Grintmaws...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, May 4, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Are OP. I didn't know a champ that was 65 nora could deal that much damage and "dampen" my champions.
    Thanks.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It only deals a lot of damage if you hit its buddies beforehand. Not that Grintmaw wouldn't be OP, but the real problems are bouncer and ToV.

Vorian likes this.
  3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Grintmaws and everything else is being looked at in the revamp.
    Try to take a deep breath and be patient :)

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Spell damage. Bombs and Cones.

Try to understand exactly how the Grintmaw mechanic works and don't feed it. Ideally the grintmaw player wants you to attack his bouncer and other tough front line units while buffing his range. Do the opposite. Bouncer is slower once he starts attacking and the range isn't that strong until it gets buffed by the grintmaw mechanic.

5. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Hmmm...

6. Greysands22

I know what you are thinking Kimiz but not everyone plays Grints as FF. Also even with the IS bonus it's certainly advisable to use the spell dmg you have from things like gale force wisely when facing grints.

7. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Kimiz sees IS as an unstoppable force that wrecks the game. No amount of empirical evidence will convince him other wise.

I'm pretty sure that most SP decks run only 1 rune in them typically that is even effected by the IS bonus.

8. Boozha

Grintmaw are OP. Stop denying it, it is obvious.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Everything is OP, nerf everything.

Oh, wait, they're already doing that with the revamp.

Carry on.

dsjtheman and Tarathil like this.
  10. Greysands22

I'm not denying grintmaws are OP. My ST/IS grintmaw BG is one of the strongest BGs I've ever made.

But revamp and in the meantime I tried to help OP with some ways to win vs them.

11. Boozha

I was more targetting dresnar and his IS-Fanboyism

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Grintmaws are one of my least favorite match-ups. I tend to play KF decks with many weak attackers that, usually, add up to power. When I play Grintmaws, conversely, those many little attacks add up to a loss. I am interested in seeing what they become after the revamp....whenever that is.

13. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Sure dude, whatever you say.

14. Dresnar20365988

Its more about your wrongisms.

15. Dresnar20365988

Yes Grints typically counter lots of small attacks. Darn.

Remove all counters from the game ASAP, that'll fix it.

16. Boozha

No, YOUR wrongisms!

See, we are having a meaningful discussion!

17. Dresnar20365988

This is pretty much the quality of most of what you post. At least your consistent.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, Pox forums... Never change

Apostate likes this.
  19. Boozha

I am confused, did you mean "you are" and are simply unable to work with basic english grammar or do I have a consistent?

20. Dresnar20365988

Like quite a few of Pox players English isn't my first language. How many languages do you speak? Can you communicate as well as I do in my second language? This distraction has nothing to do with the quality of your posts or how often you are wrong on matters of balance in Pox. I'll give it to you Boozha, you are right, I should of used you're instead of your.

Now that we've cleared that up I'll continue with my point. Most of what you post concerning balance is useless gibberish. Much like you're last post which is a distraction and I just replied to.