midterm releases need to be limited or elite

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Oct 12, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

the new midterm releases need to be limiteds, or some sort of semi limited high cost skin. Re-release them a few months later with a different sprite foregable for 800 and 2400 (elite sprite) shards. That way, people don't feel ripped off who spend money on the game for such an easy forge later on, but those who spend money now can enjoy a benefit later. Since there are 8 runes being released, making them all lims would be too much a new class *elite* or w.e might be better.

I work in top marketing / full solution firm now, I can say these things.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

People know up front that the runes will be easy to forge when the next release comes out. If they still choose to overbid for the midterms, that's their fault. If they need the instant gratification of having the latest runes, they will need to pay a premium.

Etherielin and super71 like this.
  3. DiCEM0nEY

Doesn't seem like a good deal for the customer, and it doesn't follow industry trends.

What is wrong with giving paying customers a e-badge? The model doesn't even make sense anymore. It is too easy to forge a normal legendary. Devs are reluctant to release new content, because that means the old runes become avail and they lose those sales. If they keep all locked, more entitled players (but rightfully so imo) quit. Release them as semi lim skins, more players will be happy, win win. Also helps economy.

Since the new decks, I have been getting decks filled very fast, which is good. but releasing 1 lim rune for 20$ isn't going to make me feel satisfied: I don't JUST want a reskin, unless it is a rune I use a lot (xulous for me, not mika).

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

We have enough reskins right now, it's gotten to the point where reskins barely even feel valuable because pox has so many.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Devs aren't reluctant to release new content because old stuff becomes available. They're reluctant to release new content because the developers are focused on bug fixes and the Vita client. They're also reluctant to release new content because they get accused of releasing content as a cash grab instead of focusing on fixing issues. Most players that have quit recently have done so for two reasons. First, players have quit due to the number of bugs in the new client. Second, players have quit because there aren't many players to play against, causing what feels like a stale meta.

From an economical standpoint it makes no sense for the devs to release new runes as a limited/elite status. Historically limited runes increase in value once they are out of print. That means anyone that bought the limited/elite runes would have their rune pools increase in value as time goes on. That allows them to more easily trade for new content instead of buying it. Since legendaries that are not available in the forge command a high price up front and a lower price after they're available in the trader, players that rush to get new content lose collection value causing the economy to lose value overall when the new expansion comes out. That lost value is replaced by runes purchased from the new expansion, fueling additional purchases.

Alakhami likes this.
  6. DiCEM0nEY

Reskins should have different degrees of rarity. A gray banner should mean something. An "elite" rune could have a different distinction (not gray banner). A few recolors of sprites would be interesting. Either way, the new pricing model is non-nonsensical. It causes players to simply wait for legionaries to come out, since forging a legendary is literally a non issue now a days, aside from it not being in the market. Giving purchases long term value from the standpoint of the company is a win-win.

Most ppl here are not looking at from the terms of a new player / semi new player, but from a long term vet, who already have every single rune available.

7. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

I have stated it many times over the years and won't stop doing so. Release an alternative to Standart Ranked play. Draft or Arena, FF Tournaments which have 1 Dollar Buy-In like in Poker which offer special Skins as Price. Weekly Split Tournaments. Copy the concept from hearthstone and have a working Arena Mode. Just add something different.

We all love standart but start stealing the "pros" from hearthstone. The ones that think their the kings of strategy and let them compete here! Lure those people in with the Strengths of Poxnora, the complexity, the tactical movement on the board, the spells and champ combinations, the flavors of Factions and Races.

Desert use your cards well and make the stay worthwhile. Poxnora is still the best strategy game out there. Be proud of this masterpiece and get some investors!

8. DiCEM0nEY

sounds fun, but that requires actual coding. What I am suggesting merely requires a pallete swap and a new border, very limited coding.

9. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

While I like your idea, dont get me wrong, it won't change much unfortunately.

10. DiCEM0nEY

I just don't see the point of buying a rune of 600 owls, when it will be released later. Unless i'm only doing it to pay for power, which isn't very fun anyways.

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Devs don't give a Bane Shift about your investment in the game. Midterms are just cashgrabs and they don't care if they're virtually worthless soon after because they only care about you paying them to play them right away.

12. DiCEM0nEY

But I'm not going to pay for them. I might if there was an incentive. 800 shards is nothing. which is good, I don't actually enjoy pay to win, but lim/elite releases are something I'd spend money on.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Well, yeah. They should have done sepia tone or hue LE recolors at a lot of points in time like when they just made a shitload of LEs LEG and shat all over the collector value of Pox(which Arghas was right to call "ultimately zero", looking back). But it's whatever at this point. Midterms are basically a way to squeeze some extra cash out of consumers to feed the cow and then they make them more or less free for people who manage their resources or have alts. It really doesn't matter that much at an all time low point of interest in the game like this where even the most hardcore long time followers are leaving in droves or taking breaks. There might be a time when the business model might be revamped outside of packs and stuff but I wouldn't bet on a game-changing major overhaul that tackles all layers frustrating F2Pers, paying customers, newbies and veterans alike.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Another thing to consider is that every reskin or limited version creates an extra item on the list of runes. Which makes it that little bit harder to find anything - especially those poor fukers using playstations.

15. DiCEM0nEY

I have 0 faith in the devs.

That being said, im just stating obvious things that basically everyone would agree on (such as midterms being pretty hard to justify purchases, aside from pay to win).

As for the rune list argument, that is somewhat true, however, perhaps now is the time to stop showing players the LE runes, similar to how LOL handles the skins. Or just make it... easier to sort things. I think there are plenty of ways around it.