Revamp: my hopes for the Peaks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Bellagion, May 3, 2014.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

• G'hernbound to 6 spaces, only one rank and remove Overseer
    • G'hern lose Unique except for maybe Isangoma / Soothsayer
    • Thrower gets decent stats, other slow G'hern get decent SPD
    • Neverused stuff have their roles clarified and focused so they fit a specific niche in bgs, especially generic meatbags like beasts / Cave Dragon (cheap Shatter again???)
    • Moga Trailblazer becomes usable :D
    • Older Voil get updated (Bomber, Frenzy, etc.)
    • Cavernspawn becomes runnable
    • Heroes retain most of their iconic abilities
    • Firebomber stays Firebomber (see above)
    • The Exile is just a bit better / more efficient
    • Hyaenid's Serf to the Djinn is reworked or even removed if necessary
    • Different synergy / reason to play Djinn added
    • Legendaries costing 200k in pb become less necessary
    • Shallaxy
    • Cyclops gain more reasons to be run, not necessarily as a mono-race deck
    • Moga Pups become slightly more useful
    • Whispers of the Mind has to be nerfed, sorry yall
    • Moga Babbler ???
    uhm yeah discuss

SireofSuns and RedScarlet like this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Cavernspawn is horrible atm!

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

electric overload splashed in a easy to get unit like hyaenid breaker

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

• Moga pups need devourable. Om nom nom.
    • I'm running Cavernspawn in a SP/UD beast deck, to some effect. It needs to be runnable in more than just that though. (Deep wounds on Grundlewulf Alpha and Cavernspawn)
    • Sceian is really ill-defined, thematically. He's a general who... is a general. He has battlecry.
    • Shallaxy.
    • G'hernbound updated to "When not within 6 spaces of a G'hern, this champion has -1 speed and -3 damage".
    • Cyclopes get their racial bonuses on a few key champs, everything else updated to be usable in multiple decks.

RedScarlet and Woffleet like this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would change the interaction of overseer and ghernbound, I would remove ghernbound from the game and give every moga -1 speed and -3 damage, and would change overseer to grant those buffs to mogas directly.

This would spare one ability in several champions, and would bring several benefits, including new interactions, first, mogas would be more transparent for new players, as his stats won't lie, also, this would allow for a wider splashability of mogas, as most of them would be 5 speed or less, you would be able to use them with vitalize champions to achieve a performance similar to that under supervision.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. Paper Skull

Fixed that for you. Also, I agree. It needs something to simplify it, because it's unnecessary as is.

7. Bellagion

Personally, I'd like for the Moga to retain the G'hernbound ability and have Overseer taken off of G'herns, mostly because it would remove the skill from the G'hern (who generally have more ability clutter) rather than the Moga (who generally already have low ability counts).

G'hernbound: This unit loses 3 DMG and 1 SPD when not within 6 spaces of a friendly G'hern.
    would be my preferred change.

Also, the vitalize thing won't work for most of the old Moga because they have like 7-8 DMG and they'd basically be at 4-5 DMG without G'hern anyway.

Edit: Another advantage to this system would be that a select few Moga could still opt out of being G'hernbound entirely, such as Moga Cannon and Dirge. Under the system where G'hern grant buffs, Dirge would be in a weird place where he either gained an indirect buff or effectively became G'hernbound because he'd have to be nerfed.

8. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

Cyclops Hurler : (it lost its hole idea it need some love after that)
    : +1 spd
    or
    : lower nora cost 70 nora
    or
    :add bounce
    or
    :+1 range

Onus of kierjanna:
    -target champion friendly real champion owned is destroy and closet opponent champion is destroy (if this change i guess some nora up will be proper) make it unique

intimidation:( the debuff for this spell should affect all champ even once that are summon after the spell is cast)
    -nora 35

suicidal attack:
    -add rampage

Blindwing: (once the most hated rune in the game , since it nerf it never got a fair balance )
    -lower it cost to 30 or 35
    or
    -the equip champion gain reckless fly after this equipment has been in play for 4 turn ,it return to it's owner rune dock and it owner is refunded it cost (i still think the cost of the rune is too high but something is something)

Calcified Lurker
    - +1 spd

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

W/ onus maybe target champion dies and so does the closest friendly champion with full HP?

10. Frostyhot

Frostyhot New Member

There's a champ I would like to get a little buff when the time comes. I've been messing around with the Voil Progenitor and I liked the change he got with the protect voil (very cool unique ability) but as a stand alone champ he's kind of beefy but I was reading the flavor text and it said that he was, "These titans are said to be the Shattered Peaks themselves, aiding their Voil allies in battle." and when I read that Peaks Themselves line I realized what he needs...Mountaineer. I mean the dude is supposed to be part of the mountains, and he can't even climb the things? Anyway I thought it'd be a nice little buff on a fun champ. And from a utility point of view it makes alot of sense too. His abilities work well with voil (which all have flying) so giving him the ability to travel with all those flying champs really would be nice (regardless of where they are standing at the time).

Anyway I know this guy NEVER sees the light out of the shoebox so if you can find room for him in the next buff phase it'd be much appreciated.

11. Paper Skull

Onus of Kiergana is a really specific spell because it needs to have a huge drawback. An enormous drawback.

The point of the spell isn't to destroy a creature, it's to give you such a huge advantage that you're willing to lose if it doesn't work out. The best buff for it I can think of would be to reduce the cost so that you can cast it, maybe, 3 times before losing? Even at 10 mana, casting it every other turn, you'll still lose soon enough.

It shouldn't be an alternate to Drown, it should make you lose the damned game.

12. Bellagion

Yeah, I'm with Paper Skull on this one. If it just destroys one ally and one enemy outright it'd be like a better Drown/Retribution. It needs the major drawback of possibly losing; that's part of its design.

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

You people make me laugh so hard. Some of these suggestions are just so completely ridiculous that i dont even know what to say

14. Vorian

I hope Cyclops storm caller loses supercharged and add charge but keeps everything else!

15. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Warwizard (+1 speed to make him more useable outside cyclops; should have little change with cyclops b/c of wardrummer)
    Voil Kings Crypt (3 bats ==> 2 bats)
    Mika--choose her fesh; I know, she doesn't need a buff, but random abilities aren't good design in most games.
    Ritual Cultist(death charged 3 to base, charge heal to upgrades).
    Whispers of the Mind ==> Unique?
    Jester: Paralytic feedback to sonar 3?

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  16. Vorian

Whispers of the mind could cost 40 nora and still be good!

17. Paper Skull

Mika needs to only make Crested Feshes and then be buffed/nerfed from that point to an appropriate power level.

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

She is fine as is

19. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would be cooler if they updated the ghern moga relationship to be similar to the kanen mongrel and alpha dynamic in that moga and ghern had more ways to interact and feed each other.

oTruffles likes this.
  20. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I like the randomness in Mika. kinda says SP all over her face.

Last edited: May 7, 2014