The Laboratory - Poxnora Creative BG building Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by MaruXV, Mar 29, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i dont get the basic idea of the bg can you explain it to me?

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

btw he is not in the guild but this bg deserves a place on our page because its very nice and fun to play. here's @limone1981 's UD/SP deepwounds bg

Hraken
    2x deepelf Manslayer
    2x grunderwulf
    2x grunderwulf Alpha
    2x Nefari beastcaller
    2x Hyean Houngan
    2x Hyean Stalker
    2x Hyean Witchdoctor
    The Exile

Avalanche
    Bad Blood
    Vertical Push
    Whispers of the mind
    Bane shift
    Drain Vitality
    Fiery Ambush
    Mandate from Sheoul

head of Osarious
    Rock trap

Betrayal
    Cloak of the Long Knives
    Diamond Mace

3. rathma

rathma Member

[​IMG]

basic kill/stall psy anguish gives me 2nora per soultap, psy whittle down while killing anything with doom and aspects-o-death, jellys add CD reduction on songs and DOOOOOOOOM!

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

ok now i got it^_^ when i made a turbo-doom bg i went with FW/ST, with chronomancers and obelisk of foresight. conceal + redraw is faster, and with fw cheap champs chronomancer charge really fast. you would get dooms back faster than in this bg i think.

5. roobs

roobs The King of Potatoes

It's been a couple years since I really played pox and I've always enjoyed playing around with bgs. I'm sure there are plenty of critiques for the following, but I'll throw it up here and hopefully learn a few things. I was looking to used assassinate as a big damage dealing tactic and then have some ranged and tanky units to distract and help out.

https://goo.gl/6rp3gY

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

mangleshell is a split hero, can be used only in split bgs^_^

other than that, i dont like very much the anchor, the rest is ok. concealer to get drown back sooner?

7. roobs

Thanks for the info on mangleshell.
    I was thinking watershed anchor may slow down and divert attention, allowing for more potential assassinate opportunities.
    Concealer to try and get drown back, he'll also benefit damage wise from stealthed units and when he is deployed or destroyed he can potentially cloak a champ for me.

Any thoughts on additions/subtractions?

I did contemplate splitting it with UD as the deep elf assassin has assassinate 2.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

if you like stealth assassinate bgs you should go ud also for brand of brutality /blade of the snake

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

but then maybe split kf is better than fs

10. roobs

Why would KF be better here?

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you get access to forest lerper that doesn't have assassinate but with startle and brand of brutality hits like a truck. also you get some nice tools for your assassins, like protection, invisibility,spot cleanse, etc..also in this case the split kf bonus isnt bad because 1 more ap in assassination turn could be very important

roobs likes this.
  12. rathma

rathma Member

going to have to play with that idea when i get time to play again ( hopefully mid nov)

MaruXV likes this.
  13. roobs

Another idea i'm working on is "Scare Tactics". It's a ST/FW split.
    Yeti's have some form of giving opponents frightened which will lower their stats and then soften them up for psychological warfare from jakei heretic, eye of serkan, and necrotaur, and doombringer. Most of which have some range as well.
    I haven't ever really been a FW player, so for spells/equips/relics I'm guessing abit. I was looking for more opportunities to frighten opponents mostly.

Thoughts and tips?

https://goo.gl/HpsRqY

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I think you are right with the st/fw split. mainly you should focus on yetis because i think they are the ones with best interaction on frigthful.

fw spells/equips that are usually considered a must are: elsari bazaar, bone circle staff, and the equip that gives dispel.

with splits i found this "formula" that i like a lot: you get a theme (in this case yeti), you build a full yeti champs composition + 2 adaptive champs of the secondary faction (in this case 2x FWdoombinger). then you get the banner of the champs faction, +1 -2 runes if they are very important, and a full equips/relics/spells list of the secondary faction. Doing like this would make all spells you cast proc doombinger's adaptive, and still you get the bonuses of having a full theme. So let's say:

champs:
    12-yetis (risen yeti 2x, yeti icelord 2x, support yetis, at least 1 scout, etc...)
    2x FW doombinger

relics
    st banner + halberd of jthir
    elsari bazaar

equips
    bone circle staff
    enervating collar
    (eventually yeti equip or fur cap)

spells

essence drain x2
    doom
    execution order (if not bugged anymore)
    soul reave
    reanimate
    chain lightning
    etc...

15. roobs

Thanks for this input. You think focusing on Yeti's is a better approach than trying to get the extra damage for psychological warfare?

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its a different approach, i think more solid. there are anyway just 3 champs with psycowarfare: heretic, doomball and necrotaur. necrotaur im not sure its worth a spot, heretic could be ok in ff st yetis, but in this split it doesnt get adaptive procs. doomball could be nice in the bg i showed you.

17. roobs

Again, I appreciate the input and reasoning, helps me understand more. Hopefully make some more creative bgs as I go!

MaruXV likes this.
  18. roobs

Question - what inspires you all to make bgs? Is it a specific ability? Race? What?

Thanks in advance?

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it depends, sometimes is a race, sometimes an ability, sometimes a single rune. lets get some examples:

1. race : you take a race and start to work on its racial/thematic spells.relics.equips interactions. for example, I take salamans. they work well with equips and relics. i make a bg to get max utility from equips and relics. could be Fullfaction or split, if i find there are some good interactions outside of their faction (SLsalamans, IS salamans etc...)

2. ability: i find that there are some cheap punishing aura fonts in SP, and some punishing aura champs in FW. i decide then to make a bg with all punishing aura fonts in SPand FW plus some sinergic spells, like steal life, invigorate etc...

3. single rune: i want to make a bg to play, lets say, ethereal pool. i build a bg to make it most effective.

4. single interaction: i want to make a bg that works on a 2 runes interactions (leviathan/seasong, goblinking/strength of body, etc...) . i maximize the chance to get the combo out, and fill the spots with utility

5. dmg type: i check the ways to get max amp out, and cover most utility roles possible while doing that.

6. terrain: i get most utility in units with terrain generation and terrain bonuses.

all this ways can be mixed: i can go race + dmg type with firks-psyamp for example. Or dmg + terrain + race with FS/SP fry beasts bg.

20. roobs

Really, it's about taking an idea and trying to find what you can to support it and make it at least quasi viable and fun.

MaruXV likes this.