you make a build with lay on hand @super71

11. super71

Yea Nora shield is garbage, people just avoid the champ when it's shielded. Reduction of range is another thing I wanted to see, and possibly damage.

I'll see if I can find some nice abilities that fit with lay on hands

12. super71

Spirit singer

0damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    1 defense
    45 health

base abilities- Attack:magical, lay on hands, ressurrect 2

upgrade line 1- healing breath 1, resurrect 2, enervating touch
    upgrade line 2- dazzling, abash, hallucionogenic

Costs
    lay hands- 15 nora
    resurrect 2- 4 nora

Upgrade abilities

Line 1
    healing breath 1- 10 nora
    enervating touch- 4 nora

Line 2
    dazzling- 15 nora
    abash- 4 nora
    hallucinogenic- 8 nora

With healing breath 1 and dazzling she'd be about 71 nora, if she was forced to have a basic attack, remove resurrect 2 from base and give her attack:magical on base and 8 damage, lower speed by 1.

With attack:magical, 8 damage, 5 speed, dazzling, healing breath 1, lay hands, and dazzling she'd be 74 nora.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do agree that Nora Shield, since its nerf, is kind of trashy. Still, I think it is an ability that can be good. For instance, it can turn a dud of a summon into nora (with the help of a poison cloud or lava). Nora Shield is also an ability that has always been on the Spirit Singer. I'd like it left on as an upgrade choice. Here's a buff suggestion that I think would fit her flavor.

Spirit Singer
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44
    Base Abilities: Attack: Magical, Empathy, Resurrect, True Nature
    Upgrade Path I: Nora Shield 1, Nora Shield 2, Prevailing Perception
    Upgrade Path II: Cleansing Aura, Soothing Serenade, Weaken Spells

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

True nature is a cool idea for her

Etherielin likes this.