Sadly, Tortuns Pretty Much Suck Right Now

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Elric, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

It's probably a bug as the deploy isn't from the runedock, but they basically get the initiative AP every time they are Unloaded. I haven't tested since the new client patches rolled out.

The way I tried to make it work usually had the Tortuns attack, load into one Transport, unload and attack again (and repeat if you have two Transports out). Deep Dive might give some better options though.

2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Lol. That's just what unload does. It gives them intiative. Leap the battle isn't doing that.

Capitulator likes this.
  3. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

This is my Tortun deck. It's really strong. won lots with it. basically you just knock people back into mines, watch as they die, and get mangleshell out to carry you after your cheap guys have died.

upload_2017-6-27_11-9-1.png

4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Tortuns suck?

I was retired from this game but looks like I gotta come back and show these new kids how the old FS crew use to run the show.

GabrielQ likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

word

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

they do suck tough, no pygmy, no racial, no artillery on mortar

Skullferno likes this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Tortuns biggest downfall

High defense

Their high defense, this is great and all but when it comes down to it how many abilities actually exist now that don't hit through defense, and how many abilities lower defense ? Defense as a whole has become almost useless, but it still costs something.

Tortun shell

Give ponderous- Negative ability, it's an enormous drawback, arguably one of the worst abilities in the game from a negative standpoint, everything in pox costs ap, having less ap is huge, it's similar to having a ton of 4 or 5 speed champs in your bg.
    Stability- Negative ability for the most part
    Amphibious- Ehh thanks, but only really useful on some maps, or in an aquatic or semi aquatic bg. Again this costs something
    Turtle- The only good ability

They summon a lot of relics to help them survive and evade enemies

This was awesome back in the day, however now every theme has shattered summons, or disbelief or some other nonsense which just makes these champs expensive. Bottom line, pox has too many hard counters now for tortuns in their current form to ever be any good.

Tortuns also have no shatter as I just found out when making a tort bg today.

Things tortun are missing

No shatter
    no stat stacking
    Nothing that really ties the theme together other than tortun's trade which costs 4 nora on every activation.
    no dispel
    not really any healing
    no anti summons
    no scaling
    not many aoes
    no dots
    No defensive abilities like dodge, block, evasive, reflexes etc.
    no cleanse
    not a lot of cc
    no ap gen abilities
    no 7 speeders

They are a tanky, slow moving, okay damage dealing theme with nothing else behind them. Some of the things I listed above could be wrong, I did most of it from memory and the short time i've been playing them today.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

play torts sl split and the sl spelllist gives you all the things in your list.

9. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

not surprised tortuns went to sh1 t honestly.
    its what happens when you kill what makes a theme unique.

10. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Bring back original torts! I've been on this soap box forever! Friggin changes totally destroyed them. Heck id even take the aoe tort trade again but ya they have been pretty lack luster since the change. They do have a lil healing and defensive abilities but not really enough to matter.

11. super71

Any theme that is missing all that with no scaling is a doomed theme in today's meta

12. super71

13. Can I get more info on this bg? Is this just a Sea song deck with a few torts in it? Only other synergy I can think of is Naria ragevine.

@MaruXV

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

@super71 tremir because cannon barrage is the only good thing about playing Tortuns.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's also like -6 nora.

16. super71

It's also like a really shitty ability, and ponderous is horrendous.

17. super71

I'll try him, although mangleshell with his range and vindictive is pretty bonkers.

18. super71

Mostly i've found that it's the scaling that tortuns can't compete with, they just never really get better except with 1 rune and 1 ability, tortun cannon barrage, and cannon barrage. While other themes amp up and get stronger over time, tortuns never go anywhere, they stagnate until your opponent reaches critical mass.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That\s the point.

20. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

super71 likes this.