Looking for good barbarian bg to use

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by bestYorickEU, Oct 6, 2017.

1. bestYorickEU

bestYorickEU New Member

greetings

I would like to play a barbarian themed deck and am looking for examples

thanks for reading

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Wish i could help, tried to play barbarian themed deck in the last year now and then, but its not something ive got working.
    Barbarians are so horrible weak
    now if you can live with barbarian+holy theme its another story, but then its not much barbaric brutality to talk about :)
    I must have deleted my last barbarians, so cant help you with a deck at all atm.
    I tried a barbarian deck in todays solo game and could almost not win against PvE :p thats how bad iam atm.

here is my attempt, its not working, but its kinda fun unless you like winning.
    upload_2017-10-6_15-6-59.png

it lacks AP gen, has to many champs 10-13 should be enough atm since moving is so hard in PvP, missing relics and equips, missing alt damage types, has no synergy effects

3. bestYorickEU

bestYorickEU New Member

can i see your barbarian+holy? if its really so much better :D

ty for the reply btw

4. Hierokliff

Yeah if you skip the limit to barbaric theme you get alot of more options. if you just use race 'barbarian' you are still very good.
    here is my last mix, i got bored of playing it and took a new try on a more barbaric theme again.
    upload_2017-10-6_19-29-13.png
    archangel can def be changed, but he is a flying magic dmg unit that is really good.
    carrier squire, (says barbarian in race but not really) is so good and so hard to replace: AP-gen, shatter/detection, equipbuff, -1spd sucker for Plainswalkers, he loves to use the holy blade of valdac.
    grintmaw shaman, takes a bit to get used to can be changed for barb druid, north cross cardinal/priestess
    ironfists units they are maybe race barbarian, but in a barb theme they are disqualified in my book, but awesome all 5 of them in a holy theme.
    plainswalkers maybe the best damage unit in the game
    terraformer still one of the most efficient dmg unit in IS

did make a new barbaric theme deck, so far 0 wins, but more fun trying out new decks.

the warchief inauguration spell is very good for barbarians, it stacks without limit so you can get insane dmg and hp if using it in a long game. blessing of al'mara is great with paladins/priests they all get race +angel so their synergy affects angels also if you want. like aid defense from bastion, commander, battlemaster, sermon from north cross cardinal.

Also look in the top thread, the last 3 pages are pretty useful still even if they are 1-2 years old

5. bestYorickEU

bestYorickEU New Member

thank you very much, ive been a bit sneak spectating you playing barbarian today ;)

im bit scared to look at older threads because im newer and i dont know what runes got changed over time so this helps alot to set up a base

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-10-7_17-32-35.png

- I am still hoping for more aggressive options for Barbs as a theme. Sok is very open to suggestions unfortunately the games situation right now with the client prolly takes priority. This deck is fun and capable of some power. Of course swap out gladiator since shes just in there for looks. Pitfighter can be swapped with another barb guardian or conscriptor for a budget. This deck works by out champing with renegades nora gen banditry coupled with Call to arms from exemplars etc.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Little lacking in range damage but absolute powerhouses in melee. strong anti range+phalanx through commanders guardians and shieldman.

8. Hierokliff

My latest deck
    upload_2017-10-12_15-9-29.png
    its an abuse deck
    houndmaster + beermaiden gives you 25hp dogs with regen and 13dmg
    houndmaster + terraformer + medal of valor gives you insane battle leader buffs when you burn your own dogs
    barbarian exemplar/pureblood plainswalker + wildeye bracers gives you so much AP
    houndmaster + barbarians with beast gives alot of extra stats.

guess i should remove a few champs, but its a work in progress. Some boring barbarians gets buffed up pretty good with the houndmaster buffs since they got beast class also. but 1 terraformer and the druid can def get replaced by relic,spells
    i should use Ayla the huntress but like exemplars atm even if she is better.

9. bestYorickEU

bestYorickEU New Member

Would savage wolf work in this? ^

10. Hierokliff

yes, it does, no idea why i didnt use it myself. Thanks for the tip
    it works awesome since its both beast and brute, so getting buffed from houndmasters and can drink beer and get buffed by beermaiden also.
    for extra buff, use shatter on the brute and give it a new brew. it works as cleansing also, so maybe worth changing alot and have 2 beermaidens.
    north cross fanatic is also great to give beer and keep drunk, that regen almost removes her losing 5hp per turn out of combat
    if i did like Pitfighter he is also a brute and gets buffed, but i just cant get him to work...

oh and i was wrong about dogs, they get 30HP with beer+standard+houndmaster buff, not 25.

11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Man barbs seem like the strongest bg atm, I kinda wanna make it too. Seems like you might have to do a highlander type thing due to how many good champions there are. Are there any necessary barbs. Like auto-includes, or are you generally ok to mess around with any of them? The new one seems amazing

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Barbs suck don't play them unless you can educate them, give them a shirt and play a paladin deck.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

zedin

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Education? ... I'm pretty sure paladin's have only read 1 book ... like a lot of times but still. Shirts? ... pfft ... create too much drag ... and -5 points to intimidation.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Man the bg screenshots look so much cooler when it's from the client