Paladin Bg

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Grandpa69, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Grandpa69

Grandpa69 The King of Potatoes

Hello folks , I've been looking through threads and try to put up a battlegroup , I've played some time ago and I was thinking it is a good time to come back. So here is what I made and I am looking for any advice that could improve this bg. Ty alot .

Attached Files:

• pala.png
      pala.png
      File size:
      455.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Pretty decent... always tough to squish in enough viable range options. Can consider another priestess or pontiff...or if your feeling spicy an Angel of protection or mercy but can be awkward and difficult to get value out of if not careful. Most reliable is the NC priestess imo

3. Grandpa69

Ty , I will consider this, what about spells? Should I replace macadamize with EQ ?

4. Grandpa69

there are so many options to consider I can't decide tbh

5. Grandpa69

I don't really like the crusader and for the role he dose I like more Isran so I think I am going to replace him with NC pristess

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

How do you run crusader? think he is awesome myself, either using Throw Axe or Execute, Throw axe is easier to get some damage done while keeping units safe. Execute is awesome for that one hit that really hurts. Hallowed ground is great.
    Think you are missing Bastion the avenger and maybe Pureblood Plainswalker for OP ranged

my latest holy mix
    upload_2017-8-16_1-32-44.png

7. Grandpa69

I want something more focused on inquisition /paladin stuff and I dont wanna mix too much even if it could be better , I will consider bastion maybe but I have too many expensive champs . One more thinng , how do you guys deal with shatter? I might be missing something but I can't find a shatter unit so I run Disarm . Much thanks for the replay !

8. Hierokliff

I use carrier squire with shatter
    Divinity's touch can be used as shatter, allthough very expensive and more like a panic solution. Same with conscripted warrior of they put equip on my unit that i cant get rid of and want it gone i pull back and deploy conscript warrior, useally not happening but could...
    Paladins/inquisition are great, but so much melee, guess running blessing of al'mara + wings of glory or gravity flux to get that extra powerturn mobility

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Disarm is one of the best anti equips in the game, I always run at least one.

panthersfan95 likes this.
  10. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Is Northern Cross Purger any good?

11. super71

Some people like him, in my opinion he's got no range and low defense, and he's expensive.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  12. Hierokliff

Yes, but he is tricky to get full use of, the +2hp heal from fire dmg is working real nice sometimes and other times its a total waste.
    Purging flames aint bad, but then he starts to cost too much.
    he is totally outclassed by Pureblood Plainswalker when it comes to dmg
    if you want a tank the archangel of al'mara is about same cost but will survive better.

if the ability 'inquisition' was easier to use or affected a larger area i would love to use him more. tried a deny spell bg but that ability is just to limited. which is sad because i think it would be fun to play paladin/inquisition deck :)
    If he had been ranger/paladin instead of ranger/priest i would use him since we got so few ranged Paladins, and ranged paladins are awesome with Holy blade of valdac.

13. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I think it's a shame he only gets 2 shots before needing to reload.

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah purger art-baited all of us.. sick art, but meh gameplay for me

super71 likes this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Markoth would like a word with you.

16. super71

Anyone have a competitive paladin priest bg ?

@Thbigchief @Hierokliff

I've been trying to use some ironfist relics in there like secluded shrine, Hahndor memorial, northern cross obelisk, anyone found these playable ?

17. Hierokliff

I dont remember when i played a PvP last, i dont think it has happened with the new client yet.
    Hahndor memorial and secluded shrine are good, but hmm we got so much good spells also.

Last attempt i tried to get the ironfist paladin to work somehow, but it is just horrible :) which is sad, because i like Aid Defense and its ability to survive but its 5spd really hurts.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

https://goo.gl/2T4ETa

Paladins don't really have enough AOE to make use of obelisk, and secluded shrine is kinda garbage, the last thing paladins want is champions dying. Memorial is pretty good though.

Archangels, are your early game efficiency with hunter walker they basically have 4 defence and 12 damage. If you happen to have a mark of almara champion around they have a psuedo multiattack in ironfist exploit and do 17 damage per attack. Really strong for 70 nora. Purgers basically dispel every single thing around him because it's super easy to brand things and then all you need to do is throw out an attack. Pretty sure the rest of these champions are pretty self explanitory.
    You could also replace truthseeker with ironfist warsaint and paladin commander with ironfist inquisitor if you want similar roles for a lower price.

The spells are all the basic spells except consecrate the earth. I don't much understand why people are anti-CTE because honestly in a paladin BG it's an AOE cleanse and heal for 30 nora which is absurd. If you have the Holy blade of valdac equipped you can drop that for an AOE 3 cleanse as well, it's also quite good for dealing with annoying hyper tanky regen champs. Memorial is a good psuedo detection since it's AOE 5 2 fire damage, won't work if enemy unit is branded though.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    You summoned me?

Purger can be extremely effective and is a stat monster for his cost but Ammo/Reload can take some planning and getting used to.

Alakhami and themacca like this.
  20. Kicrimson

Kicrimson The King of Potatoes

a returning old player. Any suggestion?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017