Vitality Creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

8 nora lol.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Regen 2 is 5.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That's Burnpyro's fault. Incidentally, Purified is 5, Regen 2.5 would in theory be 5 and yet Trail: self regen 2.5+purified that overrides all terrain, procs in the opponent's turn if relocated/knocked back and can be shared with multiple units is 7.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Do you believe it is too expensive or too cheap ?

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

lol

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He believes it is too cheap, and should be more expensive.

7. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I'd much prefer it didn't exist and Bane Shift actually just paid for its stats instead of autopilot infinite scaling.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Edit: also escalation champs start with Firk all damage can vitality creation champs also start with the same sandbag if we insist on them existing?

Sokolov likes this.
  9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

That would just make them cheaper.

10. super71

It's 8 Nora for 2 hp on a champ deploy turn, and that's if their is a deploy every turn.

@MrBadguy Also if your letting it get to the point that it's scaling that high, you probably already lost due to letting the build up take place. While the unit is building up, aren't your units scaling as well ? I'm more inclined to start nerfing damage as the scaling for that has gotten fairly silly. The game was more fun when I had to strategize to kill tanks, now most champs have 11 or 12 base damage or a way to scale their damage quickly.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

For reference, 8 nora is about 14 HP.

As for DMG scaling, I actually think DMG is the lowest its been for awhile, between the Commander/Stat Stacking changes, the DMG/RNG/Cost nerfs to ranged champions and the more recent adjustments to Surge it's hard to see how "damage... has gotten fairly silly."

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I don't see how damage is silly. It's quite the opposite defences are at an all time high and completely fine champions such as boghopper huntmaster for example are pushed way out of the meta.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Damage has been controlled down. Defenses are still the same but you're just not seeing a lot of themes buffing each other with Defender + Battlemaster + Commander + racials and misc spells.

14. super71

Except the last 2 expansions have had multiple ways for champs to amp damage with hunter, zeal, blitz, warlord, we reduced stat stacking with multiple champs out, but now are at a point where most champs just damage buff themselves. In my opinion it was harder to get 6 champs out then super buff one with zeal or kinetic impulse. If you recall I was one of the people that agreed surge on ranged was extremely overpowered, however things like zeal and blitz are just as silly if not worse because they don't require extra champs to be out.

10 champions in the newest expansion have 11 damage or higher, I understand the need for a bit of power creep for marketing reasons and even get that a lot of them are exos and legendaries.

Visions of Amareth- This expansion had 10 champs with 11 damage or higher very few ways to amp that damage no champions with 13 damage, and very few out of those 10 had 12 damage. Also this expansion had 40 champions, compared to planar which had 40 not including limiteds.

Visions 11 damage-8
    Visions 12 damage-2
    Visions 13 or higher-

Planar 11 damage-5
    Planar 12 damage-4
    Planar 13 or higher- 1

We slowly scaled up, and this isn't even mentioning the difference in damage amp abilities on the newer expansions.

Visions
    punish-2
    strength of body- 1
    preparation-1
    charge-1
    sunder 2- 1
    pounce- 1
    blood frenzy- 1
    duel-1
    render-1
    hunter walker-1
    commander flying-1
    portal walker- This ability needs nerfed on every rune 1
    adaptive-1
    surge enemy-1
    ironfist exploit-1
    quest crusade- 1
    truthseeker-1

Total damage buffs- 18, some of these are on the same champ just different ability lines.

Planar
    hunter soul tapped- 1
    sunder 1-1
    sunder 2-2
    hunter fighter-1
    flanking-1
    rock defiance-1
    command charge- 1
    aim-1
    sabotage acid-1
    deep wounds-1
    zeal damage-4
    empowered offense-4
    encouraged-1
    hunter crippled-2 All 3 are on thicket crawler and empowered offense, and he starts with 11 base damage.
    hunter poisoned-1
    hunter hero-1
    quest runner-1 These next 4 are all on centaur bolter, my new favorite ranged unit.
    hunter walker-1
    blitz-1
    declare hunted-2
    kill sense-1
    sabotage armor- 1
    cull-1
    pounce-2
    hunter poisoned-1
    warlord-2
    spellswallower-1
    dogpile-1
    mark of al'mara-1
    hunter mage-1
    hunter small-1
    hunter bloodied-1
    escalation-1
    strength of body-1
    tundra awakening-1
    preparation-1
    ranged stance- 1 normally wouldn't include this but it's on a champ with kinetic impulse
    farshot- 1 same as above
    kinetic impulse-1
    charge 3-1
    logistics flanking-1
    hunter meek-1

I may have missed some, I didn't put in shatter because you or your opponent need equipment to benefit from that. Again some are on the same champ but different ability lines.

As you can see we have 53 new damage amp abilities in an expansion with just as many champs, yet we tripled the amount of damage amp, but I guess were not increasing damage at all. Also note that very few defensive abilities were added either, which could also be apart of the problem. I'm not saying we need more defensive abilities, but less damage amp abilities would be nice. Sure we could argue that some of these abilities weren't out yet, therefore they couldn't be on the old runes, but again that kinda just proves my point further.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I think it's interesting that we can collectively decide that stat X is absurdly high now and it's ruining balance.

It's just a ratio. It obviously affects gameplay but I am not convinced that a higher damage:eHP ratio is more desirable than a lower one. What determines when this ratio is silly?

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Historically, at least speaking about HP and not damage, almost anything that fields more HP(though it sometimes also applies to EHP) than the nora cost involved has the potential to be decent to game breaking. Pure HP is not necessarily useful just by itself and there's a lot of variables but it's usually when the piles of HP start doing useful stuff on top of soaking up damage that they turn into deliciously valuable ones. I think it's also worth noting that the thing that most consistently seems to break damage is when ranged units anywhere from 60 to 80 start hitting you for 15-20 damage a hit because of the way range works in Pox i.e. no line of sight, no bodyblocking, no terrain/elevation modifiers, aoe range coverage being standard and no inherent penalties for distance as well as fluid same-turn repositioning/attacking.

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

What was the consensus on that?

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Changing how ranged works is one of my primary things to address in Pox 2.0

19. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I am all in with line of sight and terrain mods for ranged units. Some relics should block range units line of sight if that unit is adjacent to it. If that mechanic was introduced I would think you would have to give range units some more speed or leap abilities. I actually wish that Pox would have AP for movement and AP for attacks. This way you could add speed to a unit without having that unit attack 2 or 3 times a round

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

@Pedeguerra just creamed his pants

Etherielin, MaruXV and super71 like this.